Forest vs Newcastle match thread sponsored by geordies in the rain with no shirts on. | Page 16 | Vital Football

Forest vs Newcastle match thread sponsored by geordies in the rain with no shirts on.

Woke up as pissed off as I went to sleep. The PL is shit. It's comically corrupt and I only ever feel anxious with the odd moment of relief. I barely lose my shit with joy anymore.

Still thought they were offside for the 2nd as the ball was played in. Perhaps it was checked and I missed it?
It is shit.

I actually think this is the worst officiating I've seen in any of the leagues we have been in. It's far worse than the championship.

What I have enjoyed in the championship has been the sheer quality. Our players are brilliant and can do things I've never seen from forest players before.

But like you say, it's hard to just go to a game and enjoy it. The game yesterday was very entertaining, but every one of them means so much I don't look forward to them and am full of anxiety all the time.

And the inconsistency, the cheating and the two faced media really make it awful.

But the one most are not talking about was the block on Dominguez for their third. That was pretty bad too.
Yes mate that's the one that's really winding me up it wasn't just blocking off it was a full blown assault on Dominguez.
I can sort of understand why the pen on Taiwo wasn't given because he sort of put his foot in to engineer the contact. However if it had been at the other end it would no doubt have been given.
I am living in hope that yesterdays home defeat for Luton marks the beginning of them running out of steam, & that bottom 3 getting cast adrift

It’s quite hard in the premier league - has any team ever been away for so long and gone up and stayed up?

No

And even their first goal...even though it was well worked, Elanga almost read it, but HE was blocked when running towards Trippier...these are the words of the commentator...one different step from any other the three players involved ( Trippier, Elanga and the Newcastle scorer) and the first goal wouldn't have happened...

Last edited:
Woke up feeling exactly the same. Still pissed off that no decisions seem to fall out way and what pisses me off is the way half of the shit given to others is laughed off and not even considered for us. At least the TA penalty pretty much everyone but the officials and var seem to agree it's was a penalty.

The only fresh thought I had this morning though was about wolves though, they are evidence that you still have to be accountable for your own short comings. They have had really shit decisions all season but are still doing well. Its just very hard to stomach it as a fan when we are continuously hit by shit officiating and subsequently on the wrong side of fine margin results. Making it really hard to enjoy at the moment

How did we leave their best player with that much space for the first ? Criminal.

We downgraded our fullbacks compared to last season
Just got back ..

Well I missed the game as I was driving round the M25 to sing at some blokes big 70th birthday.
Crazy night .. propositioned by the bar manager who looked like a bag of spanners, and touched up on stage by sexy/ chavvy girl who asked me to go home with her, and as her boyfriend was in prison it was fine to do so…
LOL. Legend

would we have got 2 wins under cooper. Quite possibly

Yeah ? Against who ?
And how ?

Don’t forget he’d lost half the dressing room.

Take your time now and tell me in which of the games we’ve played , with the same corrupt officiating , half of dressing room lost , AFCON and injuries , and bunkering in like cowards , would we have won?
The only reason we have won any of the matches since nuno arrived is because we’ve went for teams, taken the shackles off and haven’t been afraid.

Last edited:
Looks like new manager bounce has bounced off unless we count fantastic victories over Blackpool and Bristol City?

Nothing has bounced off at all.
We haven’t played badly at all,
We were really good yesterday overall
And were robbed by stupid mistakes and terrible officiating.

I didn’t personally think it was that much of a penalty BUT look at that piece of shit given against last year against Brentford where VAR OVERTURNED the refs on field decision for that slight touch by Henderson on Wissa - where’s the consistency and when will ANYTHING go our way.

Everybody said we had a lot of luck last season and it’s hard to disagree, but my word that’s evened out this year - we’ve had absolutely nothing both in officiating and general rub of the green.

Sadly, I’ve thought we’re going down for a while - it’s just not happening and it has that feeling of a team where nothing goes for us.
I too think we’re going down.

Yeah sadly i agree , too many things going against us. I won't be too disappointed to see the back of VAR though to be honest . Sick to death of it , quite possibly the worst change in football i can remember.
Agreed. It’s the points deduction which will sink us. Without it I think we could scrape by.

But even 3 points will sink us. No chance we will finish more than 3 points ahead of 3rd bottom