JANUARY WINDOW THREAD | Page 22 | Vital Football

JANUARY WINDOW THREAD

Please don't take this as arsey Nobrot, but this was posted on page 20, post #399.

I get that not everyone reads all posts in a thread before posting, but when you're posting "news", surely that makes sense.

The sews has been posted for that long, half of the board have already written him off ! (Only kidding ;) ).

Kelman must be fuckin' desperate if he wants to play for Tinkerbell for a few months ffs.

And the biggest piss take of all he said 'Humphrys sold the club to him and Maloney plavs some good stuff'

Has Humphrys got him to sign so he can piss off?

I'm not winding you up its true, gobsmacked when I read it.
I know Humphrys recommended us to him, ... they played together at Southend ... I just meant "well done" on finding the negative in that story ... that's of course if you believe Humphrys going would indeed be a negative. . ;)

I know Humphrys recommended us to him, ... they played together at Southend ... I just meant "well done" on finding the negative in that story ... that's of course if you believe Humphrys going would indeed be a negative. . ;)
I like Humphrys but his attitude stinks at the moment, then he has the gall to recommend us, he's done nowt but sulk for months.

Did you take note of the game against Stevenage on Saturday and how we coped against a team of rough and ready team of seasoned pros, we defended shockingly against their aerial threat from both midfield and forwards, our record all this season has been terrible, how many goals have we conceded because of missed challenges in the air or where we failed to defend a headed knock down or goal attempt, Piergianni's unchallenged headed goal for Stevenage and the equally unchallenged headed knockdown for their winner are prime examples of this.

For all his attributes and brilliant all round play Hughes is also lax in this department, Morrison and Clare definitely are, I think Maloney has signed Goode to address these issues, especially in our own box, he has a proven pedigree and if reports are accurate a bit of a beast who like a battle, it is all well having defenders that can play football however they first be able to defend against the type of attacker we see in this division.

The issue is the transfer embargo pretty much limits our recruitment exclusively to loans, we can only play 5 of them and Goode is one of 7.

We are undeniably weaker in other areas than centre back with us having 4 now Kerr is fit plus Clare and Chambers have also been used there.

Kerr was superb for us in the past and brings the type of leadership, extra physicality and experience as Goode. We aren’t likely to play both at once but if we play Goode it forces us to drop another loanee who may otherwise have played while Kerr avoids that.

An injury free Goode may be useful in our side and if we hadn't already maxed our loans or he was free then no issue. But unfortunately that's not the position we find ourselves. It's a juggling act trying to make the most of the limitations we have on the squad.

Last edited:
Considering our strikers holding the ball has been a huge issue for us, i would've expected any new forward brought in to be a target man type. Kelman doesnt look like that type of player.

He's not a big lad, so if we do put him up front I don't think he's likely going to be out muscling bigger centre backs and stop the ball coming straight back at us like it does now.

He only started 3 games for QPR this season and 2 of them were attacking mid, So I wonder if he's been brought in to play as a no10 and replace Lang rather than be an out and out striker.

He only started 3 games for QPR this season and 2 of them were attacking mid, So I wonder if he's been brought in to play as a no10 and replace Lang rather than be an out and out striker.
I hope not as that would mean we are giving game time to another team’s 22 year old rather than our own 20 year old top prospect.
I hope this lad makes me eat my words but any minutes he gets at the expense of Chris Sze might just be lost minutes. This season will rapidly fizzle out in February once we have gained enough points to not be looking over our shoulders and therefore, game time for our own youngsters is surely a must.
Anyway, if he’s picked, he’ll be getting my full backing. I just don’t understand the logic.
Like others have said, thanks for feedback from last night. Top stuff!

We must have plenty money to subsidise QPR than use our own youngsters. If he cant get in QPRs relegation haunted side then what is he coming to us for?

Again like been already mentioned would rather see Chris sze and josh stones when he's back given more playing time hope the decent but his goal ratio every 1 in 10 games dosnt fill me with much hope cows arse and banjo are the words that come to mind but you never know