"Bolton get battered" matchday thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

"Bolton get battered" matchday thread

I have no idea how they cleared Santos for a desperate lunge to stop the Blackpool player scoring but upheld our ban when Hughes won the ball against Barnsley.

I don't like this ambiguity over last man - i preferred it when it was cut and dry.
Because little old bowton are one of the EFL darlings fuck the EFL

I have no idea how they cleared Santos for a desperate lunge to stop the Blackpool player scoring but upheld our ban when Hughes won the ball against Barnsley.

I don't like this ambiguity over last man - i preferred it when it was cut and dry.

I believe it is a case of double jeopardy, the rules now state that in the box unless the challenge is deemed dangerous and the player making the challenge makes an effort to get the ball it is a penalty and a yellow card.

Our appeal was based on an opinion from the referee, whereas theirs was an interpretation of the law.

Re the red that was rescinded

Key Law changes

Amongst the Law changes for 2023/24, as outlined by The IFAB, is an update on the wording of a denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and a change of an element of previous guidance to offside law (Law 11).

Denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity
Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick:

A yellow card will be issued if the offence was an attempt to play the ball or a challenge for the ball.
A red card will be shown in all other circumstances (e.g., holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball)

The additional wording means that whilst cynical non-footballing actions such as clear holding, pushing and handball offences will continue to be sanctioned with a penalty and red card, where there is an attempt to play the ball or challenge for the ball a penalty and yellow card is the expected outcome.

he may prove to be more an attacking threat as our defending of lofted set pieces into our Penalty box has been utterly abject
Ha. You obviously haven’t seen Rico trying to head the ball in attack then Zeb? Absolutely hopeless so I think you’re safe there. 🤗

Smith, Kerr, Goode, Chambers

That backline makes me physically sick. Also Humphrys (the best player in the reverse fixture) on the bench is a mistake.

Good to see Callum start but I fear it won't be enough to save us...

What a bloody shit show. Ko delayed by 30 mins and zero announcement until we were inside the stadium. Pathetic!!?
Want you in the ground spending your money in the concourse rather than the pub.

At least it'll numb the inevitable pain later on.