Pigs and us…. | Vital Football

Pigs and us….

Grayblade

Vital Football Hero
We were 3-0 up at Barnsley, almost let it slip but won 3-2 and most of our fans slag off all concerned.

The Pork were 3-0 up at Accrington Stanley, almost let it slip and most of their fans seem happy to celebrate the win.

Are we Blades getting a bit Bertie Big Bollox or are we just happier when we’re moaning?
:taz:

Discuss

I think we‘ve definitely acquired some fans who think we’re more entitled than we are during the wilder yrs
those of us who are used to united performing like this are reverting back to type now after 4 yrs of struggle with themselves as we defied all previous United logic of winning when it mattered and playing wonderful footy

We were 3-0 up at Barnsley, almost let it slip but won 3-2 and most of our fans slag off all concerned.

The Pork were 3-0 up at Accrington Stanley, almost let it slip and most of their fans seem happy to celebrate the win.

Are we Blades getting a bit Bertie Big Bollox or are we just happier when we’re moaning?
:taz:

Discuss
It's a conditioned reflex we have GB.

I remember posting on the old BMad that our natural default stance is pessimism whereas, for some unfathomable reason ( Deludamol?) their's is optimism.
Remember , the thicker a person is, the less they understand, can rationalise, recall or work out, the less they worry.:wahey:

I think it comes down to fans thinking because we have a good proven manager we should be doing better. Klopp could not get a tune out of this bunch. The owner, board and fans have to realise that this squad is simply not good enough and needs a refresh. We could and should have signed 2 good permanent championship players in the last transfer window for a reactively small amount, clubs are struggling and need the money. Wednesday did add some good players for L1 so the fans can see improvement our fans see no improvement and a terrible recruitment process. All about seeing improvement and we are going backwards fast. The Prince needs to wake up.

There's a big difference between winning your last game 3-0 against the promotion favourites and then holding on for a 3-2 away win,

And being shit every week and the one week you do play ok we still end up nearly chucking it away

I think we‘ve definitely acquired some fans who think we’re more entitled than we are during the wilder yrs
those of us who are used to united performing like this are reverting back to type now after 4 yrs of struggle with themselves as we defied all previous United logic of winning when it mattered and playing wonderful footy
Definitely some truth in that! I remember several derogatory posts on Facebook cus it was ‘only’ Peterborough we’d beaten 6-2. Most of the squad have PL experience or cost a lot of money and therefore the team should be beat all in front of them at this level. I wish it was that simple.

It's a conditioned reflex we have GB.

I remember posting on the old BMad that our natural default stance is pessimism whereas, for some unfathomable reason ( Deludamol?) their's is optimism.
Remember , the thicker a person is, the less they understand, can rationalise, recall or work out, the less they worry.:wahey:
They’ve no shame, that’s a fact TT. Laughable really but I suppose there’s is something be said for the ‘a win’s a win’ attitude.

I think it comes down to fans thinking because we have a good proven manager we should be doing better. Klopp could not get a tune out of this bunch. The owner, board and fans have to realise that this squad is simply not good enough and needs a refresh. We could and should have signed 2 good permanent championship players in the last transfer window for a reactively small amount, clubs are struggling and need the money. Wednesday did add some good players for L1 so the fans can see improvement our fans see no improvement and a terrible recruitment process. All about seeing improvement and we are going backwards fast. The Prince needs to wake up.
Spot on bud!

There's a big difference between winning your last game 3-0 against the promotion favourites and then holding on for a 3-2 away win,

And being shit every week and the one week you do play ok we still end up nearly chucking it away
Thrashed by the Millers 3 days earlier Sunderland apart, they’ve been shite every game for nearly two months according to Porktalk. They drew at lowly Gillingham the week before and were bounced out of the cup 3-0 at Plymouth in mid week. Still hasn’t stopped them wetting themselves over just scraping a win at bang out of form Accrington fooking Stanley though..
:rofl:

With The Blades I'm grateful for any positives........ years of experience tells me to grab em with both hands.

No-one is here for the glory...

Plenty of miserable buggers on Porktalk when I happen to drop in. cant wait to sack the manager.

No-one is here for the glory...

Plenty of miserable buggers on Porktalk when I happen to drop in. cant wait to sack the manager.
Oh there definitely are, they're totally peed off with their manager and the way their team's been playing FKB. My point was that they seem in the main to simply enjoy any sort of win against any opposition but many Blades don't seem to want to...there's alway a caveat, an 'Ah but'. You'll see what I mean IF we beat Accrington Stanley next season.

Thrashed by the Millers 3 days earlier Sunderland apart, they’ve been shite every game for nearly two months according to Porktalk. They drew at lowly Gillingham the week before and were bounced out of the cup 3-0 at Plymouth in mid week. Still hasn’t stopped them wetting themselves over just scraping a win at bang out of form Accrington fooking Stanley though..

I don't really want to be a fan anymore,

Their just a nagging habit, which I've realised is a bad habit.....like smoking.

I don't want to support the club anymore because it's pathetic and stupid. It can't do fuck all right.

I used to hope for major investment to try to see just how far the club could go, but I don't even want that anymore because they'd make an absolute bollocks of it.

Even if it was Man City/ Newcastle types of investment, they'd make a complete balls of it all because they'd just sign ordinary carthorses for bigger money, they haven't got the foresight to buy ability or style.

So I'm running out of ideas about what to do about them, the more they spend on a player, the bigger the bag of shit he turns out to be.

Our only successes as far as players are concerned are free transfers that don't turn out to be quite as shit as everyone thought they'd be.

In truth there not very good really, they're just less shit than was expected.

So I'm trying hard now to just erase the club from my mind

It's not easy, like giving up smoking I suppose, but I will succeed I'm determined this time

Fuck them

Their just a nagging habit, which I've realised is a bad habit.....like smoking.

I don't want to support the club anymore because it's pathetic and stupid. It can't do fuck all right.

I used to hope for major investment to try to see just how far the club could go, but I don't even want that anymore because they'd make an absolute bollocks of it.

Even if it was Man City/ Newcastle types of investment, they'd make a complete balls of it all because they'd just sign ordinary carthorses for bigger money, they haven't got the foresight to buy ability or style.

So I'm running out of ideas about what to do about them, the more they spend on a player, the bigger the bag of shit he turns out to be.

Our only successes as far as players are concerned are free transfers that don't turn out to be quite as shit as everyone thought they'd be.

It's not easy, like giving up smoking I suppose, but I will succeed I'm determined this time

Fuck them
Is that a copy and paste MnM?
Sure I've seen it before.

Is that a copy and paste MnM?
Sure I've seen it before.

Everybody has a breaking point and I'm just fed up of it now, the club truly is retarded beyond belief.

Truth is several hundred thousand people have given up on them, some people I've bumped into from 20 and 30 years ago laugh about how stupid they were to support them.

They say, "Oh my God, you don't still follow that load of shyte do you?" While their sons and daughters wear Man Utd shirts.

Yes, maybe their wankers, but that's not the point

The knock on effect over the decades is disastrous, several hundred thousand people who would have been United fans under normal circumstances have never been introduced to United by their older relatives because they're older relatives haven't got a single good thing to say about them.

This indicates a dying club. And that should worry people.

The club has been given three extremely lucky breaks under Bassett, Warnock and Wilder, lucky breaks that cost fuck all, there was no real planning, it just happened, it happened cheaply and unbelievably, and each time after relegation we ended up being a club not even good enough for the Championship.

That takes planning of epic proportions, and it's no wonder why so many Sheffield and South Yorkshire people who would normally be fans, never become fans.

But according to Piggy Pearson on Saturday, if football was based on fans the Pigs would be in the Champions League. First season in Div 1 for years where they can look like a big club and this is the trash spouted. Sorry but it's a another case needing:-
46B860AD-4179-473E-A3C3-B0F2EC46BD12.jpg

Fuck them

I agree with a lot of what you say JJ especially the planning for success and not just survival aspect. The weird part is though that our level of support has never been better at this level since seating was introduced so I guess the 1,000's of people who'd given up on United like you did have been more than replaced, but it'll not last if things don't improve.

Either way it's up to the fans to make their own minds up. I thought that I'd reached my breaking point under Adkins and here I still am going. I learnt years ago that no amount of virtual table banging or heartfelt coaxing on a forum will make a jot of difference. It's down to the individual.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of what you say JJ especially the planning for success and not just survival aspect. The weird part is though that our level of support has never been better at this level since seating was introduced so I guess the 1,000 of people who'd given up on United like you did have been more than replaced, but it'll not last if things don't improve.

Either way it's up to the fans to make their own minds up. I thought that I'd reached my breaking point under Adkins and here I still am going. I learnt years ago that no amount of virtual table banging or heartfelt coaxing on a forum will make a jot of difference. It's down to the individual.
I saw us drop to Div4 and if we had done a Chessy I would have still been there with them. To me the team used to be like an older relative, then like a son and now like a grandson and you don't boo you own nor stop supporting the family.

Everybody has a breaking point and I'm just fed up of it now, the club truly is retarded beyond belief.

Truth is several hundred thousand people have given up on them, some people I've bumped into from 20 and 30 years ago laugh about how stupid they were to support them.

They say, "Oh my God, you don't still follow that load of shyte do you?" While their sons and daughters wear Man Utd shirts.

Yes, maybe their wankers, but that's not the point

The knock on effect over the decades is disastrous, several hundred thousand people who would have been United fans under normal circumstances have never been introduced to United by their older relatives because they're older relatives haven't got a single good thing to say about them.

This indicates a dying club. And that should worry people.

The club has been given three extremely lucky breaks under Bassett, Warnock and Wilder, lucky breaks that cost fuck all, there was no real planning, it just happened, it happened cheaply and unbelievably, and each time after relegation we ended up being a club not even good enough for the Championship.

That takes planning of epic proportions, and it's no wonder why so many Sheffield and South Yorkshire people who would normally be fans, never become fans.
I can see what you're saying MnM.
The thing with SUFC for me is that they will always be my club- as Chips says - you don't just give up on them .
Similarly the level , the commitment, the interest, the desire,the devouring every bit of news we all had 2 seasons ago declines in direct proportion to the scale of F. up achieved.
I know I'd watch any clip, any snippet of any news or coverage as we surprised the nation.Look how much busier this forum was then as an example.That appealed to the " we'll show 'em,we're that rufty tufty club that ruffles every other clubs feathers" approach that CW loved too ( something BTW that , regardless of any future achievements, he will NEVER experience again).

What is remarkable though is the SCALE of F*** up we achieve. 12 years to get back twice with a 3rd on the horizon. That makes the scale of support even more remarkable given the depth of the subsequent F ups we achieve.

We don't get relegated as much as freefall off a steep cliff.That is due, as you say, to the lack of any plan, any cohesion throughout the club. Lurching from one disaster ( in football terms) is no business plan but it's a model we favour.
The lost potential is massive , Sheffield and the wider region is there for the taking- yes, there'll always be the rump (pork butt?) of pigs but present & future generations are incresingly fickle and will ally themselves to success far faster than the dyed in the wool supportes of the past ( us!) but no club has the nous to see this, exploit it or even seem to want it.( cf the N west- there's plenty of clubs but Manure have that market sewn up).

As I write this I realise you're right.What other major city could have such untapped potential and seem to actively want to ignore it?