Coronavirus | Page 759 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Is it wrong my first reaction when I heard this was to giggle and say 'there's a surprise'.

I posted a few months ago I though this was always going to be a sham policy, merely to get people to get the vaccine (which I don’t disagree with that tactic).

I’m at the point we have to move on now, so I’m not overly fussed either way whether they’re brought in or not.

My niece. The only way she was getting her second jab was to go clubbing. She had a bit of a reaction to the first and didn't want it again. Well she doesn't have to now does she .
Pathetic.

Nice to know we've all got relatives who are dumb af

My brother had the gall to tell me vaccinations are the reason for variants after listening to some nonsense on Joe Rogan. Then he said the vaccines aren't better than the immune system because 54% of new cases in Ireland are vaccinated.

Yes bro but we've 90% of the country vaccinated so you're talking 4.5M people account for 54% but 46% is representative of 500k people. That shows beyond a shadow of a doubt its more effective than your immune system.

Disagreed with me if you can believe it.

Just saw this on villabrownie's facebook post

97.5% not vaccinated says it all, the vaccines help!!!!!!!!!!!

lermont County Public Health
9 September at 15:45 ·
Since January 1, 2021 22,132 Ohioans have been hospitalized due to COVID-19. 97.5% of those hospitalized were not fully vaccinated. All three COVID vaccines are highly effective in reducing your chances of becoming severely ill or even dying.

Re vaccine passports, Sajid Javid says government are “not comfortable” with the idea of people having to produce papers to travel/get into places/etc.

Can this be the same government falling over itself to make it a legal requirement that we have to produce photo ID in order to cast our votes at polling stations, in order to combat virtually nonexistent voter fraud?

The government aren't doing enough to create vaccine incentives. Stopping 'young' people from doing a lot of things they like as they'd need a passport would be a good idea.

Re vaccine passports, Sajid Javid says government are “not comfortable” with the idea of people having to produce papers to travel/get into places/etc.

Can this be the same government falling over itself to make it a legal requirement that we have to produce photo ID in order to cast our votes at polling stations, in order to combat virtually nonexistent voter fraud?

Vaccination status is on the app on your phone here. You have to show it going in anywhere, even into the park.

He definitely nailed a few things but the bigger he got the more he leaned into his stronger views. He nailed the military-industrial complex and successfully rebutted many talking points on both the right and left.

However he always had those fringe undercurrents and I am not talking about Alex Jones, who I think he had on for his own entertainment. I mean the fringe "scientists" and physical health people who pushed many things that aren't widely known or excepted.

He's like the perfect example of a conflicted human. Simultaneously laughing a people who took the bible word for word while praising the US constitution in all its glory. For some reason, we should blindly accept the words of people 200 years ago but not those from 2000 years ago.

Anyway, he could do so much good with a few words, and yet his devil's advocate approach to everything and fake curiosity has sewn millions of seeds of doubt. Someone on reddit nailed it really well, he's like the chieftain king who summons great minds from all over the empire to explain how the world works. And he is the one who decides who and what is true.

Rogan hosts a show. Part of that show's success is because he is willing to talk to people from all walks of life. I guess the 3 hour duration holds some weight because nobody gives a shit what Jimmy Kimmel thinks about Covid.

In fairness to him, he is good at getting people talking and keeping the conversation going. 3 hours is a long time.

Rogan hosts a show. Part of that show's success is because he is willing to talk to people from all walks of life. I guess the 3 hour duration holds some weight because nobody gives a shit what Jimmy Kimmel thinks about Covid.

In fairness to him, he is good at getting people talking and keeping the conversation going. 3 hours is a long time.

I used to love listening to him but the Canary in the coal mine for me was his idea that depression and anxiety can be solely beaten by being fit and healthy. Unfortunately like any media personality people will take them at their word and a significant amount of people are incredibly distrustful of their Government and other "experts"

People like my brother Mark, and as my other brother said, people like Mark think they're strong-willed and informed but the truth is they're actually easily led. My brother also makes disagreeing a sport and has told family and friends many times on different topics "you won't change my mind". So he has to come to the conclusion himself and I think what forced him into the vaccine was he wouldn't be let into see his second child be born without it.

So I totally agree with everyone on here because its the only solution. If they want it to be "their choice" force them into it being the only choice or make it mandatory testing every 72 hours. You can do that in Ireland and England without too much controversy I would have thought.

Its a hotter topic in America because there is a risk of segregation with minority communities who distrust the vaccine and supposedly only 30% of the minority communities are getting the vaccine.

I used to love listening to him but the Canary in the coal mine for me was his idea that depression and anxiety can be solely beaten by being fit and healthy. Unfortunately like any media personality people will take them at their word and a significant amount of people are incredibly distrustful of their Government and other "experts"

People like my brother Mark, and as my other brother said, people like Mark think they're strong-willed and informed but the truth is they're actually easily led. My brother also makes disagreeing a sport and has told family and friends many times on different topics "you won't change my mind". So he has to come to the conclusion himself and I think what forced him into the vaccine was he wouldn't be let into see his second child be born without it.

So I totally agree with everyone on here because its the only solution. If they want it to be "their choice" force them into it being the only choice or make it mandatory testing every 72 hours. You can do that in Ireland and England without too much controversy I would have thought.

Its a hotter topic in America because there is a risk of segregation with minority communities who distrust the vaccine and supposedly only 30% of the minority communities are getting the vaccine.

What does your GF make of vaccine hesitancy in minority communities?

What does your GF make of vaccine hesitancy in minority communities?

The Tuskegee study is one of the main drivers and one of many reasons most minorities don't trust governmental institutions. Generally, minorities don't receive the greatest care either. An example is black children have higher rates of mortality under white care. There is a lot of other medical issues and things like that that have been done too I just don't know them all. Then you can toss in the issues with the police and local authorities too for good measure.

You can't just say its a lack of education and to some degree, you can't even say its all background. My GFs friend was born and bred in Bedstuy NYC, she has a Master's in clinical psychology and works a 6 figure job. She won't get it. Our neighbor is black and he's from Kansas, he's a really high-up hiring manager for a huge company in the Bay Area and he won't get it.

I don't know how you overcome it, facts and data don't work, community outreach isnt great either. The people I named have always been pretty reasonable yet they've very nicely dismissed my questions.

Just saw this on villabrownie's facebook post

97.5% not vaccinated says it all, the vaccines help!!!!!!!!!!!

lermont County Public Health
9 September at 15:45 ·
Since January 1, 2021 22,132 Ohioans have been hospitalized due to COVID-19. 97.5% of those hospitalized were not fully vaccinated. All three COVID vaccines are highly effective in reducing your chances of becoming severely ill or even dying.

Brilliant, so let’s start investing in the developing world to get those who want to be vaccinated out there and stop fucking about wasting a disproportional amount of time on the 20% of idiots here who don’t want to be vaccinated OR are low risk where the vaccine risk outweighs the covid risk.

Unless there is an argument it impacts herd immunity, on an individual basis I’m past caring if people are or aren’t vaccinated.

A UK-wide programme of booster jabs to tackle Covid will be confirmed later, the BBC understands.
Ministers are expected to announce jabs for over-50s as part of a Covid winter plan, after advice from the JCVI.
BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said the booster would be a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine at least six months after a second dose.

And when they say 'expected to announce' they mean it has been leaked so people are ready for the news!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58552389