Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 178 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Amazing, isn't it?

£2.263bn a year to house people who risked their lives to get to Britain to work, so that they can't work.

Just give them working visas and let them get on with it.

Spend the £2.263bn on social housing. Get a fixed asset.

What are the odds that these hotels are owned by Matt Hancock's mates?

Don't forget the £200 million spent so far on sending precisely no one to Rwanda.

There are AT LEAST 650k empty homes in the UK currently, with the figure closer to 1 million.

That would comfortably house our "own" people and those seeking asylum were the government minded to do anything about it.

https://www.actiononemptyhomes.org/...r-action-on-one-million-homes-nobody-lives-in
327,000 of those properties are second homes, not empty properties. The council tax statement is now incorrect. Here in Cornwall second home owners now pay double council tax. You can't just take peoples homes, second or otherwise in a free market economy. Most of the others are owned by someone, they do pay increased council tax after a period of time. In the UK there is no limit on the number of properties you can own if you have the funds. Immoral, maybe, illegal, no.

There's plenty of space in and around city centres that are ripe for development. There's good arguments to encroach on the green belt within reason. The way is there, but the will isn't.

327,000 of those properties are second homes, not empty properties. The council tax statement is now incorrect. Here in Cornwall second home owners now pay double council tax. You can't just take peoples homes, second or otherwise in a free market economy. Most of the others are owned by someone, they do pay increased council tax after a period of time. In the UK there is no limit on the number of properties you can own if you have the funds. Immoral, maybe, illegal, no.
Sorry, just looking for the part where I said it was illegal, but can’t seem to find it.

There's plenty of space in and around city centres that are ripe for development. There's good arguments to encroach on the green belt within reason. The way is there, but the will isn't.

At least in Ireland its just blatant corruption, most of the political class are also landlords so the current environment suits them. The Planning Dept. regulations have not been eased either so you see massive developments get rejected fairly regularly (residential and commercial I'll add).

There should be some sort of rule about AirBnbs in cities that is tied to rents. If X amount of units are on the market and Y amount are above whatever % of the local median income you cannot list your property on Airbnb. Or just do what NYC did and make them long-term rentals on Airbnb only but TBH in markets like Dublin, NYC, Paris, London etc. it just shouldnt be allowed to happen really.

The ones who are already here should be put to work (whilst being processed) and the hotel costs should be deducted from their wages. If they don't agree send them back or to Rwanda.

Wow . What a coincidence.
I happen to be only just starting to read The Tattooist of Auschwitz on my hols and that pretty much describes how those first Jews arriving in 1942 were treated.

Put to work.... sounds totally and utterly wrong.

I have seen some on the news saying they would love to be able to volunteer and do something positive, whilst being processed --- and processed is a fucking awful term as well.

I am quite, quite, sure, so many of them don't want a free ride, they would love to contribute. Not easy though, judging by the numbers being talked about, but I am sure there are plenty of local (to where they are being housed) charities would love some help.

I think the press have whipped people up into a frenzy. I also think the incompetent government have been able to manufacture a massive issue to divide 'us' all even more, look at the evil (sic) foreigners coming here.... instead of looking at the evil Government taking us all for a ride and ruining this country.

The trauma some of these people are going through, thanks to the useless systems (here and in Europe) being unable to stop the gangs trading on human beings (fellow human beings) is quite startling.

Only thing I would say on the flipside is anyone here out to make trouble, or causing major problems, should be able to be 'processed' far quicker, or put in more suitable accommodation where they can't cause terror for local districts. With that said, i'd do that with any fuckers ruining peoples lives with anti social actions, no matter if native or from abroad.

I do think some of you are obsessed by this problem, it seems a convenient one to point hatred towards, as opposed to seeing a societal problem of being way too lenient on all sorts of scumbags, both the elite and the 'underclass'.

I do so hate the stupidity of mankind who from the get-go has looked for division and to rule, rather than looking what we all need - food, shelter, warmth, clothes.

I think the press have whipped people up into a frenzy. I also think the incompetent government have been able to manufacture a massive issue to divide 'us' all even more, look at the evil (sic) foreigners coming here.... instead of looking at the evil Government taking us all for a ride and ruining this country.

The trauma some of these people are going through, thanks to the useless systems (here and in Europe) being unable to stop the gangs trading on human beings (fellow human beings) is quite startling.

Only thing I would say on the flipside is anyone here out to make trouble, or causing major problems, should be able to be 'processed' far quicker, or put in more suitable accommodation where they can't cause terror for local districts. With that said, i'd do that with any fuckers ruining peoples lives with anti social actions, no matter if native or from abroad.

I do think some of you are obsessed by this problem, it seems a convenient one to point hatred towards, as opposed to seeing a societal problem of being way too lenient on all sorts of scumbags, both the elite and the 'underclass'.

I do so hate the stupidity of mankind who from the get-go has looked for division and to rule, rather than looking what we all need - food, shelter, warmth, clothes.

Its the 3rd paragraph of your post that is telling isn't it. Everyone is on the same song sheet there. But the picture that too many want to paint is that these desperate, desperate people are all of that ilk.

It is on our government to sort this out and boy have they drastically failed. Their role and their responsibility. Right back to the bollox that scruffy buffoon peddled about how brexit would 'take back our borders '. Dear oh dear.

Its the 3rd paragraph of your post that is telling isn't it. Everyone is on the same song sheet there. But the picture that too many want to paint is that these desperate, desperate people are all of that ilk.

It is on our government to sort this out and boy have they drastically failed. Their role and their responsibility. Right back to the bollox that scruffy buffoon peddled about how brexit would 'take back our borders '. Dear oh dear.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Division well and truly created, so no one looks at the chaos the ruling elite have caused. Just blame Jonny Foreigner (not just UK problem) or the religion you don't follow - add a bit of bile - ala Farage and Europe and all will work. Meanwhile, those causing the division get away with murder.

The country has gone to the dogs, and 50 000 or so bloody (sic) foreigners (read, human beings) are most certainly not the root cause of the problems.

Put to work.... sounds totally and utterly wrong.

I have seen some on the news saying they would love to be able to volunteer and do something positive, whilst being processed --- and processed is a fucking awful term as well.

I am quite, quite, sure, so many of them don't want a free ride, they would love to contribute. Not easy though, judging by the numbers being talked about, but I am sure there are plenty of local (to where they are being housed) charities would love some help.

Yup, put to work is a horrible phrase and I trust Sil didn't mean it with those ramifications given his other posts on the subject, and I've used processed myself but allowed to work and encouraged to volunteer I'm 100% on board with. Not only the integration element, confidence building, a bit of financial offset, and even building up a reference or two.

It would take a deeper psych analysis than this - but I could also well imagine (given individual historical circs) the geeks could learn a lot from those willing to work/volunteer and those who wouldn't.

I always go back to that trained Dr from somewhere when Covid hit, he'd been given asylum/visa but was yet to complete his NHS course as we didn't accept his countries qualifications (or something like that), so he took a job as a cleaner in his local hospital to play his part, make contacts, make friends and pay his way.

We cannot judge the 99% by the 1%.

I have nothing to add to your follow up - I'm with 100%, it's why I lose my marbles with press coverage on topics like this.

What I meant by the work part which probably could have been worded better was, those who come here who are of working age and fit and able to work should be encouraged to work as opposed to refusing to or not actively looking to work and going onto benefits and not working. There appears to be loads of work / vacancies available at present. If there isn't work in the private sector surely there could be some public sector work that could be done .