The player who left thread | Page 520 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

What will make me feel better is some media from the club....Mings, John etc all saying that despite him leaving everyone is optimistic.
I am sure they are, but from the emotional mind set of fans, you just assume that they feel like you do, and they no longer believe....or feel the place is empty without him.

Seeing him play against us next season will be bizzare, and probably for him too.

I genuinely think we'll do them next season. DS will use it as motivation.

With regards to Dean, I feel sorry for him, as it probably feels like he's lost a son. Dean love's Villa.... we'd hope Jack had loves it as much.

Onwards and upwards. If we pump Watford and the new boys settle, I think all will be forgotten.

Sounds like it, or Pursow is trying to be a smart arse
him, his old man and agent supposedly met City reps and agreed he'd go back in December -
just a matter of City deciding to stump up and him not changing his mind in the meantime I guess.
Can't imagine it comes completely out of the blue at our end with him already wanting the clause.

thought the chat about 3 to replace him a bit wanky tbh - just say we're better overall and fo

I agree with what Christian Purslow said. Paraphrase "That the club now has the chance too be more than 1 man dependent"

Bye Jack. I don't know how you could. There was a report the other day about the gamble this is for Grealish.

Gerrard became a legend. He couldn't bring himself to go to Chelsea from Liverpool.

There is no legendary status for you Jack now at VP. We have seen it go wrong for many who leave. Will it for you? We will see. I'm sure the bank balance won't suffer.

You put money above your club. I don't wish you anything bad. I'm just not interested anymore.

Time to change my avatar. I don't want Jack on it anymore

Even Gabby (unfortunately) walked out of Utd as he couldn't bring himself to leave Villa. Just a pity it turned our like it did

Purslow confirming the release clause at the same time jack is announced at Citeh.

This whole thing is so orchestrated between the three parties on the dot. And has been for probably 6-8 weeks if you ask me.

Yeah incredible really, I wouldn't be surprised if it were done before a ball was kicked at the Euro's.

I am just curious if we had almost like an NDA in place and we could dictate when, where and how or if Jack also wanted that in place to protect himself as well.

Buendia may also have been bought in anticipation of the inevitable and not as a response to a direct bid.

Liked the statement from Purslow. As for Jack's statement he's still playing the Mr Aston Villa card when we now know he wanted a get out clause in his contract and valued Champions league football more than playing for his beloved club, he then signed that contract and went on camera pledging his love and loyalty. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to naivety rather than anything nasty but he didn't half lead a lot of our younger fanbase on.

Anyway, that's that. Watching his interviews and looking at the pr pictures it all seems somewhat artificial and empty which is what he has gone in for. I am looking forward to enjoying a season where we aren't just reliant on him.

Has jack said anything about leaving his boyhood club or has he now had a dream since 2019 to play for some wanky club who play in sky blue?

I’m jumping the gun but I feel he’s played on the “boyhood club” thing more for his image and PR to raise his profession than there is sincerity in it. And that’s what hurts me the most, I feel used.

Just this - sums up how I feel

I never thought him leaving would end like this, but we will put it behind us and carry on improving, i'm sure of that.

I agree with what Christian Purslow said. Paraphrase "That the club now has the chance too be more than 1 man dependent"

Bye Jack. I don't know how you could. There was a report the other day about the gamble this is for Grealish.

Gerrard became a legend. He couldn't bring himself to go to Chelsea from Liverpool.

There is no legendary status for you Jack now at VP. We have seen it go wrong for many who leave. Will it for you? We will see. I'm sure the bank balance won't suffer.

You put money above your club. I don't wish you anything bad. I'm just not interested anymore.

Time to change my avatar. I don't want Jack on it anymore

Even Gabby (unfortunately) walked out of Utd as he couldn't bring himself to leave Villa. Just a pity it turned our like it did

Gerrard was set on signing for Chelsea until the threats started from some seriously nasty scousers.

Thank you for everything ❤️

I’ve been at Aston Villa for 19 years and I’ve been a fan my whole life. I’ve come up through the ranks and captained my club back to the top tier of English football. It’s impossible to put my feelings into words, but I’ll try.

When I first came to Villa I had my own personal dreams and ambitions like getting into the first team, scoring my first goal & scoring the winner in a derby. It wasn’t until we got relegated that I felt a greater sense of purpose.

Every time I put on the Villa shirt I played with my heart on my sleeve, being given the armband was both a privilege and an honour for me and my family and I’ve loved every minute of it.

I want to thank the manager and my teammates, I’ll never forget everything we achieved together... and to the fans who have supported me through everything, I can’t thank you enough.

To all my coaches and all the people who work at the club behind the scenes who have done so much for me over the years - thank you.

I’ll always be a Villa fan - I love this club with all my heart & I hope you understand my reasons for seeking a new challenge. The club are in great hands, the manager, the lads, the new signings coming in - it’s an exciting times to be a Villa fan.

I’ll see you all again soon.

Until next time.

UTV

Jack
Sorry - I don't buy this shit. If you aren't with us you are against us, so stick your thanks and platitudes up your arse. If he thinks that he can swan back in after his 'dream' at Abu Dhabi City is over and all will be forgotten he is wrong.
Your salary comes at the expense of some people's suffering and as such you have blood on your hands.

I think we'll all move on pretty quickly, maybe most of us are already doing that. All that could be said has been said. But to summarise, for me the two things which cheese me (and maybe others) off the most are:
1) the club has put a huge amount of effort in trying to strengthen the link between Jack and the club, which Jack has shrugged off. It's something when the owners have a better, much better, appreciation of what Villa is about than a so-called lifelong fan.
2) his attitude to his career is still that of a 6 year old.

There's a saying. You can't make a silk purse out of a chav's ear.

Last edited:
To be fair, and when players leave I hate to be fair, he does have to say something to his new fans. He can't say it is average being here really and I love Villa more.

It just is what it is, for us it is a life, for most players, it is a career.

Said all along it will down to him, I am so confident our club and owners will be gutted and will have done all they could to keep him, but when players want something else, that is it. His head was turned before, so no surprise to me I have to say.

Still hate it... but we would wouldn't we? It is football, it is tribal!

impressed with the Purslow speech, thought it was very clear and exactly what I needed to hear. I did worry that it meant we weren't signing anyone else, but it also shows we aren't desperate and are less likely to get our pants pulled down paying 40 million for someone like Cantwell!

It didn't put Grealish in a great light either, without being overtly negative towards him. If what Purslow said was true, seemed like we really wanted to keep him and were held to ransom. Even the most optimistic villa fan wouldn't have thought we could make the chump league in one season, so a weird ultimatum from Grealish.

I will be a very happy camper if Citeh's CL ban gets reinstated.