Summer transfer window thread | Page 689 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

He was destroyed at Everton and against Bournemouth as well.

Sadly since before the playoffs we really haven't been playing that well against good opposition

Neco is a great player and much stronger than Spence. No idea why some on here cannot see this. Hoping the team gets stronger in the next game and games to come as we bed in our style of play, the new guys get more familiar and our performances improve

Aurier coming in will help Williams, as the one criticism I have on him, is after 70 mins he's done. We now have a sub for him

Williams also isn't helped by some of the hospital passes Worrall sends his way

lone big difference between Spence and Neco is that Spence had to beat his man to get the cross in which made it look very good whilst Neco bends his cross around the defender thus not having to beat him. Not so exciting but more efficient. It is of course a redundant argument. We are measuring the experience of watching Spence, over 40 games against c championship defenders

lone big difference between Spence and Neco is that Spence had to beat his man to get the cross in which made it look very good whilst Neco bends his cross around the defender thus not having to beat him. Not so exciting but more efficient. It is of course a redundant argument. We are measuring the experience of watching Spence, over 40 games against c championship defenders

What's the point of playing in a cross from deep when there's no striker?

What's the point of playing in a cross from deep when there's no striker?
This was one of the big issues in the Bournemouth game.
Last 10 minutes when we started throwing people into the box and Williams was hitting crosses we actually looked pretty dangerous and even the better teams in the division would at least have to defend that kind of play in their own box, instead of defending against us in our half of the pitch.

There have been too many high balls into Brennan in all of the games so far. He rarely wins a header against a PL centre back. If we sat deeper we’d be harder to break down and we’d have the through ball option when we attacked. We’re not compact enough. Similar for Taiwo. He may be a big lad but doesn’t have Keenan’s close control to hold it up. Last season we were a counter attacking team and this season it seems to me there are much bigger gaps between the lines. Obviously that comes down to the standard of the opposition as much as the pace of the game. Integrating this many new players isn’t the same as being a well drilled unit of 15/16 players that we were last season either. I just think if we’re committed to three at the back we’ve got to go back to basics.

if anyone is playing fpl which seems is actually 50% of folk then they will know Neco is our highest scoring defender right now so. its easy to dismiss certain scapegoating :)

I’m pleased to hear that going to games and watching with your own eyes is now redundant and we can just leave it and look to see if he made 1.8 interceptions per game according to stat website… or if FPL happened to give him 8 points… cus that changes all the mistakes and issues I see every week of watching him and the team live.

Maybe we can stop getting down in the dumps after an actual loss because we’ve won on xG… that’s surely the REAL football result?

I’m pleased to hear that going to games and watching with your own eyes is now redundant and we can just leave it and look to see if he made 1.8 interceptions per game according to stat website… or if FPL happened to give him 8 points… cus that changes all the mistakes and issues I see every week of watching him and the team live.

Maybe we can stop getting down in the dumps after an actual loss because we’ve won on xG… that’s surely the REAL football result?

mmmm love it when you get like this x

Neco is a great player and much stronger than Spence. No idea why some on here cannot see this. Hoping the team gets stronger in the next game and games to come as we bed in our style of play, the new guys get more familiar and our performances improve

Aurier coming in will help Williams, as the one criticism I have on him, is after 70 mins he's done. We now have a sub for him

I’m sorry but how on earth have you come to the conclusion that Williams is a ‘much stronger player’ than Spence? There is simply nothing to back that up. Spence was spectacularly good for us nearly every single game and was consistently man of the match.

This is a step up in league quality, so of course I won’t overlook that, but in terms of what Spence was offering us, Williams is not even close to delivering that at the moment.

I’m sorry but how on earth have you come to the conclusion that Williams is a ‘much stronger player’ than Spence? There is simply nothing to back that up. Spence was spectacularly good for us nearly every single game and was consistently man of the match.

This is a step up in league quality, so of course I won’t overlook that, but in terms of what Spence was offering us, Williams is not even close to delivering that at the moment.

Agreed. Why didn't Fulham buy him.

You are judging these players, especially Williams on first 6 games of season. After 6 games last season we had just lost at home to Cardiff. Game 7 we lose 0 - 2 to M’boro. I don’t remember reading many rave reviews about any of the players and Spence had been blamed for being caught out of position on a couple of occasions. To early to be drawing many conclusions.

You are judging these players, especially Williams on first 6 games of season. After 6 games last season we had just lost at home to Cardiff. Game 7 we lose 0 - 2 to M’boro. I don’t remember reading many rave reviews about any of the players and Spence had been blamed for being caught out of position on a couple of occasions. To early to be drawing many conclusions.

on the flip side how are people saying williams is much better? i havent seen anything to suggest that only his price tag. fulham fans said that he was a very average player in the championship hence why they didnt buy him...so far from what i have seen (every game this season) it looks to be the case. he is 21 though so plenty time to improve.