Our Fishy Friends | Page 56 | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

Reading that article, you can only wish the new owners well as they're clearly in it for the right reasons and understand the role a football club plays in its community.

Our ownership model is different (and for the purists, less 'genuine' with overseas investors) but from that article and knowing how Clive and the board operate, both clubs now have similar objectives after the Fenty shitshow.

The Cods fans will probably give it the big one and intimidate another small English Town .

They might just regret it if they do. About 20yrs ago i worked along side someone who had been a debt recovery manager within Anglian Water. Now AW covers a huge area encompassing alot of very big Towns and cities from just above the Thames to the Humber and we got talking about how rough certain places were (as in people not structure) and to my surprise and without hesitation, when asked which was the roughest, they replied Kings Lynn.

They might just regret it if they do. About 20yrs ago i worked along side someone who had been a debt recovery manager within Anglian Water. Now AW covers a huge area encompassing alot of very big Towns and cities from just above the Thames to the Humber and we got talking about how rough certain places were (as in people not structure) and to my surprise and without hesitation, when asked which was the roughest, they replied Kings Lynn.
Wisbech is up there too!

Latest news from up the A46 is that 2,270 season tickets have been sold.

Pretty commendable for a Division 5 side, but maybe not quite the surge that was expected now Fenty has departed? :unsure:

Latest news from up the A46 is that 2,270 season tickets have been sold.

Pretty commendable for a Division 5 side, but maybe not quite the surge that was expected now Fenty has departed? :unsure:

Tbh what does it matter about a non league team 2 divisions below us!

To be fair that’s a great effort - we’d get nowhere near that if we were ever to fall back down there.

I agree it's a respectable number for non league but think your basing your assumptions for our numbers based on history rather than what we could achieve with our current fan base. I believe we would smash that number now. Our level of support can no longer be seen as a flash in the pan, it's been consistent for several years now. Bound to be alot less if we ever fall that low but alot of our newer fans are hooked now whether they like it or not.

Good effort but let’s see what it is after a few bottom half finishes.
Anecdotally I think a few fans boycotted the Fenty era