Pierre-Emile Højbjerg - Player Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg - Player Thread

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg on if the team has not been able to perform due to issues at club: "I disagree. It's a much bigger picture. Things are happening, but it's true we don't know who our next coach is, who our next Director of Football is. All these things create unrest and show a lack of long term planning."

I dislike him the more he opens his mouth, a DOF does not make him not track his man back.

He is an evident dick. Evident in the fact that you can watch him and make that assessment

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg on if the team has not been able to perform due to issues at club: "I disagree. It's a much bigger picture. Things are happening, but it's true we don't know who our next coach is, who our next Director of Football is. All these things create unrest and show a lack of long term planning."

I dislike him the more he opens his mouth, a DOF does not make him not track his man back.

Pierre should be happy that we didn't do long term planning. It's why a stop gap like him is still in the team.

He has far too much to say. Players that are the worst culprits seem to be the worst for it.

Will be interesting to see if Bissouma is fit enough to start this weekend along side Skipp

The sub-plot was the U21 game. So Devine and Mundle weren't included in the Palace squad. However, Austin, Sarr and Moura were, but started for the U21's and didn't come off the bench for the seniors.

Bissouma did neither, which suggests they weren't fussed about him getting any action.

The other question is about whether Mason will be ruthless and re-introduce one or both of Devine and Mundle back into the Villa match day squad?

Assuming the same team as Palace, could the bench be Austin, Tanganga, Dier, Perisic, Biss, Sarr, Danjuma, Kulu, Devine/Mundle i.e. no place for Moura or Sanchez?

The sub-plot was the U21 game. So Devine and Mundle weren't included in the Palace squad. However, Austin, Sarr and Moura were, but started for the U21's and didn't come off the bench for the seniors.

Bissouma did neither, which suggests they weren't fussed about him getting any action.

The other question is about whether Mason will be ruthless and re-introduce one or both of Devine and Mundle back into the Villa match day squad?

Assuming the same team as Palace, could the bench be Austin, Tanganga, Dier, Perisic, Biss, Sarr, Danjuma, Kulu, Devine/Mundle i.e. no place for Moura or Sanchez?
I think the inclusion of Moura and Sarr in the U21 game was all about trying to win the game by sufficient margin to avoid relegation, sadly it didn't come off.

I think the inclusion of Moura and Sarr in the U21 game was all about trying to win the game by sufficient margin to avoid relegation, sadly it didn't come off.

It definitely was, but where are the lines drawn? As an example, if Sarr had a 20 min cameo against Palace would we have allowed Biss to get some match sharpness? Did that influence Mason who only made 3 subs in his game?

I've always been a fan of a couple of first teamers getting some match fitness with the 21's. It rarely happens though.

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg asked if Tottenham Hotspur currently has safety nets:
1f4c9.svg
"I think you know the answer to that. We've had 3 coaches last 3 months. Clearly, we've lost some balance.
1f50e.svg
“Not saying we've not got the club's support, but you need the right culture at the club, DNA, identity.”
1f9f1.svg
”This is built over time, through good and bad experiences. You get to know each other as a team and as a club. The best teams in the world build this over time."

I'm struggling with Hojbjerg. We've almost gone through 3 phases.

The first phase was pre-Ange where Hoj was top dog. He got complacent and everyone noticed his fall off in effort levels. That was, after all, what helped him to be at a level above his natural ability. There were even implications that Hoj thought he should be in a CL side and he was linked away all summer.

Ange came along and seemed to put him back in his box. He was tried as Biss's deputy "holder" in pre-season and did OK. He also made some key second half sub appearances and added some value. He seemed to have got his head down in the new setup.

The phase we're in now is not good. 2 weeks running we've seen him very culpable for not tracking midfield runners, shirking responsibilities. In fact, he was put back on the bench on Sunday but still played over an hour.

The harsh reality is that Pierre is not good enough for where we're going in any tactical system. That is even more deeply exposed in Ange-ball. It's clear that the player wants a new challenge and the club seem happy for that to happen. The clip Matic shared exposes that weakness in his game. Someone like Bents would have been to that ball quicker and immediately passed it using one-touch. Goal.

I just hope Ange and the club aren't weak in Jan and hold onto him until the summer because of things like ACON and injuries. My take on it is if there is money on the table, take it.

The really frustrating thing with him is he is almost good enough to be proficient in multiple positions. Some of his defending in his time with us has been excellent. Some of his match control in his time with us has been excellent. Some of his attacking plays last season were also excellent. The key word though is 'some.' Not consistent enough and not regular enough and his too quick to throw others under the bus during matches.

What is clear to me now is Ange see's Bentancur as a number 6 primarly. Both Bents and Biss can play that position and number 8. Sarr and Lo Celso are seen as number 8's, but Lo Celso can also be the number 10. I can now see why Ange was especially keen on Connor Gallagher. Hojbjerg and Skipp fall through the cracks for me.

I'm struggling with Hojbjerg. We've almost gone through 3 phases.

The first phase was pre-Ange where Hoj was top dog. He got complacent and everyone noticed his fall off in effort levels. That was, after all, what helped him to be at a level above his natural ability. There were even implications that Hoj thought he should be in a CL side and he was linked away all summer.

Ange came along and seemed to put him back in his box. He was tried as Biss's deputy "holder" in pre-season and did OK. He also made some key second half sub appearances and added some value. He seemed to have got his head down in the new setup.

The phase we're in now is not good. 2 weeks running we've seen him very culpable for not tracking midfield runners, shirking responsibilities. In fact, he was put back on the bench on Sunday but still played over an hour.

The harsh reality is that Pierre is not good enough for where we're going in any tactical system. That is even more deeply exposed in Ange-ball. It's clear that the player wants a new challenge and the club seem happy for that to happen. The clip Matic shared exposes that weakness in his game. Someone like Bents would have been to that ball quicker and immediately passed it using one-touch. Goal.

I just hope Ange and the club aren't weak in Jan and hold onto him until the summer because of things like ACON and injuries. My take on it is if there is money on the table, take it.

He wants out in Jan and his no.1 priority now is not to get injured.

That is always the number one reason I wouldn't play someone - whether they are the last choice or not. I'd sooner play a player out of position than entertain one who is protecting himself.

Ange should have a long look at Matthew Craig. He got on the pitch at the end of last season. George Abbott also made squads last season. You have Matt who is 20/21 and wears the armband for the U21's. He probably has close to 100 touches and is the heartbeat of the side. He really moves that ball about quickly and also has full-back as a string to his bow. George is the younger guy. He's raw, but highly rated.

As we've already discussed, we should only pick Ange ball players who want to be at the club regardless of age and reputation.

He wants out in Jan and his no.1 priority now is not to get injured.

So we are relying on a want away player who is going to play safe just so he isn't injured.....yeah....I wouldn't let him touch the pitch. Bring up some youngsters instead...you know guys that actually want to fight to wear our colors.

**And he isn't good enough in AP's system anyway....so playing him is a lose/lose in my opinion.