Josh Griffiths Set To Sign? | Vital Football

Josh Griffiths Set To Sign?

Didn’t have a bad season at Cheltenham at all 🥇🏆 so would be a great signing in my book. Then again, are we looking at going for rush goalies this season?

Similar to Palmer last year. Very good season at L2 level, winning a medal with Cheltenham before coming to us for the step up.
My sole (minor) concern is that he is only 19 and Sam is 18. Very young for goalkeepers.
I wonder if the plan is still to loan Sam out and bring in a very experienced keeper as our number 2 on a 12 month deal. Similar to the Gilks signing perhaps

Is Griffiths below Palmer in the pecking order at The Hawthorns then?
It will be interesting to see how many games Alex starts next season?

Has felt like Griffiths has been set to sign all summer! Following the same path as Palmer really as Sedgley says, good season in League Two then up a level. When I read Cheltenham comments a bit ago he seemed decent although maybe a bit more suspect with kicking; not sure how direct they were and if that's long kicking or out the back(!)

Preferred choice would have been Palmer back but seems to have a similar pedigree so likely a great signing in any case.

Similar to others, would like to see a more experienced keeper come in as back up as think it was said Long is going out on loan.

Is Griffiths below Palmer in the pecking order at The Hawthorns then?
It will be interesting to see how many games Alex starts next season?

Probably none if they don't sell Johnstone. Even then it seemed like they might then go to Button who has started the pre-season games I think (in which case, why would Palmer still want to be there!)

Maybe he could end up available longer term if he doesn't win that battle with Button to be no.1?

Preferred choice would have been Palmer back but seems to have a similar pedigree so likely a great signing in any case.

Similar to others, would like to see a more experienced keeper come in as back up as think it was said Long is going out on loan.

Is there any point spending ££ on a backup if we can do what we did with Bursik last season? Some logic to having another body in the dressing room, but in an uneven league with some big spenders every penny counts?

Is there any point spending ££ on a backup if we can do what we did with Bursik last season? Some logic to having another body in the dressing room, but in an uneven league with some big spenders every penny counts?
Think there might be a rule that you have to have at least 2 GK’s registered in your squad. Not certain though.

Even if there isn’t, feels like a blatant attempt to cheat the emergency loan system.

It'd be a gamble. We were lucky with timing and Bursik being available, match fit and willing to play. The pool of goalkeepers available mid-season, for instance, would be far smaller.

It'd be a gamble. We were lucky with timing and Bursik being available, match fit and willing to play. The pool of goalkeepers available mid-season, for instance, would be far smaller.
Also lucky with his performance. He had played against just a couple of weeks before and not covered himself in glory in my opinion.

Welcome to the Imps Josh. Hope you enjoy your stay and play superbly. 👏👏

Eh? Not happened yet.

I imagine it is still caught up in a chain, although it could all resolve quickly:
WBA considering offers for Johnstone, which would leaving Button, Palmer and Griffiths in pecking order. Andy Lonergan has been offered chance to stay on as back-up, according to WBA report. If he accepts, Griffiths will be free to move on loan.