Live concerts/gigs | Page 12 | Vital Football

Live concerts/gigs

Saw Hawkwind live at Hawkfest 2021 in Devon, Hawkfest 2022 in Morecambe and at Northern Kin at the end of this April. All fantastic sets.

And some of my photos from Hawkfest 2021 have been used on their live album "We are looking in on you" - with photo credits too!!
Never seen Hawkwind live, Barney, but I've got their Space Ritual album, not the original release, sadly. Rates as of my favourite rock albums of all time.

Never seen Hawkwind live, Barney, but I've got their Space Ritual album, not the original release, sadly. Rates as of my favourite rock albums of all time.
They have a couple of gigs planned so far this year - and are on very good form. Given that Dave Brock is now 81, there is likely to be a time that they stop touring, so I'd recommend that you get to see them pronto!

You could also have a look on Flickr on our account as MyChoonz, there are lots of our pics from recent years on there. And, of course, there will be lots of videos of recent live gigs on YouTube, although the sound quality can be a bit poor.

Went to see Sir Francis Rossi, of Status Quo fame, at Newark Palace Theatre a couple of weeks ago. He played accoustic versions of a fair number of Quo hits. Sounded really good. Particularly enjoyed Pictures of Matchstick Men, Caroline and Paper Plane. As part of the evening, those in attendance could write a question for Francis to answer in the 2nd half of the performance. My question was to ask if I could have a refund, under the Trade Description Act, for the T Shirt I bought at Quos supposed final gig, which was at the Milton Keynes Bowl in 1984. Clearly, it was not Quos final concert!! For some reason, my question didn't get read out!

My first gig was as a 5yo watching The Wombles in the Arboretum, still unsure if Mike Batt was in one of the costumes though?

Notable others, Tears For Fears, The Smiths, Stone Roses, Oasis, The Cult, New Order, OMD, The Stranglers, The Courteeners and my very favourite ELO who I’ve seen numerous times.

My first gig was as a 5yo watching The Wombles in the Arboretum, still unsure if Mike Batt was in one of the costumes though?

Notable others, Tears For Fears, The Smiths, Stone Roses, Oasis, The Cult, New Order, OMD, The Stranglers, The Courteeners and my very favourite ELO who I’ve seen numerous times.
Back in the early 80s, I think it was, there was an annual rock concert in the Arbo. They were good fun, from what recall. Mostly local bands. They were pretty well attended. Anyone else remember them?

Back in the early 80s, I think it was, there was an annual rock concert in the Arbo. They were good fun, from what recall. Mostly local bands. They were pretty well attended. Anyone else remember them?

Oh yes, I think my mates absolutely terrible band played there...

Saw Paul Weller and Blur on Sunday at Wembley.

A really good night. PW kept away from most of the Jam/ Style Council favs but has a presence and musical ability that you have to appreciate. Worth seeing if he’s ever doing a gig near you.
Blur were off the scale, extraordinary in fact. Albarn fused energy and emotion, their craft and togetherness was stunning yet low keyed. So many Brit pop numbers to sing along to, and bye how the crowd reacted to the likes of There’s no other way, Country House, Tender etc but their new stuff is also well crafted . Phil Daniels emerged from a road workers tent for Parklife. They appeared to be slightly humbled by the reception, the performance was unforgettable and it was kind of special to be there. If you like a live band and and atmosphere, go see Blur if you get the chance.

Saw Hollywood Vampires and The Tubes on Saturday.
Was expecting the Depp thing to be a bit of a gimmick. To be fair they were pretty good, and old Alice Cooper can still perform. I hope I can at 70+😂

Saw Hollywood Vampires and The Tubes on Saturday.
Was expecting the Depp thing to be a bit of a gimmick. To be fair they were pretty good, and old Alice Cooper can still perform. I hope I can at 70+😂
Wish you'd posted earlier as what that band was called was a pub quiz question at my local on Monday and I had no idea!