The player who left thread | Page 471 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Someone on twitter has echoed my thoughts, in that I'm concerned the media team haven't said anything specifically about Jack coming back... usually a post with "Welcome back captain", training videos etc. Nothing.

He has also posted nothing on his socials.

I can only assume he is literally in two minds.

When both signings Young and Buendia didn’t mention Grealish when asked who are they looking forward to playing with it was another signal for me, mentioned it at the time.

So I reckon they’ve came in in the knowledge that Jack could be going, an if that’s the case we did bloody well attracting Buendia when he could of gone to Arsenal.

Our recruitment team can persuade class players to join us, Buendia, Young and Bailey but we can’t convince our die hard Villa fan that’s been at the club 19 years to spearhead us into Europe.

Saw people muttering on Twitter that it would be either Grealish or Kane. I'm praying that Levy gives up the goods now! Seems to make sense to me. Would be mental to buy both, Citeh need a striker. Kane gone on strike. Am I clutching at straws here? If only the fly in the ointment wasn't Levy!

Kane not going in for training is a good sign he wants out and will get it

When both signings Young and Buendia didn’t mention Grealish when asked who are they looking forward to playing with it was another signal for me, mentioned it at the time.

So I reckon they’ve came in in the knowledge that Jack could be going, an if that’s the case we did bloody well attracting Buendia when he could of gone to Arsenal.

Our recruitment team can persuade class players to join us, Buendia, Young and Bailey but we can’t convince our die hard Villa fan that’s been at the club 19 years to spearhead us into Europe.

Which is what disappoints me. I said it previously, IF Jack goes... it's because he wanted to, and that's a bit rough to take.. especially when we are in THE best position we've been for a long long time.

if we've spent the £100m Grealish funds on them 3 thats a bitter pill to take. I would hope the £100m is for further players as we will be needing them badly

if we've spent the £100m Grealish funds on them 3 thats a bitter pill to take. I would hope the £100m is for further players as we will be needing them badly

Rumour has it we’re putting that 100m straight to Dortmund to test their resolve after rejecting Chelsea’s 85m bid for Haaland 😂

I think Prowse and Bailey deals would be without selling Jack, possible loan deals like Tuanzebe and Abraham might be perm deals alongside a top Grealish replacement, at this point of the transfer window makes more sense bringing a couple of players in that already know Aston Villa and the league, even if they’re not quite what we need.

Just to try and sure us up for Europe, massive task without Jack.

This is also what Stan Collymore said.

"Securing £100m for a player who has played half of his career to date in the Championship, narrowly avoided relegation, had a mid-table Premier League finish and missed chunks of the last two seasons is a great deal for all involved.”