Club statement - Charlie Wyke | Page 4 | Vital Football

Club statement - Charlie Wyke

Hampton, mate, as Jock and others have rightly said, this really should be a thread to wish Charlie Wyke well.

I suppose there was always a chance it would go off topic, and that's a shame, but speculating on the reasons for his condition -at this particular time - is ( I think most would agree) a little tasteless.

As it happens, the speculation was completely untrue, ad "forced" Charlie into issuing a qualifying statement to counter the complete load of bollocks being spread about social media. (Hindleymon, MiW, tonight, I can't help but agree with you. ..... twitter is rife with tossers talking absolute shite).

So, firstly you misread my comment - I was referring to the poster, not the implication in his post, and secondly, as it happens, Charlie Wyke himself says the poster's implication was wrong.

Happy?

Some utter bellends tweeting absolute shite, mainly trying to push an anti vaccine agenda. These cretins need to get a life, they make fucking sick, there’s a man lying ill in hospital for Christ sake.

Wyke was unvaccinated as was Erikson and quite possibly some of the others!There is no link between these players and i really hope people will stop saying this on this board!!If you want to spread misinformation you will be welcomed with open arms on Twitter but keep it off this board!!

Some utter bellends tweeting absolute shite, mainly trying to push an anti vaccine agenda. These cretins need to get a life, they make fucking sick, there’s a man lying ill in hospital for Christ sake.
Sadly some on here seem intent on spreading this crap!!Charlie and his family deserve better!!

Glad to hear that Wyke has heard about the speculation and released a statement. That suggests that he's doing well and probably sat in bed bored shitless on his phone.

I have nothing only respect you idiot, all I have reported is he was admitted to hospital and where he went to from the local one, I have not speculated in what happens to team selection now or the ridiculous notion it could be caused by the covid vaccine, which are both truly disgraceful, I also note you have not condemned that stuff.
I despair at gleefully giving extra info eg heart hospital, wigan infirmary, any speculation.
I just want to wish Charlie Wyke and his family all the good wishes and hope he recovers fully soon. That is all I'm concerned about.

I suspect the issue people have with what you have said LMB, is that you stated, on a public forum, that he had a suspected heart attack. The club statement made no mention of his heart. I would think any statement made by the club would have been agreed with Wyke's family and would have said what they wanted to be public and what they wanted to remain private. The lack of any mention of a heart attack suggests they wanted it kept private if true. You chose unilaterally to make it public.

Again...
- there was no need to mention the possible link.
- Charlie isn't part of any possible link anyway.
He clearly is part of something going on too many to be coincidence - if not vax related should be investigated what else may be common to the players affected for the sake of all

He clearly is part of something going on too many to be coincidence - if not vax related should be investigated what else may be common to the players affected for the sake of all

Hold on. You can't do that. You can't appear to be supportive of one stupid conspiracy theory (the vax caused Charlie's issue) only to switch to another similarly baseless one when the first is proven to be untrue.

Even if it turns out there may well be something which needs investigating, let's not speculate on summat we all know bugger all about while a bloke's in hospital.

That's fine and Im happy to be proved wrong. However it backs up the fact that many players won't have the vaccination through fear of health complications.
The only thing it proves is that many footballers are as misguided as the general population about the vaccine and the consequences of not taking it when it is possible.

Why the f@ck on a so called 'respect / best wishes' thread for Charlie Wyke, his family & his team mates are posters continuing to post rumours / unsubstantiated claims. FFS let's just get back to wishing Charlie well & a speedy recovery.

Think we must be missing Arthur_Itis's admin duties / skills in sorting out threads.......Arthur please come back n I promise to speak no ill of you 😉

Hold on. You can't do that. You can't appear to be supportive of one stupid conspiracy theory (the vax caused Charlie's issue) only to switch to another similarly baseless one when the first is proven to be untrue.

Even if it turns out there may well be something which needs investigating, let's not speculate on summat we all know bugger all about while a bloke's in hospital.
I can do what I want mate it's a free(ish) country.
No need to get all stressy about it !
Something is going on with the recent numbers of footballers having this type of event. Potentially it could have been a reaction to vaccine - in this case it isn't so it should be investigated immediately to maybe prevent the next hospitalisation- no ?

There are some utter morons on Twitter spouting unsubstantiated shit - even when Charlie confirms he’s unvaccinated. Anything to try and give credence to their claims even if it’s not true. Im all for free speech but anyone on here who wants to use this mans illness to push this nonsense please do me a favour and fuck off as I’m not in the mood.

In regards arguing with each other about he said, she said on this thread please get a grip and think about our player laying in a hospital bed instead of point scoring.

Something is going on with the recent numbers of footballers having this type of event. Potentially it could have been a reaction to vaccine - in this case it isn't so it should be investigated immediately to maybe prevent the next hospitalisation- no ?

Not "stressy", but I had you down as someone with a bit o' summat upstairs, and surely you see how silly your conspiracy switch makes you look.

As I said in my first post on this thread, I hope it's something a) to which they can attribute a cause, b) something that can be treated, and c) something from which he can make a full recovery (and hopefully continue playing).

In furtherance to point a), if the doctors find anything worrying (including anything that might be part of a wider phenomenon), let's hope - as you say - it's investigated ................ but in the meantime, let's not make stuff up, eh?

Out of respect for Charlie his family and the club I have deleted the posts I have made in this thread about his wellbeing or what the timeline was.

I apologise to anyone I may have caused offence to, it was never my intention, I got it wrong posting at all which was rightly pointed out by other posters.

Well done mate, it takes a real man to know when something is wrong and admit to it. Respect.

What utter rubbish
The only connection is they are all male
A lot of rowing back here. Despite you being the self appointed voice of reason, on this board 😀

What utter rubbish
The only connection is they are all male

A lot of rowing back here. Despite you being the self appointed voice of reason, on this board 😀
Since when have I claimed to be that.
If that's the only connection what are the odds 🤔
No rowing back - just a change of focus - if first theory is incorrect move on to the next until you solve the question - logical thinking.
If you subscribe to doing nowt as it's all coincidental that's your perogative.
Don't be bleating when the next player goes down !