Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion

maybe should of started Makama instead of Plange, cause Plange is next to useless. Well actually he is as far down the line from useless (going downwards), that even Boris Johnson would be ahead of him in the pecking order, and we know how he plays football!

maybe should of started Makama instead of Plange, cause Plange is next to useless. Well actually he is as far down the line from useless (going downwards), that even Boris Johnson would be ahead of him in the pecking order, and we know how he plays football!

did he play for burton in the second half tonight?

Now that was rather uninspired performance.
Hundreds of frustrating and absolutely pointless long balls was all what we had to offer. On top of that they simply wanted it more so this outcome isn't very surprising.

One of the main things that MK needs to work on is how to play against big,strong ,well organised teams who are happy with a draw.
Surely not like he did tonight..

On the positive note it was nothing game and after so many good performances we can't be too down about it.

Back to that frustrating long ball tactic again.Against a team of giants.It doesn't work.In fact it hasn't worked against any team this Season.We have shown a lot of promise recently. We clearly set up to play the hopeful punt to Sorreson for the entirety of the match .At what point should the Management have realised that a ..it wasn't working and b.. it's no fun to watch.Im very disappointed

We started quite brightly and neatly, but got suckered into playing Burton's game and had nil-nil all over it before conceding a scruffy, horrible goal from a corner. A naive performance, but with a young squad one which hopefully they'll learn from.

On to Morecambe, hope Mandriou can start as he was MoM for me tonight, despite playing only half the match.

Banging long diagonals from the keeper to a 5' 9" Sorensen will get you nowhere. I can't understand why we played like that after recent performances.

Didn't really achieve any fluidity or consistancy to the performance for the whole of the 90 minutes.

Only really upped the anti when Mandroiu came on and he was the only one who looked like igniting anything positive in what was a very bland performance.

Thought Sanders did ok while he was on, Sorensen maintained his recent form although not as effective, Shodipo first half was OK and I thought Erhahon was his controlled self but in reality as a team we were nowhere near the levels we have been recently.

On to Morcombe in what is a big game for them. It's away so that will allow us to play our more counter attacking game which suits us better but we still have work to do especially centrally up front but we'll see how we go on Saturday and I would certainly like to see Makama brought on off the bench instead of Plange. I mean how many opportunities does Kennedy give Plange to get a zero return.

Tactically we were way off tonight. Firstly playing Duffy mainly on the right where he looked very lost, and then constantly playing long balls again out of defence either trying to find House (who, irrespective of being highly rated, is definitely not a target man) or aiming at a very short lightweight right wing back. The latter is just plain strange. It didn't work for MA and it doesn't work for MK, even when Poole is out there.

Mandroiu was excellent after he came on, and deserved to turn the game for us. Sanders I thought had his best game for a long while.

Plange I just do not understand. MK must think he does a job when he plays, but I can't for the life of me work out what that job is. We are wasting an ideal opportunity to see what Makama can do - otherwise we will start next season with no real idea if he is ready for the main squad.

Why oh why are we playing a loan player ahead of improving one of our own younger players??

We started quite brightly and neatly, but got suckered into playing Burton's game and had nil-nil all over it before conceding a scruffy, horrible goal from a corner. A naive performance, but with a young squad one which hopefully they'll learn from.

On to Morecambe, hope Mandriou can start as he was MoM for me tonight, despite playing only half the match.
I don't think we were suckered into playing any differently than we had clearly been set up to play .Hit it long into the same area of the pitch and expect a return against a very big and physical team.Useless tactics .When we kept the ball on the deck we looked ok.

Banging long diagonals from the keeper to a 5' 9" Sorensen will get you nowhere. I can't understand why we played like that after recent performances.

Didn't really achieve any fluidity or consistancy to the performance for the whole of the 90 minutes.

Only really upped the anti when Mandroiu came on and he was the only one who looked like igniting anything positive in what was a very bland performance.

Thought Sanders did ok while he was on, Sorensen maintained his recent form although not as effective, Shodipo first half was OK and I thought Erhahon was his controlled self but in reality as a team we were nowhere near the levels we have been recently.

On to Morcombe in what is a big game for them. It's away so that will allow us to play our more counter attacking game which suits us better but we still have work to do especially centrally up front but we'll see how we go on Saturday and I would certainly like to see Makama brought on off the bench instead of Plange. I mean how many opportunities does Kennedy give Plange to get a zero return.
I would give chance to Makama too. Especially with his size and the way we ,,played" tonight...

As for Plange this time I won't say anything. He was simply just one of the many poor players on the pitch. Didn't do anything as usual but not many Lincoln players did. House for example was as bad if not worse tonight.

I don't think we were suckered into playing any differently than we had clearly been set up to play .Hit it long into the same area of the pitch and expect a return against a very big and physical team.Useless tactics .When we kept the ball on the deck we looked ok.
We started playing with some neat passing and looked sharp, but as Burton worked harder to close down the space, we started going long, which was what Burton wanted. Ergo, suckered.

Mandroiu posed a fresh set of challenges and it was astute of MK to bring him on early, but as a team we needed the courage of our convictions.

Not read the thread yet but for me, I thought we had the better chances and looked more likely to score, until they did, then it became an uphill battle. Little at stake so no damage done.
On to Morecambe and a chance to change some things maybe, prepping for next season.

Damp Squib tonight. Morecambe will bring out the best or the worst in us as it is do or die for them and there will be a good crowd in. I expect a rebound in effort from us at the very least after tonight.

Back at home via taking the dog for a walk. Not much to say about tonight really. After a decent enough first 15 minutes we seemed to be quite lacklustre after that almost as if the amount of games we've played this month had caught up with the team. I think that I was similar to the rest of the home crowd who simply shrugged at the final whistle with an almost 'whatever' view of the result. A game where we draw no conclusions from nor learn anything either.
I don't think that any of our players played anywhere close to what they have shown recently and that can happen when there is very little to actually play for in terms of promotions or relegations and it is a game to quickly consign to the dark recesses of memory.
I sense another shrug coming on