Premier League Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the PGMOL appeals panel | Page 28 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the PGMOL appeals panel

"Not quite sure what happened"

Nuno explained all after the game.

He identified the space created by Newcastle's press and got the defenders to pass the ball into that space; CHO, Elanga and MGW made the most of the space and Wood's did the rest.

It will not be so easy when we play a side who have an half decent six in their midfield, but I'm sure Nuno will cross that bridge when he gets to it.

One more game and Nuno then has three weeks with the squad until the next game; that should be plenty of time to get us into some kind of shape.

Looked to me like he has already found a shape that works!

if we lost 4-0 yesterday under cooper you would still say he is the man . thats what is pathetic. cuck
Cuck?

Did you really just say that? And what was it you were calling someone on the other thread? A grass was it? Really?

Come on Jock, you are a better person than this.

We aren't doing forum wars over x manager in or out. We don't need to slip into the old patterns of antogonism about managers leaving.

You are probably the number one person on here for giving managers five minutes before wanting them out, so it isn't going to fly.

You've made up this story in your head that I want Nuno to fail because I was pro Steve Cooper. That's bollocks. You probably think that because it's the kind of thing you would think.

It doesn't all have to turn into "Steve Cooper Vs Nuno". Thats pretty pathetic

You'll be calling for this one's head sooner or later
That's right, sometimes all it needs is someone looking at the problem in a different way.

You can get bogged down with a problem or problems in any sphere; getting a fresh pair of eyes to look at those issues often highlights things that were in plane sight all along.

Apart from changes in the team I did not see any radical changes in our set up in either of Nuno's two games, to Coopers set up.

The big problem Cooper faced was some of the players were clearly not playing for him; not all of them, but you only need a few not putting it in and the wheels come off.

Sorry but it will never be Steve who. SC did a sterling job of getting us into the PL but but that appears to be the limit of his experience in this league.
He did a great job at that time.

It was tongue in cheek ffs. No he will never be Steve who but yesterday was as glorious as it was painful. Nuno didn't change much but it was very effective and highlighted the fact that Cooper had perhaps lost sight of what he was trying to do and couldn't see the wood for trees.

Had we not have been cheated in the boremouth game that contrast would be even more stark. It has only been two games but on what we have seen, EM looks to be vindicated.

Football is often a painful, brutal business and it was hard to let Cooper go but we wish him well and focus back on forest. Nuno gave us a little taste of what this squad could do yesterday. More please.

Looked to me like he has already found a shape that works!
Honestly I'm delighted and I'm fully behind Nuno

Nice to feel positive again

I'm also realistic so won't be on his case as fast as others will be on here when we get bad results

But there's no denying Newcastle were horrendous yesterday. We've never seen our midfielders find so much space as yesterday

Aina and Murillo were making long runs from the back whereas they would have lost the ball in similar positions and be pilloried recently

Fans will be on their case again immediately what worked yesterday fails in the future

MGW was superb. Again he will get the abuse from fans when we don't win soon enough

I'm honestly not sure how much of Newcastle being shite was down to us

If our midfield had given the opposition the space they gave us yesterday we would all be going absolute apeshit on here

Think we gained confidence as we realised Newcastle weren't all that

Man U a much bigger test.

Should be great atmosphere from both sets of fans

So yes I'm very happy and very positive

But I'm not blind to how bad Newcastle were

If we make Man U look HALF as shite as Newcastle just looked or we just get half the space on the ball v them that we got yesterday I will be doubly delighted

The pundits at the game seemed in a state of shock after the game about what happened

And I kind of feel the same

Not complaining though

And now we should have gained some confidence and momentum ourselves

I doubt we get that much space to exploit again all season tbh

That's right, sometimes all it needs is someone looking at the problem in a different way.

You can get bogged down with a problem or problems in any sphere; getting a fresh pair of eyes to look at those issues often highlights things that were in plane sight all along.

Apart from changes in the team I did not see any radical changes in our set up in either of Nuno's two games, to Coopers set up.

The big problem Cooper faced was some of the players were clearly not playing for him; not all of them, but you only need a few not putting it in and the wheels come off.
But if there are six changes of starters, and Aina and Worrall back, that is a radical change. As was playing further forward

Ffs I should ov gone forward a pip.

The problem Cooper had was that he had run out of ideas and the players had lost faith, including those who would still have still run through brick walls for him because he was so well liked.

In some ways yesterday was reminiscent of the first game post Hughton away at Hudds. The players were clearly struggling to understand or buy into Coopers philosphy, whatever it was as I couldn't see it. Someone new comes in, fresh ideas, takes the shackles of the players who were playing with a mixture of uncertainty and fear and hey presto the world looks different.

I adored Coopet for what he did and it would be a shame to see continual, he did this, I said that now he has gone, lets be grateful for what he acheived for us.

Cuck?

Did you really just say that? And what was it you were calling someone on the other thread? A grass was it? Really?

Come on Jock, you are a better person than this.

We aren't doing forum wars over x manager in or out. We don't need to slip into the old patterns of antogonism about managers leaving.

You are probably the number one person on here for giving managers five minutes before wanting them out, so it isn't going to fly.

You've made up this story in your head that I want Nuno to fail because I was pro Steve Cooper. That's bollocks. You probably think that because it's the kind of thing you would think.
Well it was you who said that his opinion was "pretty pathetic ', despite his underlying point, I.e. that a change of manager had produced a change of attitude appearing, but n the evidence of two games, to be correct.

So perhaps if you expressed yourself in less vituperative terms, you would also be the better person.

There's a good new year resolution for you.

I'm also realistic so won't be on his case as fast as others will be on here when we get bad results

But there's no denying Newcastle were horrendous yesterday. We've never seen our midfielders find so much space as yesterday

Aina and Murillo were making long runs from the back whereas they would have lost the ball in similar positions and be pilloried recently

Fans will be on their case again immediately what worked yesterday fails in the future

MGW was superb. Again he will get the abuse from fans when we don't win soon enough

If our midfield had given the opposition the space they gave us yesterday we would all be going absolute apeshit on here

Think we gained confidence as we realised Newcastle weren't all that

If we make Man U look HALF as shite as Newcastle just looked or we just get half the space on the ball v them that we got yesterday I will be doubly delighted

The pundits at the game seemed in a state of shock after the game about what happened

Not complaining though

And now we should have gained some confidence and momentum ourselves

I doubt we get that much space to exploit again all season tbh
We are well, well overdue someone bringing their Z game to us like they seem to do with Luton every week.

I've been saying that for ages; we need a bit of fortunate with one of the big boys having a bad day

But then you need to be good enough to exploit that too

Aina and Murillo were making long runs from the back whereas they would have lost the ball in similar positions

If we had given the opposition the space they gave us yesterday we would all be going apeshit on here

If we make Man U look half as shite as Newcastle just looked or we just get half the space on the ball v them that we got yesterday I will be doubly delighted

Not complaining though

They were poor and put more effort into diving than just playing football and thought we would be an easy 3 pts.

However, sangare was doing a job and Gibbs white was on fire. It helped that we had thought about playing to woods strengths- that's why I think we had a lot to do with them looking poor.

Right now I suppose it is just belief rather than evidence but I do think we have more than enough to be a stable mid table PL

The negatives were all defensive imo but what can you do when the ref is giving penalties like that...

Well it was you who said that his opinion was "pretty pathetic ', despite his underlying point, I.e. that a change of manager had produced a change of attitude appearing, but n the evidence of two games, to be correct.

So perhaps if you expressed yourself in less vituperative terms, you would also be the better person.

There's a good new year resolution for you.

My new years resolution is to look up wtf vituperative means...

Given their imperious home form and the fact that since Howe took over only Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City have won there,(on twitter I assume it’s correct)I’d say it’s down to us.