The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 250 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not usually a pessimist*, but I just feel that we've all gone overboard a bit too early; pundits talking about 'never having a better chance', etc. There's a huge amount of pressure on the England players and I think Denmark will use that.

*That's a lie, I'm always a pessimist.

Denmark will be (and has been) playing for Christian Eriksen and I don't think the importance of that can be overstated.

I expect this to be a tough game and as mentioned above, could well be settled by the odd goal (or worse, penalties). Ordinarily, I would expect England to win, and with 60k at Wembley, they have a huge advantage.

But it's a semi-final and our track record is not great, so I'm expecting a nerve jangling evening ahead. Gulp!

Time for nosh, break out the cans and I'll see everyone shortly after kick off.

I wonder if they will surprise us?

All the hype about how good Sancho was in the last game and he gets dropped.

I even heard some pundit a few days ago saying that Sancho was as good as Jack except he was quicker.

I even heard some pundit a few days ago saying that Sancho was as good as Jack except he was quicker.

I heard one journalist on the radio saying Sancho was "phenomenal" the other night.

I think Southgate thinks that Saka gives him a bit more defensive strength than Sancho. Maele will be flying down their left wing so he probably believes that Saka will help Walker out.

He was average at best. Saka looked way better. No comparison whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.