Home v Wigan | Page 9 | Vital Football

Home v Wigan

Rashica has scours watching so I'm guessing we looking to sell.

Sinani and sargent didn't offer much and I feel those subs sucked the life out if our attacking and momentum.

Pukki poor again, loads of huff n puff, aarons foul was blatant pen, already officiating at this lvl is annoying me, blatant follow through on his shin, anywhere else on pitch its a foul. Mclean so slow to pass, gibson utter crap. Going to have to get used to team at carrow road playing ten behind the ball

Oh dear what a shambles - DS on the sideline looks bewildered at times - what is he watching - seems like he has his ideas bit he aint seeing it on the pitch - the free flowing wasnt happening - Cantwell persistently turns in circles and circles back and stops the momentum as if he doesnt know what to do next. Some weird refereeing too, I dont know after that display what a bad tackle is - 4 or 5 of our guys laid out with stud showing tackles and he says play on each time - crap.
Even our goal was a touch lucky, keeper probably should have stopped it. I reckon we're 4 weeks away from even seeing a spark of what our team can do, and thats if ther injuries dont mount. Ginos gone for a big spell thats for sure. Aarons has knowck, Cantwell must have bruising - and this is against a team just up for L1. Scraped a draw. We're only L1 on that showing. We're in for a tough season. That said we had a realy bad start with DF last Champ season and we are traditionally slow to start, season and matches. Oh dear, what a shambles.

70% possession, 22 to 6 shots, 4 to 3 on target (very poor return for City), 9 corners to Nil (so our corners are ineffective), 6 fouls to 13, 3 or 4 bookings for Wigan.

Poor across the board, no wonder there were boos and half time and full time. Thats no game plan.

As 76 said, 10 at the back for the oppo for a lot of the games and a lot of the game. Just close them down. Us? We back pedal and allow them space - WHY????????

Just home , and for all of us to boo on our first home game says it all really .
I’m sorry everyone but those old losers simply have to go . McCrap , Pukki , Sorrenson , Gianoulous we’re a load of crap , but great it was to see Onel back and marvellous to see McCullum and Nunez . I just want all the two time losers gone

Pukki movement is decent but it's what he does afterwards that off

These refs and linesman are dog shit bring in var
It is in the lower leagues including championship that's in need of VAR Because the officials are
Mcrap is so crap! That header and strntwell ay cross is lge 2 shit. Gibson well i said after leeds gane he should never play again for us and how shit is he, and for 8m too ffs. Gio is poor, cantwell crap, get pace on and destroy this shit wigan team. If we draw or lose its a disaster
Agree with all FY but I thought Cantwell was half decent. He was trying his best anyway which is more than he has done for the last two seasons.

Not the result we were looking for considering the gap in class between Wigan players and us. However, several players performed very well and showed promise for the future.

I am pretty sure we had a slow start in the seasons we were promoted and we look like a top six side at the moment

My reservation is the lack of confidence I have in DS. Better tactics would have won this today.

AIS bottom 3
Based on performances thats where we will be there or there abouts as well. I'm beyond fed up with the Club. Just read this piece written by a 16 year old Villa supporter. Nails it.

"
AN UNBIASED OPINION ON THE CASCADING CANARIES

As a person who has friends and family members that are die hard Norwich City fans that would do anything just to see Norwich have a successful season in the Premier League, I have had plenty of opinions said to me about the club. Me being from Norwich and having family and friends that are City fans I do have a soft spot for them and I want them to succeed as a club but unfortunately in my opinion I can’t see that happening.

THE OWNERSHIP
Since purchasing the shares of Norwich City from Geoffrey Watling back in 1996, Delia Smith and husband Michael Wynn-Jones have been the joint majority shareholders of the club. And there is a section of the fans that see them as the problem and I believe that section has a huge point and more people should listen and take on the points they are trying to put across.
Delia Smith is worth around in the region of £30million and in the modern day game to be a successful club and to be on the rise that is too little of a net worth for an owner. Clubs like Bolton, Fleetwood and actually quite a few more league One clubs are richer than Norwich City and that is a problem.
In the past 10 years Norwich spent accumulatively £146million whilst being in the premier league, for a 10 year period that isn’t actually a huge amount of money considering clubs tend to spend that amount in 1 or 2 seasons. Realistically the only reason that number is as high as it is, is because City spent £50million last season but that in my opinion was spent on players that didn’t improve their squad and which then led to another relegation for the canaries.

FANS
There are plenty of canaries that are just happy with the constant rollercoaster of promotion and relegation in which they get their highs in the championship and then 9x out of 10 the lows in the premier league. And this to me just doesn’t make sense why would you be happy with just going down and then coming up, in my opinion that cannot be sustainable as a club and fans always want the best personnel in and if you are widely regarded as a yo-yo club, you’re not going to be able to attract those players that can progress you as a club and keep you in the premier league. #DeliaOut was a “movement” that some Norwich fans started last season in order to try and get Delia Smith to sell the club, but that was ridiculed by certain groups of the Norwich fanbase. And if your own fanbase can’t be on the same page in where they want the club to go and how they want to get there the owners will surely not show any true initiative to either sell or try and turn the club into a true Premier League club.

PLAYERS
Norwich’s current crop of players are now ageing and they’re not getting any better for City to be a Premier League club they can’t continue to have players like Kenny McLean, Sam Byram, Ben Gibson and actually a few 1st XI players like Tim Krul and Teemu Pukki. In this transfer window Norwich have brought in Aaron Ramsey on loan and being a Villa I believe that could be a fantastic loan for City and if given Minutes I truly believe he could end up being City’s POTY this season. Another loan deal that City have made is Isaac Hayden from Newcastle which again could be a good signing for the Championship but then if Norwich are to get to the Premier League and make it a permanent deal, he isn’t Premier League quality in my opinion which is then again, a problem for Norwich.
Gabriel Sara is a 23 year old that Norwich have signed from Sao Paulo for just under £10million and I think for a player that has played 112 games in his career and got 25 G/A that isn’t great. He could turn out be like Emi Buendia and his transfer value triple in the next three years or he could turn out to be like Placheta and be loaned out within two. Marcelino Nunez is less of a risk compared to Sara because he cost 7 million less and 18 G/A in 64 games isn’t horrendous but in the Chilean league it is a huge difference between that and Championship football. Players like Todd Cantwell, Milot Rashica, Kieran Dowell and even Josh Sargent need to step up this season compared to other seasons they’ve had in the Yellow and Green.

CONCLUSION
In conclusion I think the fans have a right to want Delia Smith out of their club because in the future it looks like there is no real success because unless they get a big sale for a player there won’t be another summer of spending £50million because that is the structure of the club, it is a selling club and no club who aspires to be big wants to be that and it seems that Norwich and Delia don’t mind being that as a club.
For the Future of Norwich City, I think if they don’t get promoted this season, they will lose players like Rashica, Cantwell, Pukki and Aarons the better players they have and then they could risk being a club that just floats around mid table of the championship and then occasionally they could push for play offs but then on other seasons they are battling relegation. And every Norwich fan i know would hate nothing more than to become an irrelevant club that is just there.
I do believe that for Norwich City to become a successful club Delia Smith needs to sell the club.
"

Smith said it was a positive today in that the performance was better.

Aarons is okay just a cut to his shin.

Giannoulis is going to hospital for an x-ray and Smith will give an update next week. It looked bad. Said he got his studs stuck in ground and twisted his ankle.

Based on performances thats where we will be there or there abouts as well. I'm beyond fed up with the Club. Just read this piece written by a 16 year old Villa supporter. Nails it.

"
AN UNBIASED OPINION ON THE CASCADING CANARIES

As a person who has friends and family members that are die hard Norwich City fans that would do anything just to see Norwich have a successful season in the Premier League, I have had plenty of opinions said to me about the club. Me being from Norwich and having family and friends that are City fans I do have a soft spot for them and I want them to succeed as a club but unfortunately in my opinion I can’t see that happening.

THE OWNERSHIP
Since purchasing the shares of Norwich City from Geoffrey Watling back in 1996, Delia Smith and husband Michael Wynn-Jones have been the joint majority shareholders of the club. And there is a section of the fans that see them as the problem and I believe that section has a huge point and more people should listen and take on the points they are trying to put across.
Delia Smith is worth around in the region of £30million and in the modern day game to be a successful club and to be on the rise that is too little of a net worth for an owner. Clubs like Bolton, Fleetwood and actually quite a few more league One clubs are richer than Norwich City and that is a problem.
In the past 10 years Norwich spent accumulatively £146million whilst being in the premier league, for a 10 year period that isn’t actually a huge amount of money considering clubs tend to spend that amount in 1 or 2 seasons. Realistically the only reason that number is as high as it is, is because City spent £50million last season but that in my opinion was spent on players that didn’t improve their squad and which then led to another relegation for the canaries.

FANS
There are plenty of canaries that are just happy with the constant rollercoaster of promotion and relegation in which they get their highs in the championship and then 9x out of 10 the lows in the premier league. And this to me just doesn’t make sense why would you be happy with just going down and then coming up, in my opinion that cannot be sustainable as a club and fans always want the best personnel in and if you are widely regarded as a yo-yo club, you’re not going to be able to attract those players that can progress you as a club and keep you in the premier league. #DeliaOut was a “movement” that some Norwich fans started last season in order to try and get Delia Smith to sell the club, but that was ridiculed by certain groups of the Norwich fanbase. And if your own fanbase can’t be on the same page in where they want the club to go and how they want to get there the owners will surely not show any true initiative to either sell or try and turn the club into a true Premier League club.

PLAYERS
Norwich’s current crop of players are now ageing and they’re not getting any better for City to be a Premier League club they can’t continue to have players like Kenny McLean, Sam Byram, Ben Gibson and actually a few 1st XI players like Tim Krul and Teemu Pukki. In this transfer window Norwich have brought in Aaron Ramsey on loan and being a Villa I believe that could be a fantastic loan for City and if given Minutes I truly believe he could end up being City’s POTY this season. Another loan deal that City have made is Isaac Hayden from Newcastle which again could be a good signing for the Championship but then if Norwich are to get to the Premier League and make it a permanent deal, he isn’t Premier League quality in my opinion which is then again, a problem for Norwich.
Gabriel Sara is a 23 year old that Norwich have signed from Sao Paulo for just under £10million and I think for a player that has played 112 games in his career and got 25 G/A that isn’t great. He could turn out be like Emi Buendia and his transfer value triple in the next three years or he could turn out to be like Placheta and be loaned out within two. Marcelino Nunez is less of a risk compared to Sara because he cost 7 million less and 18 G/A in 64 games isn’t horrendous but in the Chilean league it is a huge difference between that and Championship football. Players like Todd Cantwell, Milot Rashica, Kieran Dowell and even Josh Sargent need to step up this season compared to other seasons they’ve had in the Yellow and Green.

CONCLUSION
In conclusion I think the fans have a right to want Delia Smith out of their club because in the future it looks like there is no real success because unless they get a big sale for a player there won’t be another summer of spending £50million because that is the structure of the club, it is a selling club and no club who aspires to be big wants to be that and it seems that Norwich and Delia don’t mind being that as a club.
For the Future of Norwich City, I think if they don’t get promoted this season, they will lose players like Rashica, Cantwell, Pukki and Aarons the better players they have and then they could risk being a club that just floats around mid table of the championship and then occasionally they could push for play offs but then on other seasons they are battling relegation. And every Norwich fan i know would hate nothing more than to become an irrelevant club that is just there.
I do believe that for Norwich City to become a successful club Delia Smith needs to sell the club.
"

Fantastic post Nathan and I agree with every word . I bet there were happy clappers today who left the ground highly contented with that dross , and those fans whose expectations are as low as the Smiffs are very much a part of the problem

And so our first potential battering of the season has shown its head - they sit back, flood the defence, give up possession and then break out and easily swarm over the opposition - a tactic we saw in both our games so far by the opposition and we dont have an answer for - they eased past their game yesterday and scored 3 goals - Blackburn - here they come - maybe missing them off the Prediction League and errantly substituting Blackpool was another sign.