Premier League Match Thread: Arsenal Vs Nottingham Forest, Sponsored by... Erm... Absolutely no one, again. | Page 19 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Arsenal Vs Nottingham Forest, Sponsored by... Erm... Absolutely no one, again.

No one is going to be thinking that Malta, and you are right on what we need.

But this was one of our hardest away games of the season, with a second choice defence. We are 4 goals better off than the same game last season and scored at the Emirates.

All last season I was envious of those teams that lost these away games but were making the top teams timewaste and game manage to close the games out. We managed that.

Yes, Arsenal were cruising at times, but that is always going to be the case. The premier league has about three divisions in it and we are in the lowest one of those. They are effectively a couple of divisions above us in quality. The whole idea is kill the majority of the game and play them for 20-30 minutes rather than 90-100
Pope I want us to be this season Newcastle...it didn't take Newcastle more than six months to change from relegation fodder to a top six team..our torture season was last year, we had a summer to address our issues...its all about knowing how and from where to sign unpolished gems...its starting to look that from that aspect we are failing...hope I am proved wrong in the next three weeks... we wasted a summer chasing a keeper that from Turner's performance today, shows that we don't really need...
Looking forward for our next game...

Pope I want us to be this season Newcastle...it didn't take Newcastle more than six months to change from relegation fodder to a top six team..our torture season was last year, we had a summer to address our issues...its all about knowing how and from where to sign unpolished gems...its starting to look that from that aspect we are failing...hope I am proved wrong in the next three weeks... we wasted a summer chasing a keeper that from Turner's performance today, shows that we don't really need...
Newcastle spent a bit of money mate

Have you been sniffing gas?

Have you been sniffing gas?
No mate...I support Nottingham Forest..we are in the Premiership now...ask Brighton how much did they spend on the players that they are now selling for hundred of millions... if Taiwo has a couple of good games before the end of the window...Will not be surprised if a crazy offer comes about...

I don’t get any of this. “Wasted all summer chasing a goalkeeper . . .” Like there’s a cast iron rule that you can only chase one target at a time 🙄
Unpolished gems? Yet last season you were bemoaning the fact that we didn’t hit the ground running. Unpolished gems take time to become polished. I’d never seen elanga before, but can’t wait to see him again especially alongside Awoniyi-can he shift? We are starting to see the benefits of the cooper effect on Danilo, Awoniyi and MGW. Safety by Feb anyone? I’m quite envious of those with a season card this year 🤭

What stopped us from doing the same? This summer we were no better then Newcastle 12 months ago...or so...
They have a lot more of it than we do?

And they started spending it about 6 months before you seem to think they did. All their best players like Tripper and the Brazillian I can't spell were already there

They have a lot more of it than we do?

And they started spending it about 6 months before you seem to think they did. All their best players like Tripper and the Brazillian I can't spell were already there
Just two players...don't forget that when they started soending...one if their first signing was....Chris Woods...so it's not as if they started by signing Henry...how many if the signing they signed in that January are/ were regulars when they finished last season? Similar scenario to ours...half the dross we signed last summer is surplus to requirements already...we knew what we needed this summer ...nd we didn't sign no one....yet...

Our lack of depth up front is criminal.
An injury to Awoniyi during the season and it seems like we kiss goodbye to every point that we play for until he's back.
Wood was very poor when he came on. If we don't trust him to start and instead waste BJ with the central striker role, why is he even here?
We absolutely MUST sign a striker as our no.1 priority.
I know people are concerned about the midfield, but we've proven on a good few occasions that Yates, Mangala and Danilo can work. Just not when we're playing with no striker.

Just two players...don't forget that when they started soending...one if their first signing was....Chris Woods...so it's not as if they started by signing Henry...how many if the signing they signed in that January are/ were regulars when they finished last season? Similar scenario to ours...half the dross we signed last summer is surplus to requirements already...we knew what we needed this summer ...nd we didn't sign no one....yet...
Mate, they spent over €100m that January.

Blue ones are all January signings

Screenshot_20230812_171850_Samsung Internet.jpg
All of those players were staples in 22/23 except for Wood

They spent €185m last season and have spent €153m so far this season

That's €400m - nearly £350m - in four windows, and this one isn't even done yet.

I'd give this horse a rest mate, it doesn't ride

Our lack of depth up front is criminal.
An injury to Awoniyi during the season and it seems like we kiss goodbye to every point that we play for until he's back.
Wood was very poor when he came on. If we don't trust him to start and instead waste BJ with the central striker role, why is he even here?
We absolutely MUST sign a striker as our no.1 priority.
I know people are concerned about the midfield, but we've proven on a good few occasions that Yates, Mangala and Danilo can work. Just not when we're playing with no striker.
You wonder whether it's time to have a conversation about Antonio as backup holding striker?

Good and encouraging performance in the end. We conceded 2 goals which were well taken and hard to defend against. However, we did not buckle and continued to stick to the game plan of keeping it tight and waiting for a chance.

Elanga and Awoni sprung a classic Forest style goal and Big spending Arse inc.were visibly rocked in the end.

we won the game against last years runners up at there ground by xG (which will translate into actual away wins this year.)

MGW and Johnno were not really on form today but will have much better days to come. The three new signings all look to be quality. And we have three high quality players to come back to the starting line up to come.

comparisons to the start of last season when we tried to be more progressive too early and ended up getting ducked are stark and easy to see.

feeling much better after todays game.

You bloody REDS!!!

You have me at a disadvantage having not been able to see the game.

Not sure what an "interesting" performance would have looked like given what we had available.

What I can see:

We only lost by one goal

We scored a good goal

We missed a couple of good chances, which means we created some decent chances

Arsenal brought on defenders and were timewasting at the end

We brought on attackers by the end

We didn't have our strongest side out there, Arsenal almost did.

A huge difference to last year, with a first team that cost less than Kai Havertz alone

One of the hardest away games of the season gone, we didn't get dicked, we didn't disgrace ourselves and we gave them problems

They needed to absolutely brilliant pieces of quality to beat us.

Our top striker got his first goal of the season
Need to get yourself a fire stick mate.