The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 325 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southgates approach got us to a final and it’s hard to argue with that.

however, it’s always rubbish losing something like this with questions of “what if?”.

what if he’d been more positive, what if he’d made changes earlier, what if he didn’t bring players on 3 mins before the end just to take a penalty, etc.

horrid for Saka :-(
It's easy to argue with it. It's like Brian Clough when he left Leeds and won the league at Forest

If that kid Saka is getting abuse it’s a disgrace. The kid stepped up when senior players bottled it.

I feel sorry for Saka. Should never have been brought on in a cup final in a game like that. He’s a kid, he looks like a kid and he plays like a kid.

He’s a decent talent but he isn’t the balls of steel and confidence you need to even come on, let alone give him a penalty.

Not his fault of course, just doing what he’s told.

Last edited:
Well I’m up in 5.5 hours for work, night all, remember fans probably had a lot to drink, emotional, not everyone is going to make sense or might overreact so don’t take anything to heart in the comments or on Twitter.

What the hell do you mean by that.

Are you looking at me.

Night mate.

Nope. We were fine the first half. Credit to Italy they didn't let us get going in the second half. A game of few chances. You have to say Italy were better as a team. We lost an edge up front and you can debate why that was.

I had the thought half time that both teams were good enough to have an impact on the world cup. I still think that. But also that we need some improvement on top of where we are. We were good enough to beat Germany and Denmark, deservedly so. We are good enough to rarely concede goals. But we need that bit extra in the final third against the best teams, as we did tonight.
Nope. We wernt fine first half, the writing was on the wall, we surrendered all the momentum, allowed them onto us, and you cant do that with Italy.
Second half it was so obvious it was going away from us, and the manager does nothing.
When he does get around to making the substitutions its a complete lash up, everything he could have done wrong he did.
Italy are a good team, and if you check my posts I said I couldnt see anyway Italy would lose tonight.
Southgate is negative and it cost us tonight.
It was there for the taking.

Southgate said he decided who the penalty takers were based on training.

What a fucking dozy manager he is.

I think Beaky takes some blame for the penos, but these twats with their stuttering run ups and arrogance take some of it too. Rashford and Sancho would’ve been putting their hands up like little kids to take one in training. I’ve got people asking where jack was in my WhatsApp’s, the order wasn’t decided in the semi circle, it’s been agreed for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.