Death trap bridge | Page 2 | Vital Football

Death trap bridge

What a load of crap, so there as never been any trouble on the death trap.

Yes seen loads of bother on the canal bridge ive been involved in the odd skirmish as well, i have also seen bother on all the streets named above, also T'hen hole on Gidlow Lane, Pear Tree pub on Frog Lane, The Brick, Wigan Town centre, Wigan Train Station, Park Road, Springfield. what do you suggest we do with that lot on matchdays?

Police it properly, stop the pissing about on the canal bridge, no problem!

Edit, and stop the selfish motorists parking in the side streets around Springfield, use the stadium car parks.

Fully agreed .

This might sound like a piss-take, but I'm being absolutely genuine ........ now this is the kind of stuff that the Crowdfunder money could have been used for ... unless, like you say, that it's actually the responsibility of the club to ensure safe access/egress to/from the ground and it's surrounding areas ... in which case, Talal needs to get to B&Q and at the very least, buy a few new bulbs.

Its actually a good (or would have been) suggestion. Some replacement lighting and new slip proof treads on the metal steps would make a difference as it’s pretty precarious in its current state, particularly in the wet and dark.

Its actually a good (or would have been) suggestion. Some replacement lighting and new slip proof treads on the metal steps would make a difference as it’s pretty precarious in its current state, particularly in the wet and dark.

Fuck me mate what do you wear on your feet? Get yourself a pair of Skechers. :thumbup:

A young un slipped down it after the Rotherham game, she got up and dusted herself off she was OK thankfully.
Some wag on the bridge then shouted she needed booking for taking a dive 😂

My main gripe is the roads after the railway bridge, Beresford St, Meadow St, Railway St, Foster St, etc etc, bloody cars pulling out, reversing, some dickheads even attempting 3 point turns, if there are going to be injuries its because of these selfish gets, ample parking space on the stadium car parks use them FFS!

What a selfish bunch of *****, how dare motorists use the roads for driving their cars on. Get a grip lad, you'll be complaing theres water in the canal next.

What a selfish bunch of *****, how dare motorists use the roads for driving their cars on. Get a grip lad, you'll be complaing theres water in the canal next.

I bet you're one of the out of towners that clog up the streets around Springfield, people cant park were they live, get their driveways blocked and if they complain they get verbally abused or threatened by the selfish bastards that are too tight to pay on a car park.

The bridge would probably get freed up a bit if these selfish tossers used the car parks.

I bet you're one of the out of towners that clog up the streets around Springfield, people cant park were they live, get their driveways blocked and if they complain they get verbally abused or threatened by the selfish bastards that are too tight to pay on a car park.

The bridge would probably get freed up a bit if these selfish tossers used the car parks.
Grow up you tart, I pay road tax so I'll park where fuck I want. I don't block drives and always park legally.
Owning a house gives the owner no right whatsoever to be able to park outside it, and if they aren't parked up by 7.00pm at night, then they are hardly likely to need to use the space.
You stay on the footpath and I'll stick to the road, if our paths cross, hopefully you will be fast enough to get out of the way.

Grow up you tart, I pay road tax so I'll park where fuck I want. I don't block drives and always park legally.
Owning a house gives the owner no right whatsoever to be able to park outside it, and if they aren't parked up by 7.00pm at night, then they are hardly likely to need to use the space.
You stay on the footpath and I'll stick to the road, if our paths cross, hopefully you will be fast enough to get out of the way.

Selfish prick!

If you parked in front of my house you wouldn't be driving back, guaranteed!

Bigger bridge For one. Better control off away fans. It’s really hard to believe the police have never closed it. Over the years. Every away fan knows about that bridge. But the point most are saying it was pitch black and very dangerous for older and young fans. And a accident waiting to happen.

Do you drive to matches, if so were do you park?

Wonder if you will be saying the same. If a brick it’s you on the head god forbid on Tuesday night. Going over the bridge.

Difference is John i have to cross that bridge to get to and from the match.
Unless i walk around 2 miles there and back in all weathers, plenty others like yourself can avoid it but wont then moan on here.

Simple solution, use the stadium car parks.

You say the bridge is safe so your ok with it. A lot not just me say it’s not

But you dont have to use it, plenty haven't much choice especially the older fans amongst us.

That bridge is a God send to some especially Springfield residents, seems like you want your cake and eat it to me fella.

There's absolutely no doubt that on night matches, it's way too dark around the bridge.

If nothing else, it would make sense for the club to support an improvement to the lighting on and around the bridge ... and maybe extend the tarmac'd area in front of the steps, to as to get rid of the midden that's normally there.

John, i can assure you i have read all the posts thoroughly on this thread that is why i am countering the argument that the bridge is unsafe as i use it all the time not only on match days.

I agree the bridge is unsafe when dickhead away fans decide to have a pop at us when crossing that bridge but that is down to lack of Police in attendance, what i don't agree with is people moaning about it being slippy and poor lighting when fans like you have an alternative but refuse to use it because you like a pint with your mates before a game in Woodhouse Lane, or would rather clog up side streets around Springfield to save a fiver in car parking fees, you can't have it both ways mate, sorry!

I'll say again John you have an alternative use it if you think your safety on the bridge is being compromised.

There is not one complaint about the bridge when people are travelling g towards the stadium so the bridge is not the problem it is fit for purpose 99.9% of the time fans leaving the stadium are the ones causing the issues.
There is a simple solution, use some temporary crowd control barriers to funnel the footfall as it comes over the River Douglas Bridge at the south east corner of the stadium, that way people will arrive at the steps in single file or two abreast, overcrowding solved.