The Tim Iroegbunam Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Tim Iroegbunam Thread

What's happening with this lad?

Not on the US tour, I'm not aware that he's injured and I don't think he's gone out on loan.

What's happening with this lad?

Not on the US tour, I'm not aware that he's injured and I don't think he's gone out on loan.

According to Gregg he has an injury and that's why he didn't go.

Emery didn't mention it in the pre-match though, which is odd. And I take it to mean he will go out on loan again when fit.

"We have more problems with the players who are now injured - Alex Moreno, Jacob Ramsey, Duran, Bertrand Traore, Dendoncker, and Aaron Ramsey."

Well, Tim has really impressed me, the new Bellingham? Hope to see him being introduced into the prem when we we need him. I guess he learnt a lot from seeing Chuckie implode!

Well, Tim has really impressed me, the new Bellingham? Hope to see him being introduced into the prem when we we need him. I guess he learnt a lot from seeing Chuckie implode!

I think a lot of them have their heads screwed on right. Archer and Philo in particular because Archer had to go way down the ranks to get his first loan. Some would be too proud. And Philo has taken on some unglamorous loan moves to try and be something too.

It all bodes very well for the future and Unai is absolutely perfect to have leading them. A couple of them probably won't make it but it seems more will than won't.

I think it comes down to who grows faster, the club or the kids.

I think Unai rates Tim. He keeps talking about him.
He looked capable the handful of times he lined out for us. I watched a few of his games at QPR and it was interesting to see him used like Prime Yaya. That flexibility can only help him.

I can see what Unai likes.

Tim likes a tackle, is skillful with the ball is far more mobile than Dendoncker, and he is probably better suited to the way Emery wants his team to play.

Here he is whilst out on loan to QPR last season.

I can see what Unai likes.

Tim likes a tackle, is skillful with the ball is far more mobile than Dendoncker, and he is probably better suited to the way Emery wants his team to play.

Here he is whilst out on loan to QPR last season.

I thought he needed another loan but I am excited to see him get minutes. Hopefully, he steps up and we don't sell him in the summer.

So I think with today's news about Kamara - his game time will increase.

Not sure he's has starting material right now though.

Still think a re shuffle of the existing midfielders is much more likely...

Yeah.
He hasn’t been involved at all so far so Unai is hardly foolishly going to put him straight in to start. So I imagine his increased involvement will go to him coming on late in games to help see them out or if there are any dead rubber conference 2nd legs.

I hope not. We need SJM further forward. He is more effective there.
But then he is more trustworthy. I’d trust him more than Duggie, Youri or last resort Tim to do a job there . So while we may have a bit of cover there it’s the sacrificing of other players into positions we don’t want them to be in which is now the issue aswell.

But then he is more trustworthy. I’d trust him more than Duggie or Youri to do a job there . So while we may have a bit of cover there it’s the sacrificing of other players into positions we don’t want them to be in which is now the issue aswell.
Yup true.

Unai has probably been up all night concocting a devious plan. Probably involve putting Olsen in there or something.

Clubs like United and Newcastle don't seem scared of putting kids in.

Mainoo is doing brilliantly since he was given his chance. Newcastle have a couple really excelling.

Do we think Tim is good enough and will make the grade? If we do, play him.

If we don't, sell him. He's too old to be kept round for years on end and not be played, especially now fate has handed us the opportunity to play him.

Shuffling the pack and playing players out of position seems a cowards move to me.