Jorge Grant | Page 10 | Vital Football

Jorge Grant

Good luck Jorge, improved into a more rounded midfielder whilst here and contributed to a terrific last season, even if he did go off the boil slightly after injury.

Local, league above and more money it’s a no brainer, he has no deep rooted connection to Lincoln and owes us nothing after ensuring we got a fee.

Anyone wishing him bad are sad people and probably need to reflect on their own life.

I wish there was a dislike button, because for every post like this I know there is someone behind it cursing the mercenary nature of football as much as the rest of us.

Supporting a football club is an emotional investment. We treat players like heroes. We build very personal attachments - relationships by proxy if you will.

When those attachments are broken, suddenly, you question not only the choices of the player but your own. "How could they do this to us?" etc. They are always the ones who walk away.

It hurts - that is human nature and a natural human response. I guess some responses are a little dark but calling people out for expressing genuine feelings when these things happen is also pretty crap.

The reality is that you should never regard a footballer's motives any higher than a politician's. But we do. And it kills us every time.

Last edited:
I wish there was a dislike button, because for every post like this I know there is someone behind it cursing the mercenary nature of football as much as the rest of us.

Supporting a football club is an emotional investment. We treat players like heroes. We build very personal attachments - relationships by proxy if you will.

When those attachments are broken, suddenly, you question not only the choices of the player but your own. "How could they do this to us?" etc. They are always the ones who walk away.

It hurts - that is human nature and a natural human response. I guess some responses are a little dark but calling people out for expressing genuine feelings when these things happen is also pretty crap.

The reality is that you should never regard a footballer's motives any higher than a politician's. But we do. And it kills us every time.

Maybe if he screwed is over, refused a contract and took a big sign on from posh.

I understand it’s a short career, he’s upped his league, money and gone to a team that is a good fit for him.

I get some probably have stronger feelings on the matter.. but some comments have been ridiculous.

No problems with Jorge. Left us a little cash when he didn't need to and freed up a good wage for a player or two. His choice who he goes to.

Watch somebody step up to the plate now; it's an opportunity for someone and MA does like to throw that particular gauntlet down.

I've been pretty resigned to this for a while. We didn't get him on a three year deal when he signed, but at the time we did well to get him here at all, so this is a fairly inevitable conclusion to the relationship. Another hole to fill but a little bit of money to help oil the Lincoln Loco's gradual rise up the pyramid. Good luck Jorge. Do well, get poached as Posh go down, and raise us a little more money as we pass you on the way up.

Good luck to him, sadly the fans weren’t present for his best season.

We knew this was coming but nevertheless the rebuild is a big job.

Good luck Jorge. A player with lots of quality no doubt.

Do wonder if we have a ready made replacement in Sanders, someone we’ve not seen much of yet.

I think he's been trailed as more of a Bridcutt. However a combi of Sanders and Edun might collectively provide a very solid dual barrier and a bit of creativity. That's before we know who else is coming in; possibly a loan of high quality.

It makes for another fascinating aspect to watch out for in another highly anticipated season. Bring it on.

A footballer's motives are no higher than the rest of us. It's a fragile, short career and every player will kiss the badge, talk the talk but then move on to a better offer and repeat the process.

It's a fact of life, it's often disappointing but to try and set players on a higher pedestal of loyalty and morality is, in all honesty nonsensical for any lower division club and for one whose business model expressly requires players to be bought, improved and sold for a profit, delusional.

Good luck and thanks Jorge. Totally understandable move - test yourself at the next level at somewhere you’ll be pretty much guaranteed lots of game time, don’t have to uproot the family, chance you earn some cash in the short career and showcase your skills in a league with more coverage so could lead to better things. Fair credit the lad signed a new contract earlier in the year and could have waited til the end of the season. I’ll certainly applaud him when we draw Posh in one of the cups (bound to happen).
Onwards.

I think he's been trailed as more of a Bridcutt. However a combi of Sanders and Edun might collectively provide a very solid dual barrier and a bit of creativity. That's before we know who else is coming in; possibly a loan of high quality.

It makes for another fascinating aspect to watch out for in another highly anticipated season. Bring it on.
Not particularly big physical types, those two. I noticed Appleton (muscle man) saying in his recent interview that man for man Blackpool looked 1/2 a stone bigger than us in the final. Wonder if that is a pre-cursor to more gym work in pre-season, or a couple of beasts to be brought in.

Then it won’t be a problem for the club going forward. hope it isn’t like toffolo’s move to huddersfield, as he is the one player that Appleton hasn’t replaced with better.

And I'll be aatonished if someone better is found.
Whilst the model is to buy develop sell on, there's only so many times that will work and you'll end up better than before. This time, too many excellent players have gone.
Eventually, Appleton will find more gems, but we really can't expect them (or enough of them) to be unearthed this summer.

And I'll be aatonished if someone better is found.
Whilst the model is to buy develop sell on, there's only so many times that will work and you'll end up better than before. This time, too many excellent players have gone.
Eventually, Appleton will find more gems, but we really can't expect them (or enough of them) to be unearthed this summer.

It's going to be very different next season.