Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 44 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

It’s just sunk in what a magnificent achievement this is. Our team really came of age in that second half when the odds were stacked against us, Sunderland really wanted that, most of their players and management are finished as a result, ours will go from strength to strength regardless of whether we get promoted or not

Absolutely GBL, unfortuneatley I could not watch it, but driving down the mortorway I was listening to 5 Live updates. Must say, quite nerve racking tbf and at 2 - 0 feared the worst as the momentum (from the updates) must have been with Sunderland. We pulled it off and one happy driver coming back down the M40.

However, my point is as much as I appreciate what Danny and Nick did for Lincoln and will be remembered and grateful for it as it was an incredible journey. 5 Live touched on it on the radio what the Cowleys did but what a tremendous job Michael Appleton has done in taking over and building more success with a young team and a budget cut. For one, I never doubted him, even away at Southend the previous season. He goes about his business in quiet unassuming manner and has gone on to build on the success of the Cowley's with a brand of football never before seen on a regular basis. Should he get more recognition, absolutely this has been a season to remember (without fist pumps) whatever happens next Sunday. One person has given us one hell of a season - Michael Appleton.

Just back from watching game. Not had time to read the thread but ....
What a game. Nerves completely shredded and numerous bricks shat. Firs5 half well beaten and lucky to be only two down. Def penno to them in my opinion. Second half different game. Mighty Imps plaging our own game. Hopper hits the bar with a great header before planting a perfect one past Burge. Grant looked like he was go8ng to miss before he did and Connor very unlucky not to score after a fantastic side step to give himself the opening. Nail biting hours till the ref blew. Can’t say how excited I am. Feel like a 10 year old on Christmas Eve. 8 sleeps till Wembley. Going to feel like 100. 🤣🤣. Just preying 8 will be able to get a ticket. If not, TV it is. UTI 👊👊💥👏👏
In case you’re doing your marking it was Poole who hit the bar.