The Official Leicester City Match Thread (Sponsored by Mamady Sidibe "for all your winning goal at Priestfield against Leicester needs") | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Official Leicester City Match Thread (Sponsored by Mamady Sidibe "for all your winning goal at Priestfield against Leicester needs")

Proud of them after that, really unlucky and they couldn't complain if we'd got a replay. If we play like that with some new signings maybe there is hope.

Yes, I thought we had a good shape today and didn't get opened up at all, except arguably for the goal.

Jeffries was my pick but even when he had that run and shot in the first half, nobody seemed to breaking their neck to get upfield in support so he could only shoot before he got closed down.

Much better than expected. Heads up, lads, you should be proud and if you are really not playing for Harris, as some suspect, it did not show.

UTG !

No offence but I expect ST would say it was a blatant foul
🙂

Did ok today.

Did ok but this aint gills for me.
It was the cup and Leicester there for the taking.
After playing so well for most of the game surely its up and attem into the RE in the last 10 mins.

No shame in that defeat.

Every single one of those players showed they can compete and play a bit. We just need them to play like that in the league. Add some creative attacking players and a couple of decent strikers to this squad and we'll be ok.

Really hope there are some new players in by next weekend.

Disappointed in the end not to get the draw, the lads certainly deserved it from their effort, but there was absolutely no shame in the final result. We kept the shape well and gave Leicester a good game, if we get some attacking additions this week we should be fine.

Well done, we move on to the huge game against Pools next week.

Leicester looked poor for a Prem team and our understandable tactic of defending our bottom third in numbers, especially in the first half, gave them plenty of possession. We held firm.

Excellent effort from the Gills and full credit to the team for not being afraid to make bold plays. Respectable showing, well done boys !

Now let`s get some flipping new signings in !

Did ok but this aint gills for me.
It was the cup and Leicester there for the taking.
After playing so well for most of the game surely its up and attem into the RE in the last 10 mins.
Agree. Typical Nil being too defensive.
Once we settled immediately after their goal, Nil should have brought on at least Mandron. Only tried to score in the last 10 mins ffs.

Well done to the players though. No complaints about them.

Pity the Leicester fans that have to watch that endless back four passing! We're bottom of L2 and they didn't lay a glove on us in the first half. Rogers obviously told them to be a bit more direct in the 2nd half and that got them a goal out of about 4 chances. We still didn't hit the target but great effort and no shame. Vardy great sport for the caning he got until he was hauled off. Well done Max for keeping him quiet.
Loving the RE gossip about the multiple signings due to be announced next week. Lowest was 3 highest was 11. Should be a fun week in the lead up to the 6 pointer with Hartlepool next week.
Despite losing, it really did feel like a turning point today. Hope we looked ok on the telly.

Just as an aside is our capacity now limited to around 8,500?
Lots of empty seats visible on tv, Medway Lower block A particularly, but a few other rows here in and there in the Medway.
Gordon Road had large sections fenced off for cameras and segregation.
It did look like on the Upper tier of Medway lots of people watched stood up behind the back row, maybe they couldn’t find their seats!

F annoying to bring on forwards so late to go for it at the end. Correction - Actually we did not go for it at the end.

Harris has just got a mindset of trying to keep clean sheets and we're even failing at that. We did OK today but NH doesn't know how to go "fuck it" and go for it. Really don't believe that will change.

If we're to keep our league status we're going to have to try and win games from the the off from now until the end of the season We simply don't do that under NH and I'm not convinced he knows how too anymore. Everything is so cautious, slow, and pedestrian under him.

Agree. Typical Nil being too defensive.
Once we settled immediately after their goal, Nil should have brought on at least Mandron. Only tried to score in the last 10 mins ffs.

Well done to the players though. No complaints about them.

Agree with this and Jerry's post. Players worked hard but negative Nil had set up us to hold out for the draw. Understandable in the circumstances but not to go more attacking when we went a goal down was a shame.

Great occasion for Brad and his families first home game. Loved the little interview (posted above) about waking the sleeping giant. I love his positivity, after the Scally years it is so, so refreshing.

Atmosphere was flat but then I don't think anyone really believed we would score.

Roll on new signings, hopefully new manager and our season starts now.

Oh and be nice if the train drivers could go back to work - felt like a bloody away game today will collecting and returning the boy to/from London.

Roll on Hartlepool - caveat if we have new signings in time.

Money that does not need to be spent if the priority is new players or new ground - big decisions!

Depends how long we are planning on staying at Priestfield. Players 100% the priority and I think that will happen. I am sure Brad's "investment return" is linked to a new stadium complex but if that takes 5-10 years to bring to reality then taking away the half derelict town end and building a cheap, simple structure might make sense.

We all might need to get to the new reality. We might have an owner with money to spend !

Left work at 11, picked my mate and his lad up and shot up the M2 thinking all is good with the world. Got to woodlands rd at about 11:40 to witness fucking bedlam. Double parked everywhere, knobbers attempting 7 point turns in the middle of the road with their discoveries Whilst a sell out crowd obviously is great, it irks when I can’t fucking park (forgot about the train strikes too meaning most were driving).
Kicked my 2 out at the mini roundabout and went and abandoned the Audi on first avenue. Whilst running down sturdee I offered a little prayer to the footballing gods to ensure it was still there when I returned, whilst also wondering why I was bothering......

Got in the ground at around 12:15. Gave BG and his kin a wave and cheer and settled in to watch.
I thought first half we gave them a good game. More than matched them really. A few half chances but nothing clear cut. Second half (as someone else mentioned) they came out and went a little more direct, resulting in a couple of hot potato moments in our box. One of which they scored with.
From there it was same old really, albeit against PL opposition instead of other L2 dross.we had a few nice moves, and moments to get excited with, but in truth never really looked like scoring, and to be fair, nor did they. Probably knew that just playing the odds would mean 1-0 would be enough.

However it was an enjoyable game, and probably the best I’ve seen us play all season (possible exception of V Rochdale, but that was SOOOO long ago now). Williams decided that being live on the Beeb would mean he could show us why exactly he is picked every week and still retains the captaincy, his best game for us. Same for Adelakun. Jeffries too. Don’t think Macdonald or Mackenzie really got going (Alex looked like he had been on a sunbed all week!)
was kashkets burst from halfway actually offside? I suspect it was, but my eyesight ain’t what it was.

Credit to Vardy - apparently his wife is a grass.......

In all I agree that we should’ve thrown caution to the wind a little earlier. OK, we mayhave lost by more, but in a cup game let’s have a proper go. But that was a free hit, and (as I said before) an enjoyable one too. Now let’s get this shower sorted out and perform like that against pools next week EDIT but bloody score for a change.

Much improved performance today. Now all we've got to do is take that into our league matches, along with a couple of new strikers. Great song choice after the final whistle. It felt like a message from above. The start of a new era. Up the Gills!