Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1340 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I see Citeh have spend £704m net over the past 5 years.

Pep is hailed as a genius but surely Big Sam or Mark Hughes could get a tune out of £140m net spend a season and unlimited wages.

Interesting piece about parachute payments and the effect they have on relegated clubs. Last season eleven former Premier League clubs played in the 1st and 2nd divisions. Parachute payments have to be used wisely. Also, the last time all of the clubs relegated from the top English division went straight back up was the 1901/1902 season when Manchester City and Small Heath got promoted. I liked his correct use of their name.

Didn’t Mark Hughes spend hundreds of millions, and win fuck all? I don’t think he did anything in management, another famous name in the game who was a below par manager.
Went in to Stoke as the man who was going to get them playing better football and moving them onwards and upwards.....
How did that work out.... :lol::lol::loser::loser:

Interesting piece about parachute payments and the effect they have on relegated clubs. Last season eleven former Premier League clubs played in the 1st and 2nd divisions. Parachute payments have to be used wisely. Also, the last time all of the clubs relegated from the top English division went straight back up was the 1901/1902 season when Manchester City and Small Heath got promoted. I liked his correct use of their name.

Is there an article?

I think most clubs need a 3 year plan in the Championship which involves going up, planning to come straight back down with the overall aim to be back in the league at the first time of asking. So go up, build a team that would walk the championship, gets EPL experience and will ultimately be a capable EPL side in 2 seasons time.

Wolves, ourselves and Sheffield Utd. are all exceptions. We won't know for many years what the plan was for us was. Senior mgmt. said we didnt want to mix it at the bottom but they have to say things like IMO. At the same time they did sack Suso or use him as a scapegoat. Purslow is a politician and a slippery bollocks so who knows if we'll ever get clarity.

With the way the season panned out, @mike_field gave a plausible explanation which was we were only ever hoping we could scrape by. Inspite of what senior mgmt said and did, in hindsight how could we ever have expected anything more than scraping by. I do think we have a blueprint that 90% of Champinship should follow because most are going to have a squad that wont be good enough. We got promoted with a team that simply wasnt up EPL standards and only for an amazing run wasnt even up to Championship standards.

I do think the best any championship team can wish for is to get the best bunch of players they can together without needing to sell them and avoid imploding financially. Just get a decent manager, stick with him and have a plan and stick to it.

Is there an article?

I think most clubs need a 3 year plan in the Championship which involves going up, planning to come straight back down with the overall aim to be back in the league at the first time of asking. So go up, build a team that would walk the championship, gets EPL experience and will ultimately be a capable EPL side in 2 seasons time.

Wolves, ourselves and Sheffield Utd. are all exceptions. We won't know for many years what the plan was for us was. Senior mgmt. said we didnt want to mix it at the bottom but they have to say things like IMO. At the same time they did sack Suso or use him as a scapegoat. Purslow is a politician and a slippery bollocks so who knows if we'll ever get clarity.

With the way the season panned out, @mike_field gave a plausible explanation which was we were only ever hoping we could scrape by. Inspite of what senior mgmt said and did, in hindsight how could we ever have expected anything more than scraping by. I do think we have a blueprint that 90% of Champinship should follow because most are going to have a squad that wont be good enough. We got promoted with a team that simply wasnt up EPL standards and only for an amazing run wasnt even up to Championship standards.

I do think the best any championship team can wish for is to get the best bunch of players they can together without needing to sell them and avoid imploding financially. Just get a decent manager, stick with him and have a plan and stick to it.
Sorry for the omission. It was by Martin Samuels in the Daily Mail. His column is one of the few readable items in the paper.