The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 341 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've over thought things haven't they?

No. I'm afraid they didn't think about penalties against the Italians enough.
Donnarumma is taller than Peter Crouch, only built like a brick shithouse.
Any practising of penalties should have taken that into account, like practise putting the ball as close to the post as possible and in the top 2 feet of the goal. One of the few places a man his size would find difficult to reach. There is the other option of course, fire the ball straight down the middle.

Rashford was asking to miss. There’s no way someone can compute that many actions in the run up in their head and then get a clean strike in such a pressurised environment

They acted like Donnaruma was some sort of mug. He knew exactly what Rashford was trying to do and just stared him down. He got it wrong in the end but the presence and staying up as long as he did out Rashford off and forced him to make a choice first.

Yes, true, it is part of football, can't argue. I just always think there is an element of 'luck' as to which way the keeper leaps etc, and there is extreme one on one pressure, which for some, I guess, as they play in a team game, is unusual.

But the penalties, if practised, should have been taken far better than the nonsense especially of Rashfords.

Hate to disagree with you our great and mighty leader but, there is no luck as to which way a keeper 'leaps'.
A keeper watches the shooters body shape, especially his foot shape as the strike is being made, that tells you which way the ball is going, unless the striker is good enough to hit the ball with the rear half of his foot, if side-footing the ball, thereby sending the ball in the opposite direction, or of dragging his instep across the back of the ball, with the same result.
Saving a penalty is easier the longer a keeper waits to move.
Keepers are used to the pressure of one-on-one situations, it is after all, the nature of the game.

No. I'm afraid they didn't think about penalties against the Italians enough.
Donnarumma is taller than Peter Crouch, only built like a brick shithouse.
Any practising of penalties should have taken that into account, like practise putting the ball as close to the post as possible and in the top 2 feet of the goal. One of the few places a man his size would find difficult to reach. There is the other option of course, fire the ball straight down the middle.

I was talking about it from this perspective

1626101473289.png

Hate to disagree with you our great and mighty leader but, there is no luck as to which way a keeper 'leaps'.
A keeper watches the shooters body shape, especially his foot shape as the strike is being made, that tells you which way the ball is going, unless the striker is good enough to hit the ball with the rear half of his foot, if side-footing the ball, thereby sending the ball in the opposite direction, or of dragging his instep across the back of the ball, with the same result.
Saving a penalty is easier the longer a keeper waits to move.
Keepers are used to the pressure of one-on-one situations, it is after all, the nature of the game.

Keepers are definitely used to one-on-one, I was meaning the outfield players.

There is an element of luck, there is also the skill in trying to predict and watch. Not down-playing the keepers role.

I’m still fuming about the behaviour of the primitives who infest our game. I refer to the “fans” who got fuelled up, terrorised families, and abused lads who stepped up and took some responsibility. Our reputation has gone world wide. I got an email from my nephew in Denver. Not much sympathy for England there and all because of the arseholes who put on such a good show of being total twats.

I do wish they would, just every now and then, just stand there and not dive btw, as some are straight down the middle!

its hard to take in, the mrs cant believe, she knows the names of the players now, we blew our chance, mancini was like a rottweiler, bringing the subs on and basically we sat back, cant blame the players but having said that.
the defence did well the forwards run out of steam, and the subs were not up to standard, barring jack and fair play to jack for standing up for gareth over the keanos penalty fiasco,,seanie

The studs up challenge on Grealish was a red card as well. If only Grealish had started the game, honesty think we'd be sat here champions now

Keepers are definitely used to one-on-one, I was meaning the outfield players.

There is an element of luck, there is also the skill in trying to predict and watch. Not down-playing the keepers role.

There's nothing to predicting which way a striker is likely to put his shot.
Kane, like last night, usually hammers the ball to the keepers right.
Rashford normally takes his pens the way that he did last night, putting the ball just inside the keepers right hand post.
Fernandez for example will do his little hop and put the ball to the keepers left.
What's so hard in counting a penalty takers last ten penalties and seeing where he favours putting the ball.
It's pretty fucking basic.

I’m still fuming about the behaviour of the primitives who infest our game. I refer to the “fans” who got fuelled up, terrorised families, and abused lads who stepped up and took some responsibility. Our reputation has gone world wide. I got an email from my nephew in Denver. Not much sympathy for England there and all because of the arseholes who put on such a good show of being total twats.

What can you say at this point? They cleaned the game up for a while but once again football seems to be an excuse to act like a yob for many. An outlet to go mental. Bloody yobbos!!

The studs up challenge on Grealish was a red card as well. If only Grealish had started the game, honesty think we'd be sat here champions now

Have to disagree mate, there is enough leeway to think it was accidental, with his foot slipping off the top side of the ball. The one thing is, I thought that was his second booking but, he couldn't have been booked otherwise he'd have been off.

To go off on a bit of a tangent, when I watch any major final I sometimes wonder about how many in the crowd are there for a jolly, taking the place of a true fan. Made my blood boil when I saw Tom fuckin Cruise. An American film actor who probably had to have someone explain the offside rule to him. You could probably have filled Wembley several times over with real football fans who have either followed England religiously or followed their club through thick and thin.

Could have said much the same when he was at the Wimbledon final earlier in the day. Gets around that boy.

England fans were a disgrace throughout. Just utterly odious.

To go off on a bit of a tangent, when I watch any major final I sometimes wonder about how many in the crowd are there for a jolly, taking the place of a true fan. Made my blood boil when I saw Tom fuckin Cruise. An American film actor who probably had to have someone explain the offside rule to him. You could probably have filled Wembley several times over with real football fans who have either followed England religiously or followed their club through thick and thin.

Could have said much the same when he was at the Wimbledon final earlier in the day. Gets around that boy.
selfish pricks who have no shame or empathy for the true fans

Not sure if it is a bot or not. But given how unruly English fans can be those clips look credible to me. As for No context, no informed opinion, no build up, seconds of a clip, does that mean any clip that does not meet those requirements are untrue?

Yes, because the context of what you don't get shown usually disproves the entire thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.