Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Lincoln City | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Lincoln City

Adelakun is playing in his preferred position you would say but blimey he’s been awful ( not on his own I would add)

Vale is another example of the gulf between promising Championship U21 players and the physicality necessary just one division below.

He has pressured well but doesn't have the body strength to take advantage of it, or to win balls played up to him.

We can't keep waiting for the next window. Play the hand your dealt. Play it better

Still very difficult when your outlet ball is Adelakun and Vale. I get why we've played as a 5 at the back as that's what we are doing as neither can hold onto the ball

Vale is another example of the gulf between promising Championship U21 players and the physicality necessary just one division below.

He has pressured well but doesn't have the body strength to take advantage of it, or to win balls played up to him.
He is at least trying and the balls up to him have been shite but there’s 1 or 2 who are just strolling through the game doing feck all

HT. Has Skubala taken the evening off and left Tom Shaw in charge? We are playing exactly the way we did before Skoobs came in. Far too passive and nowhere near enough brave and composed enough on the ball. Our passing is once again awful - how many times have we misplaced a pass? Hopefully Skoobs will get into them and bring something extra out of them second half - either that or they will actually try and do something brave, composed and creative. We’re not playing Stevenage - I thought this game was supposed to be more to our style?

Some of these players didn't perform for MK and - after the first three games - didn't perform for Tom Shaw either.

MS has to make them better, that is what he was brought in for, but whether they have the character to become better is a different question of course.

I don't want to be too negative but watching on I follow that was a really poor first half from both teams. I really don't rate Smith at all.

Agree. He can't hold it up and he can't lay it off because we are playing 9 at the back.

We definitely won't be scoring many with 8 or 9 behind the ball at almost every turn. Christ, we can barely even take a throw in forwards! Kennedy has sucked the attacking life out of us.

Clearly we still have residual issues from Kennedy’s tenure, but I don’t think we can blame him for not getting players forward now?

He is at least trying and the balls up to him have been shite but there’s 1 or 2 who are just strolling through the game doing feck all

Agreed. Can't fault him for effort. There is a big gulf though between Vale coming from a U21 in a higher division and House coming from very physical non-league.

half hearted press. half hearted in attack. half hearted in pretty much everything we do. can’t see what the aim is when we have the ball. feels like a team hoping for a 0-0 but half expecting to lose. it is like watching a cup game against a team in a higher division. and orient look very average for l1. very very difficult watch

We have got absolutely no idea to mount an attack. We play with a winger, why? We don't get the ball out to him and even if we did what's the point of crossing it because as usual we have nothing up front in the box.

Smith, as Norfolk rightly points out is out of his depth in this league and so is Adelakun.

Surely this isn't the norm, nothings changed or looks like changing.

We need to change the formation and go 2 up front or it's just going to be coming back at you non stop.

At this rate we can only finish with a nil, we've got to have more ambition than that.