MATCH DAY THREAD : Reading v The Mighty Blades | Page 8 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : Reading v The Mighty Blades

So everything’s fine and dandy in the blades and your world I’m happy for you rod perhaps I’m just more demanding and expect more or should I be happy with a shyte performance every week as long as we win
I'd sooner have a poor performance and win than a good performance and lose,obviously i'd like us to be playing gr8 and smashing teams tho obviously.By the way where's the fine and dandy come from ya plank.:giggle: UTB

I haven't watched the game, i'm not one of those that whinges about Sky then subscribes to them(Yes cos i'm tight also) but Asaba was saying we were poor after a good first 15 mins and then we had a decent short period in't 2nd half.Good finish by Bogle and a good pass from Didsy tho having seen the goal on Twitter. UTB
The only decent thing was MGWs free kick in the first half unless you think playing it sidewards and back for 45 mins and not having one attempt on target is great the only good thing in the 2nd half was the goal loads of possession did f all with it then got the jitters on 85 mins like an alarm clock goes off in their heads even though there was another 20 left to play
reading were atrocious and will be thanking their lucky stars for derby Hull Barnsley and Peterborough

The only decent thing was MGWs free kick in the first half unless you think playing it sidewards and back for 45 mins and not having one attempt on target is great the only good thing in the 2nd half was the goal loads of possession did f all with it then got the jitters on 85 mins like an alarm clock goes off in their heads even though there was another 20 left to play
reading were atrocious and will be thanking their lucky stars for derby Hull Barnsley and Peterborough
If only Reading had scored 2 late goals then you could've really had a strop on eh.:giggle: Serves ya r8 for backing them to score against our boys ya happy chuff.:finger::giggle: Have a nice peaceful evening BLADES folk,i'm off to bed,be good and if ya can't be good be careful. UTB

One or 2 ??? That was FRUSTRATING to say the least no tempo both wing backs in fact the whole team happier kicking towards our own goal than theirs sorry m8 we’ll have to agree to disagree I’ve had another night shouting at the tv and let’s be honest reading were shyte the only plus point was we came away with em
We'll have to agree to disagree pal. Whilst admitting our individual problems again, i thought we never really looked like conceding and we always looked like we might score another. I've seen LOADS of more frustrating games home and away over the years than tonight even in our better seasons...but as always it's open to the individuals interpretation. UTB⚔️

If only Reading had scored 2 late goals then you could've really had a strop on eh.:giggle: Serves ya r8 for backing them to score against our boys ya happy chuff.:finger::giggle: Have a nice peaceful evening BLADES folk,i'm off to bed,be good and if ya can't be good be careful. UTB
Really happy we kept another clean sheet I’ll be even happier with another on Sunday means we only have to score 1 and not 3 to get some points

We'll have to agree to disagree pal. Whilst admitting our individual problems again, i thought we never really looked like conceding and we always looked like we might score another. I've seen LOADS of more frustrating games home and away over the years than tonight even in our better seasons...but as always it's open to the individuals interpretation. UTB⚔️
I’ve seen worse performances gray but it was watching worse teams than this this side should be better but they refuse to be for some reason that’s what’s pissed me off tonight the refusal to drive forward the refusal to play with any tempo the total refusal from any of them to take a risk if we were in the pub league playing like this I’d cope with it better and make leeway cos we‘d accept the players aren’t as good

I’ve seen worse performances gray but it was watching worse teams than this this side should be better but they refuse to be for some reason that’s what’s pissed me off tonight the refusal to drive forward the refusal to play with any tempo the total refusal from any of them to take a risk if we were in the pub league playing like this I’d cope with it better and make leeway cos we‘d accept the players aren’t as good
I'm giving them credit for managing to carry on after the Fleck incident as well Bully. I suspected that they might have an excuse to crumble but I thought they really got stuck in mate

I'm giving them credit for managing to carry on after the Fleck incident as well Bully. I suspected that they might have an excuse to crumble but I thought they really got stuck in mate
I’ll agree with that at least it worried me the length of wait and if they’d be switched on after seeing their m8 carried off

Worrying about Flecky, but I'll take the points and the clean sheet any day.

Looking at the fixture list we've got a run of 11 games, with 6 of them vs teams below us. 14 points out of those and an odd point out the better teams and we would be well on our way to safety. Lets hope...

Last edited:
0-0, i think Slav has lost patience trying to make water into wine and has reverted to the defensive bore system we employed last season. Maybe to change the system back if he gets some reinforcements in January. If not i think he will be gone and i don't blame him
Ths sytem didn't bore me for the previous 4 season though. If only Jack was fit.

Poor performance
Get well soon John
If was a performance that you see all the time when team's are short on confidence, but that's 2 clean sheets on the bounce and a win so maybe it'll give us something to build on like our totally shite performance at Gillingham did under Wilder?

Ths sytem didn't bore me for the previous 4 season though. If only Jack was fit.
If only it was that easy. I agree JOC has been a huge loss but there has been a large drop off in form of some of our main stay players of the last few years.
Both wingback Baldock and Stevens
Both central midfield players Fleck and Norwood

Also the fact that when Wilder wanted to sign upgrades for these 4 he had to go for a cheaper option than his first choice or just did not do the deal, like with John Swift. John Swift would fit perfectly into our first 11 but we penny pinch and it ends up costing us more in the long run.

If was a performance that you see all the time when team's are short on confidence, but that's 2 clean sheets on the bounce and a win so maybe it'll give us something to build on like our totally shite performance at Gillingham did under Wilder?
Gray, it’s the passing that really infuriates me, don’t know if it is lack of concentration or just plain lazy
I really don’t get it!!