The Official Notts County Match Thread (Sponsored by Big Nev "for all your giant blue human needs") | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Official Notts County Match Thread (Sponsored by Big Nev "for all your giant blue human needs")

72.2% possession for them, we should have had 4 goals. It's not all about possession! :)

Well done boys, a super win. Clinical with the chances in the first half (which was something we needed) and then saw it out really well in the second.

Very pleased - credit to the whole team and the coaching staff.

Very impressed with the new boys - Hutton was quietly so effective in creating chances and has a brilliant delivery on him. Walker's heat map will be impressive - he did a lot of dirty running. His hard work was low key vital, especially defensively. That's the stuff that wins games.

And credit again to Hawkins. He's an absolute handful. Really impressed with what he brings at the moment with the support he's getting. Hope he can help mentor Andrews!

Great Friday night! :)

72.2% possession for them, we should have had 4 goals. It's not all about possession! :)

Well done boys, a super win. Clinical with the chances in the first half (which was something we needed) and then saw it out really well in the second.

Very impressed with the new boys - Hutton was quietly so effective in creating chances and has a brilliant delivery on him. Walker's heat map will be impressive - he did a lot of dirty running. His hard work was low key vital, especially defensively. That's the stuff that wins games.

And credit again to Hawkins. He's an absolute handful. Really impressed with what he brings at the moment with the support he's getting. Hope he can help mentor Andrews!

Absolutely agree.

No weak links. Super solid defence. Decent midfield (after the first 10 minutes) and three good goals.

7/10 all round may seem a bit tight so I'll give 8's to Ehmer and Ogie.

Notts County played neat build up football but their defence and keeper looked poor.

What a fantastic team performance. Wow!

Massive win against play off rivals. Team selection & tactics spot on from Stephen Clemence. Side far better balanced with players in their correct positions.

This is the type of display that will get fans vocal & the rest of the division to take notice.

Should boost the players' confidence & self belief going into a tricky run of games.

Huge credit to Max Clark who has had to be patient but tonight showed us what a very decent defender he remains. Seized his opportunity tonight.

What a difference a week makes. Smiles tonight!

What a fantastic team performance. Wow!

Massive win against play off rivals. Team selection & tactics spot on from Stephen Clemence. Side far better balanced with players in their correct positions.

This is the type of display that will get fans vocal & the rest of the division to take notice.

Should boost the players' confidence & self belief going into a tricky run of games.

Huge credit to Max Clark who has had to be patient but tonight showed us what a very decent defender he remains. Seized his opportunity tonight.

What a difference a week makes. Smiles tonight!
Totally agree re Max Clarke

That was great, weren't it?! A really entertaining game between two good teams who were both trying to play the game the right way.

The way the game started I thought we might struggle. Notts County are a very good team and they seemed to be pressurising us into making mistakes. And then they scored.

But what a comeback! We showed them that we can play a bit too, and scored two quality goals.

Second half we were even better. Fantastic that we got a third, oh so close to getting a fourth.

The whole team played with determination and intelligence. Johnny Williams though - I've not seen all the games but that's the best I've seen him play for us. He gave the kind of performance tonight that I was expecting from him when I heard he signed for us - absolutely fantastic! Hutton is great at swinging those crosses and corners in, he's a fine addition to the team. And I was impressed with Josh Walker's contribution tonight as well. He gave a committed performance for us and played his part by defending from attack, closing down and dropping back and wide. I appreciated his and all the players' effort.

Tactics and team selection and substitutions were absolutely spot on from Clemence. He looked fired up on the touchline, and again at the end, celebrating with the players and fans.

Really good performance, huge result, a come-back win away from home, three goals, back in the play offs. Bring on the Swine!

UTG!

Last edited:

That was great, weren't it?! A really entertaining game between two good teams who were both trying to play the game the right way.

The way the game started I thought we might struggle. Notts County are a very good team and they seemed to be pressurising us into making mistakes. And then they scored.

But what a comeback! We showed them that we can play a bit too, and scored two quality goals.

Second half we were even better. Fantastic that we got a third, oh so close to getting a fourth.

The whole team played with determination and intelligence. Johnny Williams though - I've not seen all the games but that's the best I've seen him play for us. He gave the kind of performance tonight that I was expecting from him when I heard he signed from us - absolutely fantastic! Hutton is great at swinging those crosses and corners in, he's a fine addition to the team. And I was impressed with Josh Walker's contribution tonight as well. He gave a committed performance for us tonight and was played his part by defending from attack, closing down and dropping back and wide. I appreciated his and all the players' effort.

Tactics and team selection and substitutions were absolutely spot on from Clemence and he looked fired up on the touchline, and again at the end, celebrating with the players and fans.

Really good performance, huge result, a come-back win away from home, three goals, back in the play offs. Bring on the Swine!

UTG!
Spot on Buddlia, I've celebrated, so I might not have got your pronunciation