Afolayan Misconduct Charge | Page 4 | Vital Football

Afolayan Misconduct Charge

You're quite right, standards and plain decency are often in short supply everywhere.
As a country, we should expect more. Sadly, it's rife top to bottom so let's not hold our breath for the upturn!
It’s not just the UK - it’s very largely around the World I’m afraid. You only have to watch the news to see what’s going on in many places. Unfortunately I include Australia in that. It’s generally a great life here (largely I suspect because of the size and isolation throughout the country), but there is a proportion of people who’s standards and respect for others are very low.

I’m actually amazed that the authorities have followed this through and acted, given their track record. Unfortunately it doesn’t help us as it means their goal should have been disallowed, but that’s football.
I’m not saying the Lincoln players were whiter than white, but I think it’s accurate to say it seems to be the standard of the modern game that players will be manhandled, pulled back, etc and ‘professionally’ fouled, but hey- it’s a physical game. What galls me though is that the referee and officials failed to control the game when it was blatantly obvious that the Bolton players came out for the second half fired up and spent most of the half trying every trick in the book to con the referee both offensively and defensively ( we know all about this from the Cowley days). I lost count of the number of times I was horrified at the standard of decision making for obvious offences and their failure to act, which just encouraged exponentially the level of foul play and cheating. I do wonder just how much of an influence and direction the Bolton manager and coaches had on their player behaviour. Nobody likes to lose, but there is a limit to what you should do to achieve a win.

Is there really any difference between a football pitch and the street?

Last edited:
A three-match ban? Much better than a seven-month prison sentence for common assault. Mr Afolayan, please reflect on what you did. In Bolton town centre ( a complete and utter shithole, from long personal experience), a seven-month prison sentence and a lifetime of unemployment, poverty and desperate shame would be the result of your actions. You have escaped a life-changing incident here because you have the good fortune to be a footballer (albeit not a very good one). It really is your choice how you choose to react to this.

Last edited:
It’s not just the UK - it’s very largely around the World I’m afraid. You only have to watch the news to see what’s going on in many places. Unfortunately I include Australia in that. It’s generally a great life here (largely I suspect because of the size and isolation throughout the country), but there is a proportion of people who’s standards and respect for others are very low.
Perth, you disappoint me. I have been considering where I can go to escape the brainless self-entitled idiocy of the UK (average IQ = 3), and I had considered Australia as an escape route, snakes and all. The cretinous Nicola Sturgeon looms large on my horizon - an economic taipan if ever there was one - and Baghdad seems more viable by the day.

Perth, you disappoint me. I have been considering where I can go to escape the brainless self-entitled idiocy of the UK (average IQ = 3), and I had considered Australia as an escape route, snakes and all. The cretinous Nicola Sturgeon looms large on my horizon - an economic taipan if ever there was one - and Baghdad seems more viable by the day.
Unfortunately perthimp is right . And i think its getting worse
Stabbings shootings stolen cars and people killed by stolen cars near every day occurence

Perhaps New Zealand - lovely country, but for the earthquakes, volcanoes and of course the accent 😳😱🤣. Only joking guys ❤️
I was thinking about this and I think there are very few places around the World where you can escape from crime, violence, disrespect, corruption, etc and live a peaceful life where everyone gets on, respects and helps each other. Answers on a postcard please. Sorry, just realised I should have posted this on the general forum.

Perhaps New Zealand - lovely country, but for the earthquakes, volcanoes and of course the accent 😳😱🤣. Only joking guys ❤️
I was thinking about this and I think there are very few places around the World where you can escape from crime, violence, disrespect, corruption, etc and live a peaceful life where everyone gets on, respects and helps each other. Answers on a postcard please. Sorry, just realised I should have posted this on the general forum.
If you can deal with conceited people, try Easter island🤣

I’m actually amazed that the authorities have followed this through and acted, given their track record. Unfortunately it doesn’t help us as it means their goal should have been disallowed, but that’s football.
I’m not saying the Lincoln players were whiter than white, but I think it’s accurate to say it seems to be the standard of the modern game that players will be manhandled, pulled back, etc and ‘professionally’ fouled, but hey- it’s a physical game. What galls me though is that the referee and officials failed to control the game when it was blatantly obvious that the Bolton players came out for the second half fired up and spent most of the half trying every trick in the book to con the referee both offensively and defensively ( we know all about this from the Cowley days). I lost count of the number of times I was horrified at the standard of decision making for obvious offences and their failure to act, which just encouraged exponentially the level of foul play and cheating. I do wonder just how much of an influence and direction the Bolton manager and coaches had on their player behaviour. Nobody likes to lose, but there is a limit to what you should do to achieve a win.
We've not heard from the Notlob coach/manager/twat about what he thinks of the incident. I doubt we will, maybe the miscreant who carried out the assault will loose wages, he could always pass them onto charity.

A three-match ban? Much better than a seven-month prison sentence for common assault. Mr Afolayan, please reflect on what you did. In Bolton town centre ( a complete and utter shithole, from long personal experience), a seven-month prison sentence and a lifetime of unemployment, poverty and desperate shame would be the result of your actions. You have escaped a life-changing incident here because you have the good fortune to be a footballer (albeit not a very good one). It really is your choice how you choose to react to this.
...a bit extreme ...but isn't that one of the many things that make sport important...young men and women can make mistakes and learn how to behave properly in a relatively safe place.

Yes, he should reflect.

Perhaps football should reflect if playing football is as good as say cricket, rugby, hockey etc in delivering an environment where cheating is a fools option.

Fuerteventura for us, just counting down the years till retirement.

...a bit extreme ...but isn't that one of the many things that make sport important...young men and women can make mistakes and learn how to behave properly in a relatively safe place.

Yes, he should reflect.

Perhaps football should reflect if playing football is as good as say cricket, rugby, hockey etc in delivering an environment where cheating is a fools option.
That's the point entirely - he should reflect on this and realise that it is not acceptable just because it takes place on a football pitch.

I could name a couple.

I see that the Notlob dickhead Evatt is now vlaiming that nobody else saw cretin Afolayans thuggery except Kennedy who then squealed it to the FA!.
Reckons it should have been sorted between the clubs!. The git needed banning officially and his misdeeds shown to all. Should have had a further ban for denying he did the dirty deed!

I see that the Notlob dickhead Evatt is now vlaiming that nobody else saw cretin Afolayans thuggery except Kennedy who then squealed it to the FA!.
Reckons it should have been sorted between the clubs!. The git needed banning officially and his misdeeds shown to all. Should have had a further ban for denying he did the dirty deed!
Evatt did plenty of squealing to the ref during the game. If you can't take it, don't dish it. What a hypocritical t***.

By sort it did he mean, "I say old chap one of your boys rather frightfully and deliberately smashed his elbow into one of our players faces and could have seriously injured him".
"Oh, sorry to hear that old bean, how awful. I'll have a quiet word with him what what, and then we can have a friendly discourse about a splendidly competitive game and say no more about it".

Should add some spice when they are playing little old Lincoln.....again.......next year.

Last edited:
Imagine the chat......
Mark Kennedy, " your bloke just smashed his elbow into our players face!"
Dickhead Evatt, " no he didn't, prove it!"
MK . " I saw him!"
DHE, " no you didn't!"
MK " I did!"
DHE " nope, you didn't!"
MK " is this a five minute argument , or the full half hour?"

Last edited:

surely not!?

I think the Bolton manager should reflect on the Putinesq deflection of the issue of violent conduct by one of his 'team' onto whether his ego should have been massaged by being informed of an official complaint.

I suspect Mr. Clough would have taken a much higher moral standpoint if he had discovered that one of his charges had been filmed being violent in order to cheat.

Interesting to note that neither the FA charge nor the subsequent suspension has been mentioned on Bolton's website or twitter feed. How about doing the right thing by condemning an act of street violence by one of your players? How about an apology from the player instead of a denial that he did anything wrong?

What a club Bolton are!