Match Thread: Lincoln City v Portsmouth | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Portsmouth

Another hopeless home performance. Shocking.
We supposed be footballing side but can't even manage shot on target.
Easy come back for Danny.
Cowley 3 -. 0 Appleton. No words needed...

Poor result and performance. I hope that this match does give an indication though that if we play it forward we can create some chances. That was our best parts of the game tonight and on another occasion the ball falls to one of our players. Portsmouth fully deserve that win and it shows exactly where we are in comparison to other teams in this league.

Yes we are in the relegation battle this season. We are good enough not to go down but not too good to be relegated

Really poor I am sick and tired of this messing about at the back TJ always looks like he is going to play us into trouble and we are doing this game after game.

upfront we have nothing could have played until midnight the one good shot from Maguire was from a long ball from the back we don’t need to mess about at the back.

We we’re outclassed and a lot of the players tonight where MA signings, one positive was young Freddie a star in the making.

FT. Not a lot you can say about that. You can say injuries have decimated the side, but DC had done his homework and knew exactly where we were weak. I’m afraid our midfield is far too lightweight and we don’t have any wide outlet. You can’t play passing football from the back against experienced sides when you don’t have a midfield who can fight for and protect the ball. Slightly better second half but still need new players.

My first visit to the Bank for a couple of years this coming Saturday - it's going to be a long cold afternoon I fear!

Reality bites. very similar to the home game with Portsmouth last season. And the season before. Well beaten.

difficult to out-pass a better team, when your own passing is below average (being polite).
n’lundulu open goal, hitting the post from six yards (and was offside) summed up the general lack of quality/technique.

re-set to where we were two seasons ago imo. Around top of the bottom eight, which is still good for us - and maybe work on getting minutes into draper as a player to improve. something for fans to look forward to. he had some very good contributions tonight. Uti.