The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread

And to all those who say the Scottish prem is a 2 team league, you need to take a look at our own league, since the prem began 29 seasons ago, 23 of those titles have gone to 3 teams, so considering there’s only 12 teams in the SPL and 20 in EPL we’re in no position to point and laugh.

Rangers and Celtic have 106 league titles between them, the rest of Scottish football put together only 19. Its nearly always been 2 teams.
I do take your point though and think there is a bit of arrogance with English people about the PL. There are good players/managers out there who haven't been in it

Do some more reading about Beale. An interesting and seemingly very highly rated young coach who took on the challenge of leaving Liverpool U21s to be assistant coach at Sao Paolo for a year before coming back. Beale sounds like an absolute star in the making, even if Gerrard isn't.
I agree, I have read some really positive things about this guy, including the fact that several Championship clubs have looked at him as possible manager material, including Cardiff who have apparently considered him recently after sacking McCarthy, SG wasn't my first choice but I have slowly come around to the idea, especially as it seems to be a good package deal, a Head Coach and a pretty decent backroom team.

The stepping stone argument is complete bollocks.

Don't mind people questioning his credentials. But stepping stone slepping stone.

I think you are right. He might go to Liverpool when Klopp leaves but statistically, he's much more likely to get sacked by us within 12 months than go to Liverpool in 2 years.

Add in that any manager would leave us for Liverpool, including Dean Smith and I think it's not an issues except in the media where every good run will lead to questions about him replacing Klopp at Liverpool and every bad run will lead to questions about if he's really ready to replace Klopp at Liverpool. Whatever happens at Aston Villa will be overshadowed by the Gerrard to Liverpool narrative.

It's going to be constant and it'll wind us up no end, just like every time Houllier mentioned Liverpool.

"From what I know, he seems to demand hard work and professionalism - that's all we need!" Nope we need a lot more, much better team organisation for a start.

"The old firm derby and Europe, are experiences not to be sniffed at! Smith did not even have those credentials." So our derbies with Blues count for nothing... Gerrard's experiences in Europe are largely based on semi-automatic qualification and some wins against minnows.

Based on nothing but rivalry, we all think Villa Blues derby is the best in the world…..but if you look at the setup of their league, its based on pressure to win the league and get into Europe, where money is hard to come by and winning against your rivals stretches the gap at the top. That’s a pressure beyond fan rivalry. I mean, it’s also religious, but that points for another day.
Imagine Blues and Villa being the 2 best teams in the league, and beating each other predominantly means winning that league and getting UCL football….thats massive pressure.

I agree, I have read some really positive things about this guy, including the fact that several Championship clubs have looked at him as possible manager material, including Cardiff who have apparently considered him recently after sacking McCarthy, SG wasn't my first choice but I have slowly come around to the idea, especially as it seems to be a good package deal, a Head Coach and a pretty decent backroom team.

Is this a bit of satire or sarcasm?