Not Latics - Euros. | Page 32 | Vital Football

Not Latics - Euros.

Just me and you tonight then 😉
Venting a bit I know however whilst clearly some are racist the context is being lost
Personally fed up of our country being run down when if you check and take the EUs word for it we are the 2nd least racist country in Europe after Sweden.
Is our country perfect - by no means, however it seems if you listen to the MSM we should all be in sackcloth and ashes and the great strides made over the past 20-30 years are irrelevant.
IMO the current situation is stoking the fire and reversing the progress made over time at a rate of knots
Swedes v Laps, Finns, Russians in my experience.

In Finland the minority that is of Swedish extraction, yet run the country v Finns, indigenous Suomii, Laps

Johnson and Patel (who ironically is on the receiving end of racial abuse from those railing against racism btw) stated that freedom of speech allows taking of the knee whilst also allows those who disagree with it's political connertations to boo it.
That's not stoking anything it's confirming that we live in a free country.

Did you see how that went on GB TV, so much for freedom of speech/ opinion

And the vast vast majority of the abuse aimed at the lads at the weekend was also competence motivatedand rightly so in the case of Rashford and Sancho.
Saka was thrown under the bus by Southgate - nothing but sympathy for him from me.
Yes but he shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway. Apart from a couple of runs in a couple of games he didn't exactly set the tournament on fire.

Day 6 of 7....

Beautiful clear sky except this cloud that follows me around....nevermind Rome ( bastards ) wasn't built in a day.

Another regret is that the pitch invader wasn't Charlie boy....can you imagine the comedic levels if he had waddled onto the playing surface, kex round his ankles with a lit flare up his jacksy. I can only imagine the conversation in the Royal Box.

" Daddy ??? "

"Don't ask George, just leave it son "

Day 6 of 7....

Beautiful clear sky except this cloud that follows me around....nevermind Rome ( bastards ) wasn't built in a day.

Another regret is that the pitch invader wasn't Charlie boy....can you imagine the comedic levels if he had waddled onto the playing surface, kex round his ankles with a lit flare up his jacksy. I can only imagine the conversation in the Royal Box.

" Daddy ??? "

"Don't ask George, just leave it son "

Cheer up HindleyM, you could always be from Bolton & a Scotland supporter 😉

On the 7th day God ended his work and rested.

Are people intelligent enough not to hate...no came the reply from the cheap seats. I have 2 dogs who are unaware we lost last Sunday, or that young patriots were abused for having the wrong skin colour, or that floods happened over the last few days, or what the Chinese tried to inflict on the Tics....yet they seem constantly happy and a joy to be around. They never developed the need to hate and have advised me to look forward to next years world cup when it is coming home.

And the vast vast majority of the abuse aimed at the lads at the weekend was also competence motivatedand rightly so in the case of Rashford and Sancho.
Saka was thrown under the bus by Southgate - nothing but sympathy for him from me.

Even if it was competence based, it is wrong. The clue is in the name - abuse
And why would it be right to abuse Rashford and Sancho based on their competence? Aside from the fact abuse is never right, they came on with 30 seconds to go, took a penalty and missed. That's it. And they deserve to be abused for it?? Give your head a wobble

Comparing it to the previous missers also fails to understand the context in the different eras
When Pearce & Waddle missed, were their Facebook, twitter and Instagram feeds instantly deluged with Bell ends abusing them? No. They may have been slated in the pubs, clubs and workplaces but that was about it. By the time they started playing again they'd have got a bit of grief and then people moved on to their gripes in the domestic season
Beckham got the worst of it with David Beckham dartboards being printed in a paper (The Sun I think) & his effigy being hung in a few places but they were roundly condemned

Even if it was competence based, it is wrong. The clue is in the name - abuse
And why would it be right to abuse Rashford and Sancho based on their competence? Aside from the fact abuse is never right, they came on with 30 seconds to go, took a penalty and missed. That's it. And they deserve to be abused for it?? Give your head a wobble

Comparing it to the previous missers also fails to understand the context in the different eras
When Pearce & Waddle missed, were their Facebook, twitter and Instagram feeds instantly deluged with Bell ends abusing them? No. They may have been slated in the pubs, clubs and workplaces but that was about it. By the time they started playing again they'd have got a bit of grief and then people moved on to their gripes in the domestic season
Beckham got the worst of it with David Beckham dartboards being printed in a paper (The Sun I think) & his effigy being hung in a few places but they were roundly condemned
Don't think I said anywhere the abuse was warranted so won't be wobbling anything thanks.
As for SM feeds you will maybe recall that the versions of those times were papers - not as immediate but vilified none the less.
Players miss penalties in whatever era they get shit for it - it's not just been invented

Don't think I said anywhere the abuse was warranted so won't be wobbling anything thanks.
As for SM feeds you will maybe recall that the versions of those times were papers - not as immediate but vilified none the less.
Players miss penalties in whatever era they get shit for it - it's not just been invented

Err “the vast majority of the abuse aimed at the lads at the weekend was also competence motivated and rightly so”
Don’t know how you can say that you’re not saying the abuse (of their performance) wasn’t warranted so carry on wobbling

Also Like I said, there’s a massive difference in opening a paper and reading a handful of journalists having a pop, along with a handful of sad sack letter writers, and having your own personal social media accounts absolutely bombarded by utter gobshites

Yes players have always got shit for missing penalties but it’s much closer to home and personal now. It’s like bullying in schools - it’s always gone on and always will but at least back in the era of Italia 90 a kid could go home and get a break from it. Now they’re getting bombarded with it at home too as a result of social media

Err “the vast majority of the abuse aimed at the lads at the weekend was also competence motivated and rightly so”
Don’t know how you can say that you’re not saying the abuse (of their performance) wasn’t warranted so carry on wobbling

Also Like I said, there’s a massive difference in opening a paper and reading a handful of journalists having a pop, along with a handful of sad sack letter writers, and having your own personal social media accounts absolutely bombarded by utter gobshites

Yes players have always got shit for missing penalties but it’s much closer to home and personal now. It’s like bullying in schools - it’s always gone on and always will but at least back in the era of Italia 90 a kid could go home and get a break from it. Now they’re getting bombarded with it at home too as a result of social media
With an easy solution - come off social media !
As for competence based I was suggesting that should be the reason for criticism rather than any racist aspect as for me that should be the only basis for it.
It shouldn't matter if you're only on the pitch for a minute - if you are paid 10s of thousands a week putting the ball in the net from a pen is by definition a core competence.
My own criticism is reserved for the hapless manager who decided it was a good idea to do it and threw them under a bus.
So, still no wobbling tks.