Coronavirus | Page 783 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Boris Johnson has been accused of ignoring a senior official’s plan to prepare Britain for the emergence of vaccine-resistant Covid variants, the Observer can reveal.

In an interview with the Observer, Clive Dix, a leading figure in drug development who chaired the taskforce until April, said that he believed the UK was no longer “on the front foot” in tackling the pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-tackle-deadly-covid-variants-senior-official

The doctor who discovered the Omicron variant said the UK was “panicking unnecessarily” and that the symptoms are “extremely mild”.

Dr Angelique Coetzee, chair of the South African Medical Association, told The Andrew Marr Show she first encountered the variant in a man in his early 30s who presented with tiredness and a mild headache, but none of the usual coronavirus symptoms.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...detect-omicron-cases-israel-bans-all-visitors

another on the same show has just said we don't know yet and that in SA the population is much younger, not as many old people, so it might be different in the UK

I never stopped wearing a mask even when outdoors I would wear it as a chin warmer then when anybody came near me would just pull it up. And on the subject of masks I have just ordered another 50 on e bay, £2.84 free postage.

I never stopped wearing a mask even when outdoors I would wear it as a chin warmer then when anybody came near me would just pull it up. And on the subject of masks I have just ordered another 50 on e bay, £2.84 free postage.

another advantage to wear one always, is you dont have to explain to people you are also wearing it for pollution reasons, thats a big killer as well ...seanie

Places like Morrisons free issue them mate so you just wasted £2.84

The doctor who discovered the Omicron variant said the UK was “panicking unnecessarily” and that the symptoms are “extremely mild”.

Dr Angelique Coetzee, chair of the South African Medical Association, told The Andrew Marr Show she first encountered the variant in a man in his early 30s who presented with tiredness and a mild headache, but none of the usual coronavirus symptoms.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...detect-omicron-cases-israel-bans-all-visitors

another on the same show has just said we don't know yet and that in SA the population is much younger, not as many old people, so it might be different in the UK
Unfortunately the SA Medical Association need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Amongst other things they spread nonsense about the AZ vaccine leading to poor uptake. Doesn't mean she's wrong here but I reckon "Needs further study" is where I'm at.

Why are they letting hospitality to be exempt from mask wearing. Surely at this time of year it's going to be one of the biggest areas where the virus will be spreading.