Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 13 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

One big think on that report. Is The word INJURY. and that’s The word that also follows Will Keane. Around we’re ever he as played.

He's had 3 bad injuries all on his left knee. But he played 40 odd games for the first time ever last season so we must believe he's finally got over his issues.

It's obviously a gamble as some players injury history haunt them forever but there are plenty who shake them off and excel too. Richardson knows him and must believe the potential benefit outweighs the risk but it's one of those where we'll only know if it was a good bet by how it turns out.

Evans was ways going to go and link up with Cook, sort of obvious from the start. I never expected him to stay, would have been surprised if we did haha

Losing Evans is a big blow, he was pivotal in our late season form and being able to stay in this league. Not only is he a decent player but he was part of the spine of the team that we had which needed to be retained and built around.
He had his off-form period, attributed i think to recovery from injury and us not having the level of medical / recovery facilities that we had previously, but he was the one dictating play for us when he found form. Big loss.

Phoenix rising new era brighter future have faith in talal , new and better players will join this great club
We have had damn sight better players than evans i dont think he was anything special
What i will remember is he hardly played due to injury no big loss to me

Would love Evans to stay as he has that bit of class at league 1 level. If we could get max power to replace him I would be happy enough as long as we add a real good passer in the midfield

Trust me,he's far from made up his mind ,it's a big thing for him to move his family down to Suffolk,when he's settled in Wigan and loves playing for the club it's really 50/50 in my opinion ,🤔

He's having a medical this morning but not a done deal yet,!! Wigan trying to put a package together as we speak

Not expecting him to turn around and come back if he's having a medical there - but it's good if the owners are trying to do all they can to make him stay.

Obviously there will be limits on how far they can go - but it's a good sign of the clubs ambition that they aren't doing what Pompey did and saying 'he's a pay cut take it or leave it' and losing key players without much of a fight.

Trust me,he's far from made up his mind ,it's a big thing for him to move his family down to Suffolk,when he's settled in Wigan and loves playing for the club it's really 50/50 in my opinion ,🤔
If thats the case ben like you say why is he down there right now having a medical ?
Im sure he could have waited to see what our offer is before going down there

Ben have you any news about possible incoming players ?

He’s gone and has been for a long time, stop feeding people false hope.

An absolutely seismic blow, unless we strike very lucky with a loanee, we will not find anyone better than him in our current situation, with the fact that we are not one of the bigger clubs in the league anymore and don’t have one of the biggest budgets. I’d have happily seen all of the other players who were offered new deals leave if it meant that Evans stayed, because he’s the only one that I don’t think we’ll be able to replace with someone of the same standard.

The only plus point is that it will free up a massive wage and open the budget up a bit.

He's down there because he thought Wigan would in no way be able to compete with the contract offered by ipswich.but when Wigan became aware that he was on his way down to Ipswich,they got in contact with Evans and upped their offer in a bid to change his mind.
Thats fair enough mate do you think it will match their offer or better it ?

He’s gone and has been for a long time, stop feeding people false hope.

An absolutely seismic blow, unless we strike very lucky with a loanee, we will not find anyone better than him in our current situation, with the fact that we are not one of the bigger clubs in the league anymore and don’t have one of the biggest budgets. I’d have happily seen all of the other players who were offered new deals leave if it meant that Evans stayed, because he’s the only one that I don’t think we’ll be able to replace with someone of the same standard.

The only plus point is that it will free up a massive wage and open the budget up a bit.
Wow CL seismic blow only if your a physio and miss seeing him in treating room