Newcastle United v Arsenal | Page 2 | Vital Football

Newcastle United v Arsenal

Our defence has been shocking so far ball through the middle working every time

Isak being wasted on the left. Murphy's final ball has been dire. I think if we are going to play Wilson and isak together we have to play 2 centre forwards. 433 doesn't suit them also Wilson hasn't got a fast press

Thought we played well first half against a very good Arsenal team, we have shown they can be got at though.

Proud of our players, they are showing more heart and belief than our supporters and fans for once.

You could hear their fans singing "your support is fucking shit"

Shame.

Pope has kept us in this. If ever we need a second half reaction its now.

On a separate note would you ever tire kicking Xhaka's heed in. Never seen a player who can dish it out as much and is a complete fairy when it comes to taking it. Wilson would chew him up and spit him out

We are up against a very good side

Bruno been lax a couple of times and had the ball nicked from him leaving us exposed

I feel Isak is wasted on this congested left hand side and reckon he would fair better centrally but might mean ditching Wilson for Gordon or Maxi

Still very much in the game though

That's proof !
Look at the video footage, the ball hit his leg then up onto his arm.

No penalty.

So you can handle a ball so long as it comes of another party of your body, I didn't know that rule.........
If it hits another part of your anatomy first then it can't be considered deliberate. Not saying I agree with it but that's the rule. I'd be more concerned about the chances we've squandered Murphy should have buried that chance in the first minute