Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 177 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

And I am very much a person who thinks in "black and white", which has caused me difficulties in life admittedly.

There must be a better way to handle this situation. The current system is allowing bad actors into the country and even if it is a small minority it is too much. The system is being abused and want to stop that.

Think one of the first things I would do is inteview these people with AI to detect lies. We humans are incredibly transparent really.

I'd never describe myself as black and white, but I know on some issues I'm very much that way (and before anyone else says it, yes I know I have the stubborn streak). But I'm more for the grey area and the what ifs and understanding (but grounded what ifs) which probably explains my love of the law and interpretation and argument and my more liberal leanings even though any political party in this country half wins me over with a promise to reintroduce the death penalty (I have my own conditions however!).

That's the thing, the current system doesn't - that's the fear, that's the hype and that's the press and the Gov playing to fears. No system is perfect, our system isn't necessarily broke, it's just not funded, thought out, used to its best and so on.

There is no point in demanding perfection when it comes to humans. A lot of the asylum 'turns mentalist' stories that rile people up have psychological reasons clearly behind them, they didn't come in as a bad apple. The delays and the bollocks made them snap because of previous life. You cannot ever remove that variable - but you could maybe change it with a competent Government who stopped using soundbytes and a lack of action to give them a better chance of properly adjusting - IF entitled to stay.

Even then, a system would never be perfect - there's no such thing, and we rarely get so upset (particularly media and Gov) on home grown idiots.

That's my main bug bear on this topic - we get so wrapped up in a total minority of an already minority (that the rest of Europe just deals with) but we are under attack and a baseless fear takes over.

AI or lie detector...no, totally not with you there mate.

The Beeb have also highlighted this morning the serious problem aside from the criminality.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64991234

166'000 cases to be processed.
51'000 people in hotels.
6m GBP per day.
And the Asylum Seekers say
"Some people volunteer and do some charity work, but there is nothing to do here. Nothing. We stay the whole day at the room doing nothing."

This was nuts to me.

Again I stay outta the political blame game as they all share it just by being able to do more to solve the problem(s). Would like a better process with more efficient screening to weed those who are driven more by economic reasons, terrorists, and criminals then get these people who are genuine Refugees who want to do something something to do.
I welcome any politician who could provide me a blueprint for this issue and I haven't seen one.

What is clear to me is since 2010 the numbers to me look "normal" rising with the trouble in the world but in 2019 they grew at such a rate as to warrant closer investigation.

Much like my last answer, the only thing I'll add here is based on the last figures I saw numbers did not actually spike. Numbers just got focused on boat crossings and not other means of entry.

Clarity is the £6m claim is basically the private hotels where we've already discussed on here it should be at cost (not commercial) prices because it's a guaranteed income and why we should be building centres that also provide language help and so on as it would be instantly cheaper within even 6 months.

But again, we are back to the politics there lol Which is actually the problem.

IMO its by design, Governments want to create conditions just bad enough that they might advise others to not come to the UK or Ireland or whatever. Get them to advise family or friends that they should go to Germany or Scandinavia instead.

Ireland has a thing called direct provision. We have sub-contracted the management of refugees to the free market. They are allowed to extract a profit on suffering. The refugees are put up in hotels, they are not allowed jobs, all their food is provided, they cannot cook themselves any meals and they're given a pittance. Like 30 euro per week or something.

The Irish Government monitors public perception of this and who is speaking out against it. Particularly Irish celebs and prominent social justice people. They know what they're doing isnt right.

This will come to haunt us IMO.

I'm going to employ you for future posts - I think everyone else might appreciate it more lol

Much like my last answer, the only thing I'll add here is based on the last figures I saw numbers did not actually spike. Numbers just got focused on boat crossings and not other means of entry.

The numbers spiking was from the beeb article and referenced the hotel admissions for Asylum seekers, that's where I would start looking for problems to solve. Outside the backlog. Been trying hard to avoid the word "boat". :grinning:

Interesting no AI or lie detector tests for you, a straight no. I personally don't think it infringes on their human rights. Does psychometric testing sit better with you? In my experience they are pretty accurate.

Though in truth it's time I focused on my own immigration issues as they are more important to me. Should I have to return to the UK because I cannot find a job here then I might become more passionate about finding solutions.

The numbers spiking was from the beeb article and referenced the hotel admissions for Asylum seekers, that's where I would start looking for problems to solve. Outside the backlog. Been trying hard to avoid the word "boat". :grinning:

Interesting no AI or lie detector tests for you, a straight no. I personally don't think it infringes on their human rights. Does psychometric testing sit better with you? In my experience they are pretty accurate.

Though in truth it's time I focused on my own immigration issues as they are more important to me. Should I have to return to the UK because I cannot find a job here then I might become more passionate about finding solutions.

We might be minorly at crossed purposes here on 'numbers spiking per se'.

Again I could be wrong, but as it sits in my head actual entrants haven't increased. Channel crossings have but other routes of entry obviously reduced over Covid and haven't yet actually returned to pre-Covid figures, so whilst there has been a 'spike' in boats, overall entrants/applications have roughly remained stable (give or take the normal quarterly fluctuations).

But there has also been a spike in the backlog of applications, and a lot of the reports I read conflate the two basically implying more are coming than ever before which isn't strictly true - and then I know you want to avoid the politics - but when you get the likes of Patel and Braverman using the language they do which justifies inaccurate and based reports, it again leads to completely unwarranted anger and fear.

But from a press narrative completely absolves them from doing their bloody jobs and properly funding and solving the system - which ironically would be more cost effective in the long term given I more than accept everyone is pissed at the cost point of view.

Lie detectors, too many flaws from a psychological point of view when you build in differences in language meanings, translations, even English as a second language and not totally fluent. Other issues I won't list as I'm tired, but it's a no from me.

And AI way too many known flaws as well....I'd be more open to this maybe in another 5/10 years when those flaws have been improved, but not right now.

Nowt to do with human rights though, purely on a known accuracy and reliability front. Whatever interview procedure we currently use and the testing that goes on, it works perfectly well in the vast majority of cases, so I see little reason to change it - we just need to get the system working faster to let those in who deserve it and then sod those that don't and are chancing it off.

As you for you personally, and probably not for an open thread anyway - but I'm assuming you are give or take around my age from previous chats, wanting a change of career anyway - I'd simply say go for what you enjoy and if it means returning, we are a basket case but not that bad, or to put it another way, I've never once genuinely thought of leaving.

Or pivot where you are.

As you for you personally, and probably not for an open thread anyway - but I'm assuming you are give or take around my age from previous chats, wanting a change of career anyway - I'd simply say go for what you enjoy and if it means returning, we are a basket case but not that bad, or to put it another way, I've never once genuinely thought of leaving.

Or pivot where you are.

Thanks Mike, have to refocus on my future and then when that's stable I can think of others.

Guess I am more like the politicians now, more self interested than solution orientated. :grinning:

Nice to see Macron branching out into a little light magic and making his expensive watch disappear live on TV.
locals seem quite peeved with him

Thanks Mike, have to refocus on my future and then when that's stable I can think of others.

Guess I am more like the politicians now, more self interested than solution orientated. :grinning:

Nowt wrong with that mate.

First and foremost you take care of you, and you cover those you know will take care of you in return.

As for the politician crack, you aren't asking for taxpayer money whilst telling taxpayers how they should live their lives - a big difference in all our books I'd imagine! lol

It's a black guy being racist Mike, don't know how else to explain it.

Same as I'd give a white guy, I want the full clip mate. And not making out what the lass, or bloke occasionally, was saying didn't help.

I'm not condoning 'his speech' if we can phrase it that way, but remember a good few months back when a white US cop went apeshit (in the eyes of the internet) on a black women and I posed the same questions on cropping.

The full video showed a completely different story and that's why I don't like the cropping.

Same as I'd give a white guy, I want the full clip mate. And not making out what the lass, or bloke occasionally, was saying didn't help.

I'm not condoning 'his speech' if we can phrase it that way, but remember a good few months back when a white US cop went apeshit (in the eyes of the internet) on a black women and I posed the same questions on cropping.

The full video showed a completely different story and that's why I don't like the cropping.

Yep, totally fair point that, it's almost impossible to get the context of what happens in these videos, except it turns out this guy has since popped up in other videos racially abusing Asian women, spewing the same shit.

The guy ranting and raving in the video needed a full clip to be honest

£6.2m a day of taxpayers money now being spent on hotels for asylum seekers . What a fucking shambles

I see the Nimby's are out now they want to put Migrants outside the cities and into the shires in the disused army and RAF houses.
It's ok to stick them in Bearwood Hotel but not in the shires, where these frightful people wouldn't fit in. Bloody hypocrites as soon as it affects them.

My mate lives in a 4-bed officer's house near Shrewsbury, as his wife is an officer in the RAF, cracking house.

£6.2m a day of taxpayers money now being spent on hotels for asylum seekers . What a fucking shambles

Amazing, isn't it?

£2.263bn a year to house people who risked their lives to get to Britain to work, so that they can't work.

Just give them working visas and let them get on with it.

Spend the £2.263bn on social housing. Get a fixed asset.

What are the odds that these hotels are owned by Matt Hancock's mates?