Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 12 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Cant see why people keep keep going on about Joseph,its quite obvious he doesn't want to be at the club and will move on
All i will say is good luck to the lad wherever he ends up

What chance is there,do you think of getting Sammy Morsy back and building everything around him as we move forward......what a talisman Sammy would be!

I remember Naylor playing and scoring against us at Burton in the season where we, Burton and Blackburn were all fighting at the top of L2.
He scored a far post header to equalise and as he wheeled away, ignored the main Latics away contingent behind the goal but made a point of giving the ’the punch’ to those of us in the seats at the side of the ground.
Other than the goal I have no recollections of him but he peed me off then 😡 as to my knowledge we hadn’t given him any stick.

That's the one - he's been a key player for Burton and Pompey in recent years. Defensive midfielder.

Not sure about Naylor (never noticed him), but know Ben Close is meant to be a tidy player and when I read they'd not agreed anything with MacGillivary, I thought he'd be a player, plenty would be after, seems a very good keeper him

Close really stood out when i've seen him, suprised he's not moved before now. Still only 24, i thought he'd be one we'd have tried to have signed back when Cook first arrived.

Pompey apparently offering everyone out of contract pay cuts to stay that understandably hasn't made any of them in a rush to sign new deals. MacGillivary was player of the year and looking for a pay raise so he's left the club - Charlton are sniffing - i'd certainly love us to try and get him if possible.

Ipswich close to signing Evans , think he will be gutted to leave but unfortunately Wigan aren't in the position at the moment to compete on wage front etc.which is understandable after the last year or so.bloody Chinese owner's 🤯🤯

Ipswich close to signing Evans , think he will be gutted to leave but unfortunately Wigan aren't in the position at the moment to compete on wage front etc.which is understandable after the last year or so.bloody Chinese owner's 🤯🤯
So are you saying ben that our new owners dont have that much money to compete with likes of ipswich ?
Im not a real fan of evans so him leaving wont mean anything to me,i am just looking forward to a new future with new players who want to play for the club,
I thought or was hoping the new owners would have enough funding to compete with clubs like ipswich

I don't mean to be disrespectful Bicky, but I hate it when our fans come out with stuff like the "likes of Ipswich (or whomever)".

We don't like it when other clubs use similar condescending talk against us, so it hardly seems right for us to do the same with other clubs.

This of course is completely beside the fact that Ipswich (for a fairly long time) were one of the best clubs in the country ... admittedly a good few years ago though.

So are you saying ben that our new owners dont have that much money to compete with likes of ipswich ?
Im not a real fan of evans so him leaving wont mean anything to me,i am just looking forward to a new future with new players who want to play for the club,
I thought or was hoping the new owners would have enough funding to compete with clubs like ipswich
Not necessarily a case of money,it could be that he wants to join up with Cook again,seemed they had a very good relationship

With you Bicky as regards Evans, not all that bothered if he leaves. He isn't a bad player, but for me thinks he is better than he actually is. As you say we only want players who want to be here and are hungry.

I don't mean to be disrespectful Bicky, but I hate it when our fans come out with stuff like the "likes of Ipswich (or whomever)".

We don't like it when other clubs use similar condescending talk against us, so it hardly seems right for us to do the same with other clubs.

This of course is completely beside the fact that Ipswich (for a fairly long time) were one of the best clubs in the country ... admittedly a good few years ago though.
Its ok moonay ,but i dont think i am being disrespectful at all just using a phrase
Yes they where once a big club ,but for a reason they are where we are so to me just on the same footing

With you Bicky as regards Evans, not all that bothered if he leaves. He isn't a bad player, but for me thinks he is better than he actually is. As you say we only want players who want to be here and are hungry.

Sorry, I am just wondering where you get that Evans thinks that is better than he actually is? I haven’t seen any evidence of that. I think he made a big difference when he came back from injury, and is s real leader.

Saying that, I think he will probably end up in the Championship.

I would like him to stay and lead us back there

Coming out of administration, our owners will have certain restrictions put on them in terms of spending above & beyond any existing FFP regs that Ipswich and everyone else have to stick to
I don't know what they are but I'm assuming that they'll have to stick closely to the 2 yr spending plan they had scrutinised by the EFL when buying us. That in itself I guess is designed to stop new owners coming in & spending at levels likely to get the club in to financial difficulty again.

Personally, & I've said it before when the Spanish group were the preferred bidders, whoever owns us I want us to live within our means whatever they may be (& whilst always looking to increase those means) & looking to be the best we can be within those means. Ipswich due to crowd size etc.. are likely to have more to spend than us at that basic level & I don't want our new owners to start throwing money at bridging that gap & for us to end up in the same situation as the last year 5, 10, 15 years down the line

Coming out of administration, our owners will have certain restrictions put on them in terms of spending above & beyond any existing FFP regs that Ipswich and everyone else have to stick to
I don't know what they are but I'm assuming that they'll have to stick closely to the 2 yr spending plan they had scrutinised by the EFL when buying us. That in itself I guess is designed to stop new owners coming in & spending at levels likely to get the club in to financial difficulty again.

Personally, & I've said it before when the Spanish group were the preferred bidders, whoever owns us I want us to live within our means whatever they may be (& whilst always looking to increase those means) & looking to be the best we can be within those means. Ipswich due to crowd size etc.. are likely to have more to spend than us at that basic level & I don't want our new owners to start throwing money at bridging that gap & for us to end up in the same situation as the last year 5, 10, 15 years down the line
What you say i agree with
But how did we end up way we did ?
Where IEC conned into a sale by a former owner who just wanted out has quick as possible due to a huge drain on his family fortune
Which would have been understandable in that situation

Sorry, I am just wondering where you get that Evans thinks that is better than he actually is? I haven’t seen any evidence of that. I think he made a big difference when he came back from injury, and is s real leader.

Saying that, I think he will probably end up in the Championship.

I would like him to stay and lead us back there
In my opinion (and it is just that) he tends to try 40/50 yd passes when there are easier options available. His set piece delivery is hit and miss (corners being a good example)as are the free kicks within shooting range. As I say, it's purely my opinion but I think there are better, more all round options available 🤔

Last edited:
In my opinion (and it is just that) he tends to try 40/50 yd passes when there are easier options available. His set piece delivery is hit and miss (corners being a good example)as are the free kicks within shooting range. As I say, it's purely my opinion but I think there are better, more all round options available 🤔

Who are you thinking we could get?

I agree Evans has been hit and miss over his 3 / 4 years here but at this level I think he's a big asset.