The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 324 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately history repeats itself.

Same as Croatia in the World Cup. When other managers make changes, Southgate stands there and doesn’t know what to do to change it. By the time he does anything it’s too late.
I was thinking the same thing when Mancini made changes at 52 minutes. In the Copa America, subs were made at half time.
Although he was ineffectual, I would have understood if he had bought Henderson on after they wrestled the game from us early in the second half. Their goal was always going to happen if we didn't change the way we were playing.

Saka was wrong sub. Haven’t read through the thread, but said it at the time. Started off well, played attacking with good intent, but not managing to get close to a 2nd goal was always going to be a challenge.

Quite glad that Southgate's woeful management got exposed and the whole thing is over. Too much pressure there in a packed Wembley stadium for the young lad and that moment can't be erased for him. He'll have to live with that now. As Fear said the senior players should be embarrassed letting him go up.

I rate Henderson as a leader but strikes me as weak and cowardly to go off while that young lad stayed on. Then you’ve Jack who can’t take one and Sterling obviously lost his bottle too.

Kane going first I get but Maguire going early is again a lack of bottle while this young lad got out down for 5th.

A lot of bottlers there unfortunately. Maybe the atmosphere was just a little too nice because Sancho and Saka shouldn’t have even been allowed to go in the top 5.

We were under pressure, we were out of steam. We needed to release the pressure valve, get on the ball, get up the pitch , stretch the game and retain the ball in their half.

He brought on a 19 year old kid and Jordan Henderson.

Sigh.

Yep smart arse manager who wants to go against what 90% of fans would do , no sympathy from me just wish we'd been wrong.
Oh well back to beating minnows in the world cup in September

Well I wasnt going to have a go, but I cant help it.
We get the perfect start, and then we sit back and allow Italy to totally boss the game, and what does Southgate do, fuck all.
He should have seen that game was going away from us and he stood there and did nothing.
Cant even say we were gallant losers, because we never at any time gave it a go.
Sorry, but I would rather go down swinging every time.
All the usual shit now from the pundits, but at the end of the day the brutal truth is we lost again, but what really pisses me off is we had a squad good enough to win that tonight, but Southgate bottled it.

Nope. We were fine the first half. Credit to Italy they didn't let us get going in the second half. A game of few chances. You have to say Italy were better as a team. We lost an edge up front and you can debate why that was.

I had the thought half time that both teams were good enough to have an impact on the world cup. I still think that. But also that we need some improvement on top of where we are. We were good enough to beat Germany and Denmark, deservedly so. We are good enough to rarely concede goals. But we need that bit extra in the final third against the best teams, as we did tonight.

Well done Italy. We were just not good enough again. Second half we were shocking and it's the difference in the two managers.

Yup, whatever I can throw here...Italy deserved the win. Had the two red cards been given things might have been different, but we're going to spend three days debating what should've been different lol

Status
Not open for further replies.