Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 134 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Couldn't agree more,seems to have gone backwards. Needs a loan to a League 2 side.
It’s like he’s gone into his shell. Last season he was thrown into the team and there wasn’t loads of expectation on his shoulders. This season we’re a team who expect to be challenging at the other end of the table and that brings a whole load more pressure. He is also not blessed with loads of pace and that is a problem when we need our full backs to attack and put crosses in for Wyke and co

It’s like he’s gone into his shell. Last season he was thrown into the team and there wasn’t loads of expectation on his shoulders. This season we’re a team who expect to be challenging at the other end of the table and that brings a whole load more pressure. He is also not blessed with loads of pace and that is a problem when we need our full backs to attack and put crosses in for Wyke and co
Yes I agree, I think because we were under the cosh so much last season he impressed with his tackling ability. His attacking ability isn't the best and he is miles off the standard required at the moment.

Perhaps a loan will help him and he comes back better than when he left and able to challenge for a spot. But for me the jury is out, then again he is still only a young lad.

Don't disagree he's not ready yet, but as cover for Bennett, he can get runs out off the bench every so often and get to know our squad and way of playing better.

I do rate him, but I think necessity meant he got thrown into the first XI too soon, which probably didn't do him any favours. Wouldn't object to him being loaned out one bit, but as cover and for an occasional sub appearance to run against tired legs, I think he's good enough for L1 level. I wouldn't be confident if he was a first team regular. Not sure which does him most favours in terms of development... regular starts in L2 or learning from some of the undoubtedly very good quality players we now have at Latics.

Seriously though he needs more development and experience in a lesser role where he's not as much relied on.
That place is here where he can develop at his own pace so club and player both benefit.

I heard Tom Pearce to Barnsley was still a maybe but he was sat with the rest of the first team at the back of the West Stand tonight. Not to say a deal couldn't be done but it clearly wasn't that close and not much time left to do it.

As I mentioned earlier I saw Kerr posing with the shirt at half time on the gangway above the box where tv studio games are set up. Tilt wasn't with him but it appears someone else saw Tilt doing the same that I missed.

So they are both ready to be confirmed.

Bennett is a very good bit of business. I've seen him as being free all summer but since we had 2 left backs I never thought we'd look at him. But after Pearce and Robinson's start to the season I am not shocked we got him in. He was a regular Championship and Prem right back for Cardiff and prior to his injury towards the end of last season was a starter every week. Apparently Cardiff even offered him a new deal but they couldn't agree terms (presumably length of deal) so he's not a player who's legs have gone he's still Championship standard and would have likely been starting for Cardiff if his contract hadn't expired.

Wonder if they are going to surprise us us a right back or anything else.

What is happening??? Has Calum Lang signed a 4 year deal or not. No official announcement. Has Kerr signed yet. Nothing official One signing announced so far. How long does it take for news that has more or less been a definite for several hours. Help

What is happening??? Has Calum Lang signed a 4 year deal or not. No official announcement. Has Kerr signed yet. Nothing official One signing announced so far. How long does it take for news that has more or less been a definite for several hours. Help

We sometimes have deals done for a while before we release the news. After all the paper work done they have to get the photos, make the hype videos, etc and then they want to time them to make a good impact.

Imagine if we announced Kerr, Bennett and Tilt as soon as they were done we'd probably confirmed them about 6pm and then fans would all be expecting more signings disappointed if there weren't any. So by announcing them a bit later it builds the anticipation and people go to bed happier. It's just marketing.

I can't imagine that Kerr will be coming to sit on the bench, so it will be very hard on Watts if he's dropped now. I expect that Kerr will be eased in, or we may have to go to a back three to accommodate Kerr, Watts and Whatmough. Tilt provides good cover (as does Long) at centre back, and Bennett is a brilliant addition. I would loan Robinson out to a League 1 club - I think he'll be a very good player in the future.