The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 109 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im half pissed and was chatting to an old friend in the pub as the game was shat.

Please someone provide me with an honest summary of Jacks 25/30 mins. From the glimpses i saw, he was, at the least, direct.

The momentum/tempo of the game was already gone really, didn't do anything wrong, didn't have a massive impact, but the set up was all wrong, not his fault.

Gary Neville saying, they looked lack lustre, and leggy. Fucking ridiculous, he;'s right though.

Souness spot on can't have two holding midfielders

I’ve read post after post after post on here with peoples teams seeing two fucking holding players.

I’ve played a lot of football in my time, I can tell anyone when you have two holding players and your full backs play relatively deep, all you do is pass the ball sideways or backwards. We have 4 forward players being marked out the fucking game with those tactics.

You only need one of Rice or Philips, but Southgate doesn’t have the bollocks to make it.

A competent manager would have put Grealish right in the middle of the pitch, instruct the team to give the ball to him, and try and make something happen. Instead, he was mainly isolated out wide.

Southgate proves time and time again he only has a one-dimensional approach to tactics and his fear of not losing makes his negativity the driving force in his thinking and that spreads to the team.

Playing Rice and Phillps is just stupid and perfectly sums up Southgate's negativity.

Credit to Mings who has silenced his critics and been very good in his last 2 games and just needs to bring that concentration into every game he starts.

McGinn played his part in a good Scotland midfield.

Last edited:
I’ve read post after post after post on here with peoples teams seeing two fucking holding players.

I’ve played a lot of football in my time, I can tell anyone when you have two holding players and your full backs play relatively deep, all you do is pass the ball sideways or backwards. We have 4 forward players being marked out the fucking game with those tactics.

You only need one of Rice or Philips, but Southgate doesn’t have the bollocks to make it.
Against Croatia it made sense to mitigate Modric who is a maestro of the game. To play 2 defensive midfielders again McGinn… as much as I like him he ain’t that fucking good.

There are a few world class players in that squad. They are pretty much all in the attacking half of the field. Just let them play.

Status
Not open for further replies.