Tickets & Season Tickets 22/23 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Tickets & Season Tickets 22/23

Might want to delay any announcement Christian, that’s all I heard people mention on the way out. It’s gonna be very hard for many people to justify forking out for performances like that in the future with there only being catergory A and B matches.

On the plus side today, pleased to report absolutely no transport/traffic issues as I left after the 4th goal. Home super quick.
I was home even quicker . Decision vindicated massively

After Man U using the train I was home between 9 and 9.30pm. Today it was 7.45pm so even if I’d left on 90 minutes it would’ve been just after 8. That’s how bad the train service is.

Its so frustrating. 2 stations within walking distance and the wait for a train afterwards is a joke if you stay till the end. We have given up and gone back to using the car and arriving really early.

I'm not sure the transport problems are within our remit. As someone who uses the train everyday I can confirm they are as bad during the week as they are on matchdays. West Midlands Travel have a lot to answer for.

It is out of our remit, but with regards to the increase in capacity, surely all these things such as transport are discussed with the council at length and we can put pressure on them to sort it properly?

Once the plans are approved from an practical and aesthetics perspective by the council, we are then in the position of power as we are investing to b in 12-13k more people than before. The chances are a fair number of those additional fans are coming in from outside of Birmingham/West Midlands county and therefore contributing to the local economy.

In my simple head then, the club should at this point be challenging the city council on transport given that it’s a requirement to get right if they want the increase in spend in the local economy from us putting our hand in our pocket to invest in the stadium?

The amount of people who live in Birmingham who drive always amazes me, for a city of this size the public transport is poor but it seems to be getting worse. I drive as I have to, but I remember football special trains when I was in the region, do they exist anymore?

It is out of our remit, but with regards to the increase in capacity, surely all these things such as transport are discussed with the council at length and we can put pressure on them to sort it properly?

Once the plans are approved from an practical and aesthetics perspective by the council, we are then in the position of power as we are investing to b in 12-13k more people than before. The chances are a fair number of those additional fans are coming in from outside of Birmingham/West Midlands county and therefore contributing to the local economy.

In my simple head then, the club should at this point be challenging the city council on transport given that it’s a requirement to get right if they want the increase in spend in the local economy from us putting our hand in our pocket to invest in the stadium?

The amount of people who live in Birmingham who drive always amazes me, for a city of this size the public transport is poor but it seems to be getting worse. I drive as I have to, but I remember football special trains when I was in the region, do they exist anymore?

Yup. The club have/are discussing transport issues with the council so we will see what becomes of the discussions. I don't think there are such things as football specials anymore either.

Just as an aside to highlight the disconnect with transport , in 3 weeks time it is the Birmingham half marathon with 30,000 odd runners and god knows how many spectators . The first runners go off at 9.30 from the city centre so really you have to be there by 8.30 to get ready etc. The time of the first train from Shirley and other stations in to Birmingham ? 9.10. Absolutely ridiculous.

Its so frustrating. 2 stations within walking distance and the wait for a train afterwards is a joke if you stay till the end. We have given up and gone back to using the car and arriving really early.

Tbh you don’t need to arrive super early. Against Watford I arrived a bit later that I would’ve normally if using the car which before that game was only on the odd occasion. I arrived just over an hour before kick off and next to East End Foods was full, went back on myself towards town and found a better spot, slightly further to walk but it does mean walking passed all the traffic. Once I’m passed the big island matalan sits on it’s a straight forward drive with usual traffic.

I did get there early yesterday though as I walked back into town for a bit and then back to ground from there.

Last edited:
They could always run the City Centre metro tram that way? Oh hang on its never working either.

Ive actually thought this myself, could easily be done to Aston station and beyond albeit with a lot of disruption. At the San Siro there are many trams waiting outside at the terminus to take fans back to the city centre and that place holds 80 odd thousand.

Last edited:
The price rises and wasting money making the ground bigger will come back and bite them on the arse if we don't improve results drastically next season.
I don't like to say this but we have our fair share of fair-weather fans and plastic fans. we could end up with a 55k capacity stadium and kids for a quid to try and fill it .
There really are not 20k waiting for season tickets, people do other things thesedays and don't have the commitment for going every game they just like to moan about not being able to get season tickets until they are given a chance. Then they shut up and disappear. Not all but a fair percentage won't have the commitment, a ST is a commitment to going nearly every game rain shine night day whenever whatever the situation at home

There really are not 20k waiting for season tickets, people do other things thesedays and don't have the commitment for going every game they just like to moan about not being able to get season tickets until they are given a chance. Then they shut up and disappear.

There must be a word for the effect of this which isn’t coming to my head, but I agree. It’s the FOMO effect, we’ve had years of being able to buy season tickets, half season tickets and match day tickets. I know plenty of reds (United) fans and other clubs who would go to Villa Park in the home end as you could get tickets on general sale, now we’re onto waiting list people are applying but expecting them to actually pay? It always amazed me how Spurs and West Ham had these big waiting lists but actually paying and going are two different things.

Of those 20k, I bet only 5k would accept as people would want certain stands or to be sat by family and friends.

This was the model years ago when the Trinity Road Stand was murdered and rebuilt. Something like this would be impressive if it can be filled.

B05E0513-4FD0-4AFB-87B8-25B0DCA0D767.jpeg

This was the model years ago when the Trinity Road Stand was murdered and rebuilt. Something like this would be impressive if it can be filled.

View attachment 56955

That's just it Tom I've been in Villa park once with over 60k inside and a couple of times I think with over 54k in but those fans don't exist now, the SKY fans may go now and then but they aren't going to go every game.
I've no doubt we could fill a 55k stadium but do we really want 8k of them being from the opposition or kids for a quid

The waiting list is a myth and it’s playing right into the hands of Christian who can point towards it when justifying the price rises. The reality that we know as match going fans for many years and that are from the local area is that nearly all of those on that waiting list won’t buy one when presented with the opportunity in the future. In 2016 a big part of the Trinity Road was closed and there were plenty of season tickets available, proof that once things stagnate or go backwards people lose interest. I’ve mentioned it already but it really needs to be hammered home to people like Christian in his Ivory tower that many are gonna struggle to afford tickets at current prices let alone higher ones when every bill they have is shooting up, they’ll simply spend whatever surplus cash they have elsewhere.

There must be a word for the effect of this which isn’t coming to my head, but I agree. It’s the FOMO effect, we’ve had years of being able to buy season tickets, half season tickets and match day tickets. I know plenty of reds (United) fans and other clubs who would go to Villa Park in the home end as you could get tickets on general sale, now we’re onto waiting list people are applying but expecting them to actually pay? It always amazed me how Spurs and West Ham had these big waiting lists but actually paying and going are two different things.

Of those 20k, I bet only 5k would accept as people would want certain stands or to be sat by family and friends.

perhaps they should charge £100 retainer to be on the list,

Those people on the waiting list effectively already do pay a retainer in the form of a membership, I’d imagine a good chunk of them do anyway. That’s another thing that irks me because what are you actually a member of? It’s a just cash grab by the club to give people a pre sale for tickets before they go to general sale. Couldn’t believe the brass neck of the club emailing me to become a member, why on Earth would I need to be a member as a ST holder? Unless I’m a shareholder I’m not a member of anything.

More performances like yesterday and they'll need more than a waiting list of 20K to make up for those who won't bother to renew.

exactly !

I thnk if you put your name on the list to buy a Morgan car you have to pay a deposit , to stop people just putting their names down for the sake of it

Us Morgan’s from that part of the world know how to do business mate