England women | Vital Football

England women

Bulmer1889

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
What is the point of this game they’re 5-0 up after only 18 mins it’s worse than the men’s they shouldn’t be on the same pitch

I turned over at 6 and I only started watching at 4
put prime on to watch my new dream team striker benteke for palace at leeds and he’s been dropped :arrghh:

Like the blokes. Its fine when you're playing St Mary's U-13's, but humiliating teams nowhere near your level, doesn't count for owt at the business end of the tournament.

A pointless and embarassing spectacle. Christians had more chance in the Colossieum. I suppose the fact it was wimmin makes that ok. The coach should apologise and so should the players. An irrelevant result. Funny thing is those same players will get battered when they play a half decent outfit. Looking forward to that. Same with the men. Schoolyard bullys. No good when the big dogs come calling. Shit manager. Bottleless penalty takers!

Tbf the england manager who I believe is one of the most successful ever has said results like these do nothing to promote the sport if anything they have an adverse effect,she also said the authorities were aware of the situation and were looking into it so now thats all done where does it leave women’s footy the English league appears to be healthy and there are some big European teams but after that it looks a bit of a wilderness

Isn't women's football health in the USA and Australia to name a few. For me no country should be excluded from entering a team or it will never grow and improve. Seem to remember the uproar with the Super League how it would destroy the pyramid, every team from any country should have the opportunity to participate and one day improve.

Isn't women's football health in the USA and Australia to name a few. For me no country should be excluded from entering a team or it will never grow and improve. Seem to remember the uproar with the Super League how it would destroy the pyramid, every team from any country should have the opportunity to participate and one day improve.
It needs two leagues yesterday did nothing for the game the Latvians learnt nothing and wouldn’t improve as they never had the ball England would have gained more from a training session it was so easy,you have to reach a required standard to enter the olympics to stop mismatches like this happening they should have a separate League of Nations of a similar standard that play off and the best get the opportunity with the big girls that way the poorer teams stand a chance of improving

It needs two leagues yesterday did nothing for the game the Latvians learnt nothing and wouldn’t improve as they never had the ball England would have gained more from a training session it was so easy,you have to reach a required standard to enter the olympics to stop mismatches like this happening they should have a separate League of Nations of a similar standard that play off and the best get the opportunity with the big girls that way the poorer teams stand a chance of improving

I'm sure adjustments to the format will be made that's a given. Did they learn anything, if you don't learn anything from playing against better players, you might as well call it a day, I'm sure the Latvian coaches learnt quite a bit so it's not a total waste of time. All about opinions though.

I'm sure adjustments to the format will be made that's a given. Did they learn anything, if you don't learn anything from playing against better players, you might as well call it a day, I'm sure the Latvian coaches learnt quite a bit so it's not a total waste of time. All about opinions though.
I agree if they’re playing better teams on the whole but the gap in quality was too big imo but as you say that’s what it’s all about

I agree if they’re playing better teams on the whole but the gap in quality was too big imo but as you say that’s what it’s all about

I believe my original post was a reference to the England team should be embarrassed by the huge win I think reading the players comments I think they were far from being embarrassed by it.