Summer transfer window thread | Page 521 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

We really really really need a free kick and corner taker
I read a stat about corners a few years ago - 1 in 10 corners lead to a goal for the corner taker but 1 in 10 corners lead to a goal for the team defending the corner.

Not sure how true it was but I did find it curious.

Davis is injured so would not be doing a job for us right now other than joining Richards on the treatment table. Keep up chap.
well sure, but we didnt know hed get a niggle, it still seemed a no brainer to me in the sense I thought he was bloody good and i thought good value, even at 10m ish
mgw could get injured first game too tho. which is really the one caveat with me saying pay what it takes :/

Put the right players around him and that’s fine. Ideally we sign Freuler or someone similar and Kouyate is used while they get up to speed and then is used as back up.

We need someone in the middle to stop us getting overrun and Kouyate should be good enough for that.
No, not necessarily. It isn't just about winning the ball back, it's progressing the ball to attacking players.

We have people who can win it back- maybe not as well as Kouyate but well enough; our problem was being unable to do anything with it afterwards

We really really really need a free kick and corner taker
Neco might take a decent free kick, he can certainly whip the ball in. (poss a bit risky having him take corners tho)
Not sure, outside of Garnz who was the last player to have a pop direct

ah right, i remember media trying to get arsey about it

Arsey?

Is that a sly dig at @AdebolaCornflakes?

Or is it an attack on freedom of choice i.e. folk being attacked in their religious or political choices in not wanting to support LGBT+ inititives?

TBH, if its the latter, i'm with you, brother.

So long as they stay over there, and leave me alone, then things will be just right. You feel me?

I read a stat about corners a few years ago - 1 in 10 corners lead to a goal for the corner taker but 1 in 10 corners lead to a goal for the team defending the corner.

you can make anything true with stats if you pick the right time period .
it would make sense if you kept getting your big defenders up and they didn't get their heads on the ball first I suppose and the ball didnt go in the net or out of play.
Or maybe we should avoid corners at all costs and ensure the goal kicks, got the stats on goals from a goal kick after an opponent put the ball out the back? :)

To placate the fans. If the buying manager knows he's not injured and he's just been withdrawn from matches to make sure he doesn't actually get injured before the transfer goes through, everyone's happy.

Villa fans are not calling for Davis to start so makes zero sense. He is a 4th choice striker.

well sure, but we didnt know hed get a niggle, it still seemed a no brainer to me in the sense I thought he was bloody good and i thought good value, even at 10m ish
mgw could get injured first game too tho. which is really the one caveat with me saying pay what it takes :/

All transfers are tough aren't they? They are all a gamble, but Davis injuries through his career concerns me. Even more so after Saturday, we cannot take a risk on a player that has injury concerns as we need our striker to be playing.

Yeah all three got slaughtered for it in the media for a few days then the whole thing just faded away.

Quite right. Its the bloody left-wing wokey media that are trying to turn us all gay...with their ill thought out messages of (so-called) "understanding, inclusivity, say no and speak up against racism/sexism/bigotry/homophobia/transphobia".

If pro footballers don't want to support this kind of filth, then they should be allowed; and not shamed by the bloody snowflake/virtual signalling hegemony.

As Kouyate said "real men" (hate gays)

Them and their bloody liberal views make my, bloody, blood boil.

Arsey?

Or is it an attack on freedom of choice i.e. folk being attacked in their religious or political choices in not wanting to support LGBT+ inititives?

So long as they stay over there, and leave me alone, then things will be just right. You feel me?
do folk see that as politics? I suppose it depends what we consider politics for sure, I suppose end up narrowing politics down to economics more than social tho not no doubt one can influence the other

Arsey?

May I remind you to adhere to the unspoken agreement at all times?

YOU leave me alone and I will leave you alone. Capiche?

All transfers are tough aren't they? They are all a gamble, but Davis injuries through his career concerns me. Even more so after Saturday, we cannot take a risk on a player that has injury concerns as we need our striker to be playing.
young big strong lads often have niggles as they are developing and take time to get fit. we see it with players from kane to brereton somewhat, seems that way to me sometimes. But I dont think theres any major injury history with him.
Besides even if we got him for ten games at his absolute best that would be 10 great performances likely giving us points. Its all relative and this case his few million is relative to players we are bidding 30-40m or taking that in a years wages. Even if we got relegated, what a player to have in your pocket. :/

Arsey?

they said what they thought...do I agree with them...nope

but freedom of speech isnt freedom of consequences, and I am sure the fans made their feelings known to them

No, not necessarily. It isn't just about winning the ball back, it's progressing the ball to attacking players.

We have people who can win it back- maybe not as well as Kouyate but well enough; our problem was being unable to do anything with it afterwards
Kouyate is decent enough at recycling the ball once it’s won. The players around him need to be in the right place and looking for the ball. The same applies for any DCM that we pick up but there’s no doubting we need the physicality that Kouyate provides.

young big strong lads often have niggles as they are developing and take time to get fit. we see it with players from kane to brereton somewhat, seems that way to me sometimes. But I dont think theres any major injury history with him.
Besides even if we got him for ten games at his absolute best that would be 10 great performances likely giving us points. Its all relative and this case his few million is relative to players we are bidding 30-40m or taking that in a years wages. Even if we got relegated, what a player to have in your pocket. :/

Tell me more about these young big strong lads, Paz x

they said what they thought...do I agree with them...nope

but freedom of speech isnt freedom of consequences, and I am sure the fans made their feelings known to them

Dunno if they did, TBH.
Morals seem to go out the window when a successful footballer represents your club.

Quite right. Its the bloody left-wing wokey media that are trying to turn us all gay...with their ill thought out messages of (so-called) "understanding, inclusivity, say no and speak up against racism/sexism/bigotry/homophobia/transphobia".

If pro footballers don't want to support this kind of filth, then they should be allowed; and not shamed by the bloody snowflake/virtual signalling hegemony.

As Kouyate said "real men" (hate gays)

Them and their bloody liberal views make my, bloody, blood boil.
I am sure that somewhere in here there is a point trying desperately to make itself known…

For us it used to be that 0 in 10 corners led to a goal for us, but probably 2-3 out of 10 resulted in one conceded.