The player who left thread | Page 519 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Good straight talking from Purslow. Glad he didn't thank Jack for his time with us and wish him well for the future. Made it clear that Jack wanted gongs, now, and that was it.

Didn't take it as no more signings. He said Buendia, Bailey and Ings were seen as between them replacing Jack's talents. But if Jack had stayed we'd still have been making other signings.

Which makes me wonder when they knew because we signed Buendia and Young early, so that couldn't have been to replace Jack as he hadn't told them then
i think we have known for months and as i thought the 3 signings are to replace Grealish directly. He didn't rule out further signings either

Has jack said anything about leaving his boyhood club or has he now had a dream since 2019 to play for some wanky club who play in sky blue?

I’m jumping the gun but I feel he’s played on the “boyhood club” thing more for his image and PR to raise his profession than there is sincerity in it. And that’s what hurts me the most, I feel used.

whats he said

Thank you for everything ❤️

I’ve been at Aston Villa for 19 years and I’ve been a fan my whole life. I’ve come up through the ranks and captained my club back to the top tier of English football. It’s impossible to put my feelings into words, but I’ll try.

When I first came to Villa I had my own personal dreams and ambitions like getting into the first team, scoring my first goal & scoring the winner in a derby. It wasn’t until we got relegated that I felt a greater sense of purpose.

Every time I put on the Villa shirt I played with my heart on my sleeve, being given the armband was both a privilege and an honour for me and my family and I’ve loved every minute of it.

I want to thank the manager and my teammates, I’ll never forget everything we achieved together... and to the fans who have supported me through everything, I can’t thank you enough.

To all my coaches and all the people who work at the club behind the scenes who have done so much for me over the years - thank you.

I’ll always be a Villa fan - I love this club with all my heart & I hope you understand my reasons for seeking a new challenge. The club are in great hands, the manager, the lads, the new signings coming in - it’s an exciting times to be a Villa fan.

I’ll see you all again soon.

Until next time.

UTV

Jack

Will close the thread in a few days, will let people have their say until then though.

I can't help but think that is a great price for a player with so many injuries and the shin thing could keep happening.

I won't miss the playing for fouls, I know I was in the minority, just isn't my sort of thing, in fact, I hate it. Yes, he gets the treatment, but you can see how he (it is clever I guess) plays for them as well. they call it professional these days, as some of the ex players I know say, they used to call it cheating.

What I am gutted for, is those of you who were so sure he was staying, he was different, and so on. I never had that feeling (the talk a few weeks ago from people close had me doubting my 'hard' stance that money talks) ... so as said, genuinely sorry for you guys.

But do feel we are more balanced now, we will be less one dimensional, albeit I did of course want to see another season with him along with the new signings, but if this is his dream come true, then frankly, sod him!

Will close the thread in a few days, will let people have their say until then though.

I can't help but think that is a great price for a player with so many injuries and the shin thing could keep happening.

I won't miss the playing for fouls, I know I was in the minority, just isn't my sort of thing, in fact, I hate it. Yes, he gets the treatment, but you can see how he (it is clever I guess) plays for them as well. they call it professional these days, as some of the ex players I know say, they used to call it cheating.

What I am gutted for, is those of you who were so sure he was staying, he was different, and so on. I never had that feeling (the talk a few weeks ago from people close had me doubting my 'hard' stance that money talks) ... so as said, genuinely sorry for you guys.

But do feel we are more balanced now, we will be less one dimensional, albeit I did of course want to see another season with him along with the new signings, but if this is his dream come true, then frankly, sod him!
agree in the longer term its for the best , but it hurts right now

I’ve been at Aston Villa for 19 years and I’ve been a fan my whole life. I’ve come up through the ranks and captained my club back to the top tier of English football. It’s impossible to put my feelings into words, but I’ll try.

When I first came to Villa I had my own personal dreams and ambitions like getting into the first team, scoring my first goal & scoring the winner in a derby. It wasn’t until we got relegated that I felt a greater sense of purpose.

Every time I put on the Villa shirt I played with my heart on my sleeve, being given the armband was both a privilege and an honour for me and my family and I’ve loved every minute of it.

I want to thank the manager and my teammates, I’ll never forget everything we achieved together... and to the fans who have supported me through everything, I can’t thank you enough.

To all my coaches and all the people who work at the club behind the scenes who have done so much for me over the years - thank you.

I’ll always be a Villa fan - I love this club with all my heart & I hope you understand my reasons for seeking a new challenge. The club are in great hands, the manager, the lads, the new signings coming in - it’s an exciting times to be a Villa fan.

Until next time.

UTV

Jack
Wonder who wrote that statement for him.

I don’t wish him I’ll but my attitude to Jack is the same as my attitude to Blues or Albion. If we’re not playing them they’re not relevant.
Goodbye Jack and thanks for the memories but Villa goes on.

I lost all respect for him when he stuck 2 fingers up to the covid rules and he was very lucky after the incident at Dickens Heath. I'm sure if the police had been quicker on the scene when he crashed his car the story would have been totally different. We have backed him through thick and thin but all along he was dreaming of playing for someone else. The guy has no conscience otherwise he wouldn't be drawing his wages from such a corrupt setup that tortures it's own countrymen and women. He's basically sold his soul to the devil and I hope he's never welcomed back to VP. Purslow seemed totally pissed off with what he'd done and I suspect NSWE are feeling the same.

That's it then. Dead to me. I have no interest in him or his future.

Please don't post any pictures of him in that shirt, and please don't quote him saying about how fantastic it all is.

I hope we continue to play our exciting brand of football and if we finish in the top 7 this coming season I will be thrilled.

Hope Dean uses this to motivate the side to greatness.

Until next time.

UTV

Jack

Sounds about as plastic and false as the "Dream Club" he's signed for.