Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1341 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

No idea why Howe is thought of as the bright manager with a big future. He did well at Bournemouth to but they've had wealthy backers since they were in league 1 and when they won the championship had the biggest wage bill in that league. He spent a fair whack to keep Bournemouth barely floating in the Premier league but despite the money spent never sorted out their defence at any point.

I'm almost certain that if he's given another Premier league job he'll be found out. Much like Dyche I think he can only thrive in a certain environment.

What a mess Barcelona are in. Imagine if UEFA had the cojones to throw the book at them for the Super League nonsense (they won't), then Barca would be further up shit creek.

I'm assuming Super Jack won't be going there this summer...

President Joan Laporta: "Our wage bill is at 110% of our income, we do not fulfill Financial Fair Play.” He also confirmed that the club had €1.2 billion in debt, and €300 million in losses, so big money signings were very unlikely.

https://theathletic.com/news/barcelona-koeman-xavi-next-manager/GQOqwQEBtOzU (paywalled)

What a mess Barcelona are in. Imagine if UEFA had the cojones to throw the book at them for the Super League nonsense (they won't), then Barca would be further up shit creek.

President Joan Laporta: "Our wage bill is at 110% of our income, we do not fulfill Financial Fair Play.” He also confirmed that the club had €1.2 billion in debt, and €300 million in losses, so big money signings were very unlikely.

https://theathletic.com/news/barcelona-koeman-xavi-next-manager/GQOqwQEBtOzU (paywalled)

A business model of that ilk, relying on basically bail outs - how is that not being criminally investigated?

A business model of that ilk, relying on basically bail outs - how is that not being criminally investigated?
Short answer is - football‘s corrupt. I know it’s not that simple but we are all aware and have seen enough documentaries to understand the shady elements that have their noses in the trough. Where there’s money there’s always crime. Also remember the corruption scandals within the governing bodies. No-one wants to clean it up as long as the goose keeps laying.

Short answer is - football‘s corrupt. I know it’s not that simple but we are all aware and have seen enough documentaries to understand the shady elements that have their noses in the trough. Where there’s money there’s always crime. Also remember the corruption scandals within the governing bodies. No-one wants to clean it up as long as the goose keeps laying.

I know for a fact if I ran my business based on that level of borrowing whilst taking a great salary and bonuses, the tax man and others would be right up my arse looking at potential fraud.

I know the differences in football don't make it completely comparable, but that's the Gov's fault for never regulating better in every country. The Bury shennanigans sicken me, funny how the owners never actually lose out isn't it.

Do these fucking morons think we should be sympathetic to their plight? The Directors should be jailed for gross negligence.

Two English teams in the Champions League final so lets send a load of fans out to Portugal during a pandemic, great fucking idea.
Remember as a nipper, how we would argue about the best way to die. Swallowed ankles first by a Python or head first by a Crocodile. Man City v Chelsea, Oil v Gas. How this pair avoid FFP penalties seems somewhat questionable, to say the least.