The January Transfer Thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

There is something strange about Zaha at Galatasaray. Palace offered him £200k a week and he turned it down to go to Gala on £85k a week. There must have been English clubs after him.

I'd rather us be sensible (it's possible to be both sensible and ambitious in the mid-longer term, January is always a weird one) than spend like Arsenal who have seemingly gone a touch backwards. I trust them as well. We will gradually improve our options all over the pitch.
I don’t expect any game changers to walk thru the doors. TBH I don’t even think we need that. A sensible and solid RCB would do just fine or an attacking RB as technically competent as Moreno. Both make us stronger at breaking down stubborn defenses.

A proper RCB puts Konsa back at CB and makes us much stronger at defending turnovers. Alternatively an attacking RB can help us ask more questions of stubborn defenses.

If w keep clear of any further injuries this window i see no business being done, no incomings anyway. We have extended Lenglet - does that count. Talk of Zaniolo contract being terminated on here was always silly. If they had any had been long term targets lined up that could join in Jan i'd have thought they'd already be here . I expect summer will be a bit busier.

I would love Zaha. Talented. Great at getting under defenders skins. Not intimidated by the wank 6. Kind of player you need when we are 2-0 down and need to win 3-2.
Nah, he'd be taking up Eze's spot when we sign him in the summer. In my dreams.