The FA Cup Thread | Page 203 | Vital Football

The FA Cup Thread

BOUNCEBACKABILITY - and its against Man Utd - superb - bring it on. Top 5, maybe a sniff higher and getting to the uefa thingy final is massively still in play. I really don’t get all the negative trash talk - slightly embarrassing like wolves fans immediately crowing how they beat Chelsea last week and we couldn’t match em. Obviously a disappointing night and losing Konsa has shown its immediate cost to us. I do think if we get a referee that lets teams get at us and allows certain tactics then it does seem to affect us. Not sour grapes but certainly something I’m sure Emery will address.

Im.not gonna even blame fatigue for that tonight. The game saturday was one of the easiest games we had so for me thats just a excuse.

Just no effort at all piss poor and embarrassing

Couldn’t get the game tonight so I can’t really comment on it. What I would say though is I didn’t think we had enough squad depth to navigate the league and 2 cups successfully. Maybe better to do a good job in 2 competitions than totally mess 3 up. If we were to sacrifice one of the cups, I’m not saying it was intentional by the way, then this would be the one I would have chosen.

If any team in the league were missing their 2 best defenders, who not only defend, but are vital cogs in our tactical machine, they too would struggle somewhat.

My main concern with even a full strength side, is always….how do we break down a low block? We just can’t do it.

They are fatiguing perhaps more mentally than anything. We don't have a squad the likes of Chelsea.
Sure. They’ve spent about a billion on that squad and I’m pretty sure they’ve broken financial rules. Maybe we should just say f*ck it and do the same if they can get away with it.

they looked like they weren't putting much effort in at all . Shocking really to do that in front of a your own fans and a full house

We need two new starting full backs in the summer, someone better than Carlos, someone better than Dendoncker as Kanara needs competition, and another striker.

That’s another 5 players who aren’t going to come cheap.

Lenglet is just another Bednareck for me, tidy but ultimately weak and a nothing player. Cash and Moreno are poor FB's . Carlos doesn't have time on his side.
emery's signings worry me somewhat with the exception of Torres.

Lenglet is just another Bednareck for me, tidy but ultimately weak and a nothing player. Cash and Moreno are poor FB's . Carlos doesn't have time on his side.
emery's signings worry me somewhat with the exception of Torres.

Too many technical players - he needs some ass kickers for the hurly burly of the PL - not sure Emery sees it like that though.

Too many technical players - he needs some ass kickers for the hurly burly of the PL - not sure Emery sees it like that though.

I’m sure that Emery will point to his record to date, the number of wins he has clocked up, and his points average as reasons why he’ll likely continue to pick technical over tough players (although a bit of both wouldn’t go amiss).

I’m also sure that poor as recent results have been, he’s unlikely to change on the basis of those results alone.