The Official Stockport County Match Thread (Sponsored by Estrella Damm "for all your après ski needs") | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Official Stockport County Match Thread (Sponsored by Estrella Damm "for all your après ski needs")

Containing them?

They’ve had a free header, put woefully wide.

They’ve hit the crossbar.

They’ve just forced Turner in to a save.
And we’ve still not had an attempt on goal.

‘Stockport commentators: Gillingham are having some of the ball but just not doing anything with it’

We give it away as soon as we get into their half.
We don’t know how to play without a target man.

Yep! It’s nil nil
They are the best team in the division, clear at the top.
Do you expect us to be out playing them?
I expect us to be competitive or to have a shot on goal after 35mins and especially when playing on home soil. We have one of the biggest budgets in this league but the gulf between the two sides is huge. It’s Stockport FFS, not Man City.

I think i was blessed watching Gills growing up when i did 90s/00s because what happen to the type of player who was essentially (shit) but covered every blade of grass and just got everyone else going!! For my most obscure example Alan Pouton (obvious example is Hessy) small socks runs about does the dirty work gets the team going!!! WE NEED THAT!!

We have the odd decent win, we receive the odd battering, but mostly it's the same unambitious, tedious stuff week in, week out. It's so predictable in every sense.